• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 • Coming on PS3 Holiday 2013

Zep

Banned
This makes absolutely no sense - this would be a perfect game to put on the PS4 to get more people to buy it.

No. Sony is just smart enough to realize this is the perfect game to get people to double dip on. Gran Turismo's showing on the PS4 will be its own mega event.

Typical overreactions as usual. The implication that the PS4 is in dire straits because GT6 is not on it (at the moment) is hilarious. I remember a 599.99 PS3 selling out at launch with no compelling software whatsoever. So this is GAF typically wanting their company of choosing to make terrible business decisions that would benefit them. Hilarious.

That's some revisionist history

Sorral

This makes absolutely no sense - this would be a perfect game to put on the PS4 to get more people to buy it.

It makes perfect sense to me. The PS3 isn't even under $200 price point, so they will get more years out of it. Possibly just as long as the PS2 (Yup, I went there.) People will buy the game and there will be more people buying the console on the cheap. The PS2 added over 50m+ people after the PS3 was released.

DriveClub is on the launch list, so people are likely to buy it to get their driving fix on a new console. It is a win/win situation for them this way from a business standpoint.

Goldrusher

7 new tracks (only 6 without Silverstone)

It's been 3 years since GT5 and 9 years since GT4 and we'll still be missing at least 10 of these:

1. Infineon
  2. El Capitan
  3. Grand Canyon
  4. Tahiti
  5. Apricot Hill
  6. Midfield
  7. Citta di Aria
  8. Costa di Amalfi
  9. Paris
  10. Hong Kong
  11. Las Vegas
  12. New York
  13. Seattle
  14. Seoul
  15. Tokyo
  16. Valencia
FFS

Then there's the "weather app" from Prologue which hinted at these:

1. Zolder
  2. Imola
  3. Shanghai
  4. Hockenheim
  5. Magny-Cours
  6. Estoril
  7. Jerez
  8. Brands-Hatch

Disappointing.

This is great and all.. But how could they not have targeted the PS4 as a release console? Sony would have had a real system seller at launch had they played their cards right. Unless they have a dual release up their sleeve I can't see this as a smart move with the generational transition starting. But kudos to them though, Sony really do intend to support the PS3 for a decade.

BKUWM1mCIAAfQIf.jpg:large

Playstation Blog US said:
Enhancements and improvements also extend to a much-improved course maker function, which will provide several kilometers of gorgeous scenery, including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía. The course maker will also include a new GPS data feature, which will increase the freedom of track creation in the game.

Course maker getting some awesome upgrades.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Option A: There is a dual release coming and the PS4 is getting a version of this by launch or very close to launch

Option B: They don't want to let the support for the PS3 die, so we're going to keep getting some blockbusters with comparable PS3 versions + a price cut.

I can't really complain. The PS3 is getting at least one more big blockbuster before support starts to move on.

7 new tracks

It's been 3 years since GT5 and 9 years since GT4 and we'll still be missing at least 10 of these:

1. Infineon
  2. El Capitan
  3. Grand Canyon
  4. Tahiti
  5. Apricot Hill
  6. Midfield
  7. Citta di Aria
  8. Costa di Amalfi
  9. Paris
  10. Hong Kong
  11. Las Vegas
  12. New York
  13. Seattle
  14. Seoul
  15. Tokyo
  16. Valencia
FFS

Seattle + Apricot Hill are as good as in.
Silverstone + Willow Springs are two more obvious ones from the NSX trailer.
Route 11 is shown in the trailer, if that counts as a new location.
Leaving 2 unkown.
1 of those is probably Bathurst.

Sorral

this. dumbest decision i've ever seen in 30 years of gaming.

how is GT6 not a PS4 exclusive targeted for 2015 with a Prologue coming out next year is beyond me.

Who says there might not be one? Except it will be GT7 while they will still be making money off GT6 on PS3.

jabuseika

Everyone talking about Drive Club and the PS4.

Do you realize we are getting Gran Turismo 6 this holiday season?

This Holiday Season.

Let that sink in for a moment, please.

