• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

gooface

Banned
I super want this on PC.... I am tempted to get it for my PS4 too.... but PC will have mods, I just hope its optimized right and doesnt have terrible DRM.

kaskade

Hopefully we get a date or something soon. Maybe Gamescom? Kind of funny (or sad) that two of my most anticipated games for this year are re releases from last year. At least it's something to play.

knirk

Banned
The creators of OpenIV has just released a new version called 2.1 with GTA V support

Snipped from their homepage.

Today we are proud to release OpenIV 2.1. This is the first version with Continuous Navigation – a new way to interact with archives. Continuous Navigation gives you ability to navigate through archives continuously just like regular folders. This new experience allows you to navigate faster through archives and inner archives that presented in large quantities in GTA V.

As for Grand Theft Auto V support, we have added two big features. Now you are able to view XFT Models and finally you have all features to edit and create RPF7 archives for GTA V.

Link to video on YouTube showing the new version of the tool.

I only got to
sub heist where u steal the little yellow sub and fly it with the chinook helicopter
. How far into the games story is that? Thats where my last gen console crapped out. Hopefully looking forward to playing the majority of the games story on ps4.

I'd say 60-70%.
It's been a while since I played it so don't quote me on it.

Why yesterday?

Take two financial results.

4BCOTiD.png

Valnen

it's GTA, they kinda don't have to

Pretty much. They could be like "Oh yeah it's coming out tomorrow" at some event without releasing any more trailers or anything and it'd still sell millions.

Does anyone know how long they've been working on the port? I really hope it doesn't suck. I'm sure it'll run better than the last gen versions which ran like shit but hopefully it doesn't just run "okay".

Didn't pick it up on the PS3 as I had GTA4 on that and it ran like shit, so decided that as it was pretty obvious they would do a next gen version I would hold off for the release of it.

AmyS

GTA 5 Will Sell 2 Million On PS4, Xbox One, PC According To Analyst

(2 million in its first month that is)

GTA 5's remakes on PS4, Xbox One and PC could bring in a fair amount of revenue for Rockstar's parent company Take-Two Interactive. Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia says that these new versions of the open-world crime game could sell a combined two million in its first month.

If GTA 5 sold two million copies on those three platforms, that would add roughly $100 million to Take-Two's coffers. Bhatia's calculates revenue of $48 from each copy, presumably because retailers take about $12 of every $60. I don't think he's accounting for the royalties paid to Microsoft and Sony for putting games on their consoles, but whatever. Point is, it's a lot of money. That total could steadily build over months or even years as more console gamers purchase PS4 or Xbox One.

The long-term profits of GTA 5 and its multiplayer are why I think GTA 6 is a long way away. There's no need to rush a sequel because they're still making a lot of money. As Bhatia says in his latest report, Take-Two is now able to achieve "meaningful and sustainable profitability in the non-GTA years." The revenue from GTA Online and other franchises allow them to let Rockstar develop the next game in the series at their own pace. They could even take a break from the franchise and make a new Red Dead game.

Take-Two said during their 1Q earnings report yesterday that it's due in "Fall 2014." It technically could be here as early as September. However, Bhatia notes that Take-Two's estimate for their July - September earnings> would be higher if that were true true. Bhatia's more inclined to believe the "recent speculation" that GTA 5 will hit PS4, Xbox One and PC in November.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-Sell-2-Million-PS4-Xbox-One-PC-According-Analyst-66620.htmll

The draw distance, ground detail, and traffic is alone worth it for me. That, and especially, less repeating cars.

I'll often use GTA V as a sort of screen saver. Park Trevor somewhere with some sort of theme, like wearing a security vest and with the Sheriff suburban by the Paleto sherrif wall mural with the flags and radio tower in the background, or wearing a brown suit and full gerrybeard a la the Trevor Philips Industries drug kingpin with a white Rolls Royce out in the Grand Senora desert in the midst the oil derricks, or with a Gwagen in work clothes out at the ports, just watching the sun through the Paleto pines or glistening sand dunes and the creek of the oil derricks or watching the semis drive through the port authority.

I'll leave that on all day on a TV while I'm working in my office, amid the clutter of Bloomberg and market screens on my various other screens and tablets. It's actually surprisingly how good a screen saver or 'background visual/noise' the game is.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2 million across three platforms seems like a fairly safe bet, even accounting for the fact that not everybody is going to be inclined to doubled-dip.

