• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport demo coming Oct. 9

1er tigre

Any idea to avoid the options crashing issue ?
Even when I try to redeem a prize it crashes.
It's very annoying and doesn't help to sell the game. It's a shame because the game is great.

benzy

OxoK5W.png

xW4B9r.png

gVNQXI.png

9jqO4n.png

tS9lMV.png

[imghttps://i.cubeupload.com/3QLgMD.png][/img]

kzIaUo.png

Just tried it. Are people seriously liking this?

I was a huge GT fan since the first one all the way to GT5 but as soon as I started to play this one I was met with a very weird sensation.

First, the game has no speed. It seems very slow and the driving response of the cars is akin to an anvil on wheels. Seriously, I can't believe how bad the whole thing rubbed off on me.

I've been playing driveclub for the past year and I think that's how a racing game should feel. Responsive, fun, speeding sensation.

No doubt GT is gorgeous but on everything else I was really disappointed.

Any idea to avoid the options crashing issue ?
Even when I try to redeem a prize it crashes.
It's very annoying and doesn't help to sell the game. It's a shame because the game is great.

Even the official response says it should be ok after 15 minutes of playing, so maybe you have a different issue? On the home screen there’s a button in the bottom right that usually highlights something current, can you click through from there to collect your prize?

Shock32

Just did my first couple officiao races. Im really impressed with the netcode and the server stability. Everybody raced clean which was surreal lol. This game is day one now, im love learning the tracks to go online and race clean, its intense too. One lapse in concentration leads to penalties and ending up at the back of the pack. My best race was starting 19 and finishing 7th on Tokyo highway. Im excited now.

ghibli99

Ah yes I recognize this one, was struggling with it last night in one of the challenges. The tiny window makes it feel like you're in a tank more than a car. Terrible visibility.
Does it help to move the camera forward? Based on how basically a good 3/4th of the view out the car is obscured, I'm guessing the answer is 'not very much'.

Servbot24

Banned
The UI is spot on. Gameplay and graphics seem great too.

Tbh I have never been good at this series and just enjoyed collecting cars. So I'm not sure if I'll get this right away, but definitely very interested.

Yeah. I really like the look of the game.

Seems PD finally fixed that issue where every track kinda looked like it was in the same environment from one another.

What are the right chase cam settings for something close to every other racing game ever? Cant seem to get it right. I cam getting tight as hell or all over the place.

dano1

A Sheep

I was a huge GT fan since the first one all the way to GT5 but as soon as I started to play this one I was met with a very weird sensation.

First, the game has no speed. It seems very slow and the driving response of the cars is akin to an anvil on wheels. Seriously, I can't believe how bad the whole thing rubbed off on me.

I've been playing driveclub for the past year and I think that's how a racing game should feel. Responsive, fun, speeding sensation.

Use the hood or bumper cam. Does seem a little slow with dash cam. But mostly because of the less powerful cars at the moment.

You're not gonna use

Gran Turismo Sport |OT| And Kaz rested on the 7th

??? I guess it was too brilliant (not mine btw, just from the other thread, lot's of people, me included were WOAH)

In my mind, this was and is the one.

Gran Turismo Sport |OT| Lucky Number Sport

This one's pretty great too, though!

Man, I need to make that adaptor for my Logitech GT. Still pissed that it doesn't just work.

Yeah can’t relate to this at all. Cars feel realistic and heavy, sense of speed is appropriate and racing 200 mph feels crazy in super cars.

And Kaz rested on the 7th is kinda funny, but maybe insulting to ppl that work on the game?

Lots of love and care went into GTS.

Go into a time trial race in sport mode, then exit out back to main menu. Should be able to open up settings afterwards.

well that didn't work. neither did waiting 15+ min, deleting save game data, or finishing the driver training and missions.

do i need to race other people or will doing the qualifying time trials work?

benzy

well that didn't work. neither did waiting 15+ min, deleting save game data, or finishing the driver training and missions.

do i need to race other people or will doing the qualifying time trials work?

I did a full lap in qualifying time trials and it worked after I finished and went back to main menu. Gave the suggestion to someone else and it got his working too. Not sure of how other people got theirs to work though.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
That's the thing. My T300 died yesterday. Thrustmaster aren't replying to my emails as well.

hmm, i just ordered a t300 and this makes me a bit nervous. how long have you had it for? i''ve seen a couple others say they had issues with it as well, but i decided to take my chances as i refuse to go back to logitech's crummy gear driven wheels.

I did a full lap in qualifying time trials and it worked after I finished and went back to main menu. Gave the suggestion to someone else and it got his working too. Not sure of how other people got theirs to work though.

ya i did a full lap and still crashing. might try a re-download/install next.

Gestault

No crashes for me, and only a little stutter on a few races on vanilla PS4. Hit level 11 and I've cleared most of what's available in the demo. I'm...less sold than I was a week ago? Nothing bad, they checked a lot of the underlying boxes.

"Less sold" being a figure of speech; I'm still sold, just underwhelmed with what the actual experience is so far. When the highlight of the available solo stuff really is knocking over 100 cones or starting at the back of a pack and getting in front of it over a quarter of a track, it's hard to really get excited about what racing is there. The actual racing is fine, aside from the AI taking tranquilizers.

Am I totally off-base that someone could easily gold-clear this game in a day or two?

Does it help to move the camera forward? Based on how basically a good 3/4th of the view out the car is obscured, I'm guessing the answer is 'not very much'.

Haven't tried messing with the interior camera, that's a good idea. But probably of limited use. I prefer the cockpit view too much to use another camera though.

The UI is spot on. Gameplay and graphics seem great too.

My only minor issue with the UI is backing out of menus -- it's the Circle button all the way until the top sub-menu, which requires an X (or moving the virtual mouse) to close. I always stare at the UI wondering why it's not closing until I remember that. Oh, and some of the text is just a bit too small. Other than that though it's great, and carries on the tradition of great UI work in GT games.

Yeah can’t relate to this at all. Cars feel realistic and heavy, sense of speed is appropriate and racing 200 mph feels crazy in super cars.

Yeah, I tried the McLaren last night and hoo boy. Basically a rocket with wheels.

I wouldn't mind a 30fps race mode with motion blur applied though. I think that would help with the sense of speed for non-supercars.

Top Bottom