A $60 game will not change what the PS4 will do in any way. I seriously doubt Drive Club will be a simulator on the class of Gran Turismo.

I'd much rather fund Polyphony Digital now, and let them take their time developing a true next-gen Gran Turismo, rather than them rushing out a port of this version which they had been working on for probably a while, to the new console.

Also..

GT2 was better than GT1 by plenty.

GT4 was superior to GT3 in every way.

GT6 will be something...

paskowitz

7 new tracks (only 6 without Silverstone)

1. Infineon
  2. El Capitan
  3. Grand Canyon
  4. Tahiti
  5. Apricot Hill
  6. Midfield
  7. Citta di Aria
  8. Costa di Amalfi
  9. Paris
  10. Hong Kong
  11. Las Vegas
  12. New York
  13. Seattle
  14. Seoul
  15. Tokyo
  16. Valencia
FFS

Then there's the "weather app" from Prologue which hinted at these:

1. Zolder
  2. Imola
  3. Shanghai
  4. Hockenheim
  5. Magny-Cours
  6. Estoril
  7. Jerez
  8. Brands-Hatch

Disappointing.

New tracks every month as DLC.

Weird move by Sony for not putting this on PS3/PS4 but I understand their logic. Every new console experiences early drought in its cycle and it is important for Sony to keep PS3 alive while waiting for AAA PS4 titles to come out and there is no game having longer legs than GT.

Perkel

Banned
Jordan @ GTPlanetNews will ask questions for Kazunori so maybe something new will come up. He asked to help him with questions I helped him with these:

Will there be standard cars ? information on premium vs standard
Ask about tesselation
Aska about engine notes and if they upgraded sound

I don't know what to think. All of my focus is on the next consoles, so a big release like this for the PS3 just isn't doing it for me.

darkwing

Jordan @ GTPlanetNews will ask questions for Kazunori so maybe something new will come up. He asked to help him with questions I helped him with these:

Will there be standard cars ? information on premium vs standard
Ask about tesselation
Aska about engine notes and if they upgraded sound

you forget the biggest question,

will GT6 be on the Vita/PS4

Man

Someone please gif that timelapse section in the trailer that refers to 45 billion online miles driven (eventually leading to space). End the gif with the GT6 logo.

Mr. RHC

YbUhRe1.png

I don't even know where to discuss the game!

Interesting move to bring GT6 to PS3, but I guess it will eventually come to PS4 as a system seller.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome, don't know if I'll get it though. I spent around 10 hours with GT5 and all the content was overwhelming.

Also, my racing skills are terrible.

Nafai1123

Banned
I wish GT6 was coming to PS4 this holiday, but I understand the strategy. They already have a customer base of over 70mil on the PS3 so GT6 will do very well this holiday. I would expect a GT6 PS4 announcement later this year and will probably release sometime in 2014.

Mascot

If they sacrificed v-synch/60 to get some fucking LEAVES floating around... Man, I'm going to be incandescent with rage.

The Stealth Fox

How come no one is commenting on the demo? Have they fixed the alpha? Have they done anything about the shadows?

I just want the game looking more consistent.

I must say, goot decision of Sony since they will keep PS3 active for at least 3+ years with this title.

No need to sell old sistem, only buy new one (PS4)

Good way to make people keep their old sistem, i like it.

The_Lump

Banned
So its trolling to point out that this is going to be an odd time to release a flagship game for your outgoing console? Might not make a blind bit of difference to sales, but the timing is at least worth a confused-face imo.

I'm not saying it should have been on ps4, I'm just saying they should be 1000% pushing ps4 at launch. This is an unnecessary distraction. IMO.

web01

Disappointing that they are basically tuning it into a DLC cash cow, its guaranteed there is going to be held back DLC tracks and Cars given the announcement so early not the way anyone wanted to see the franchise go. Only 7 new tracks is proof of this also.

Ding-Ding

To be honest, the best bit of info on GT6 so far is the new suspension and tire model...

Im like a puppy on heat for the 1st time right now!!!

Top Bottom