UrbanRats

2 million across three platforms seems like a fairly safe bet, even accounting for the fact that not everybody is going to be inclined to doubled-dip.

The PC community for GTA seems pretty large, and they've been starved for this long enough.
However there's also quite some other of stuff coming out this fall, and it is a double dip after all.

Horns

PS3 had a "perk" with GTA IV & V in the sense that the sixaxis could control certain vehicles. This is along the lines of what I'd expect for a special perk.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The PC community for GTA seems pretty large, and they've been starved for this long enough.
However there's also quite some other of stuff coming out this fall, and it is a double dip after all.

Yeah, but the estimation is across a full month. That strikes me as quite likely.

Rosur

I imagine we'll get a release date and whatever exclusive the PS4 has at Sony's conference.

That would be nice to finally get release date gonna guess sometime in November hopefully ends up near the 20th rather than beginning as be too busy playing Civ: Beyond Earth then...

paolo11

I already Platinum'd this game on PS3. I hope trophies sync or better yet, have story mode trophies only with easy to get multiplayer trophies.

ICPEE

I super want this on PC.... I am tempted to get it for my PS4 too.... but PC will have mods, I just hope its optimized right and doesnt have terrible DRM.
That's what gets me clenching my butt checks together. GTA4 is a complete mess on PC. You struggle to get respectable performance from a mid level card.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
lol 2 million only? That's impossible. 2million on day one. And with the PC release. I am thinking the game will eventually hit the 50million mark. Right now its sitting at 35million. What you guys this? 15mil from new version seems achievable for lifetime sales?

Liamc723

Gut feeling tells me we'll get another trailer (perhaps showcasing the new SP bits) with a release date when ever Rockstar are ready. Will probably be 2-3 months before the release date.

Well it's supposed to come out this year so I imagine that should be very soon!

sense

i am going to assume rockstar is smart enough to add some sort of single player dlc to encourage people to double dip because it would be a missed opportunity while it may still sell good but releasing alongside substantial single player dlc will justify the cost for a lot of people something in the lines of stand alone dlc that came for gta 4.

i am going to assume rockstar is smart enough to add some sort of single player dlc to encourage people to double dip because it would be a missed opportunity while it may still sell good but releasing alongside substantial single player dlc will justify the cost for a lot of people something in the lines of stand alone dlc that came for gta 4.

They are smart enough to add some free DLC, but I seriously doubt they have any to add yet. They want to be able to sell you 'Lamar's Big Ballin' DLC in 4-6 months after this is out.

On Demand

Banned

This is why i think the single player DLC hasn't been released yet. They're going to release it with the PS4/XB1 versions.

BFIB

Do you guys think gamestop going to offer something similar like TLOU ps3 upgrade to ps4 ( 50% off ) for gta v?

I would be surprised if there wasn't some type of trade in deal. With GTA V selling truckloads, it might not be quite half the price, but I'd expect something better than what the trade in value is now.

lol 2 million only? That's impossible. 2million on day one. And with the PC release. I am thinking the game will eventually hit the 50million mark. Right now its sitting at 35million. What you guys this? 15mil from new version seems achievable for lifetime sales?
Easily, at some point. GTA4 is still in the top sellers every Steam sale, and that's with GFWL bogging it down.

The Llama

I really don't think it matters to a lot of people tbh. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like people have already decided whether they'll double dip or not, and a little DLC won't make a difference.

I really don't think it matters to a lot of people tbh. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like people have already decided whether they'll double dip or not, and a little DLC won't make a difference.

Unless it's a zombie add on ;P but true people have already decided either way.

Raptomex

Funny. I have 4 collector's editions, one unopened for each console. The GTA V pulse headset unopened, the GTA V PS3 bundle unopened, and the digital copy for each console. It's safe to say I'll be dipping once again. In fact I already have each console pre-ordered in store and online. DLC will not make a difference.

lefantome

50 millions if they release big expansion like they did with GTA4 for sure.

The complete edition is going to sell for years.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You guys know how much GTA V launched for on PSN in the UK? I got the disc version on PS3 but due to remote play I'm gonna want this game digitally on PS4 so I have access to it at all times on Vita. I imagine it'll launch for the same price on PS4.

w00zey

I only got to
sub heist where u steal the little yellow sub and fly it with the chinook helicopter
. How far into the games story is that? Thats where my last gen console crapped out. Hopefully looking forward to playing the majority of the games story on ps4.

LOL this is where I quit also. I am thinking it was a decent bit into the game. Has to at least be halfway.

Top Bottom