• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

SJRB

Gold Member
Let's speculate a bit, shall we? Just for fun.

What's the over/under on getting a proper first-person view when driving? The trailer shows a shot of Michael, the displays in the car clearly worked. There's no reason to even do that without a first person mode as the displays are literally impossible to see when driving in third person. And if not for every car, for the love of god bring it back when riding taxis. Even GTAIV has fps when riding cabs.

Also - maybe more radio stations? With the game no longer being restricted in size by DVD capacity there's a ton more storage available for audio. I remember an interview with Flying Lotus that Rockstar was extremely strict about the length of his mix, he had a lot more tracks in his tracklists but had to cut it significantly. Would be dope if every channel got an upgrade.

The more I think about the possibilities, the more excited I get. Rockstar can do such more with this than "just" porting and upressing it.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
ehh suppose to be out in 2-3 months still no info or heists

Can't wait to see the game world after this upgrade....

The cities are actually highly modeled off of LA. To a surprisingly high extent, even. I had no idea so many buildings were actually in or similar to those in LA, and it's baffling just how much unique art every corner, nook, and cranny LS and Blaine County have.

This thread is particularly awesome at finding the real life LA counterparts of GTAV buildings.

Almost 26,000 replies and they're still finding so many new unique buildings in GTAV that are based on or at least inspired by real buildings.

IMACOMPUTA

This is based on nothing, but I have a feeling we're gonna get a release date announcement this week. Right? Fall is almost here.

Fjordson

Also - maybe more radio stations? With the game no longer being restricted in size by DVD capacity there's a ton more storage available for audio. I remember an interview with Flying Lotus that Rockstar was extremely strict about the length of his mix, he had a lot more tracks in his tracklists but had to cut it significantly. Would be dope if every channel got an upgrade.
If new DLC is announced and comes with the new versions then I think it's almost guaranteed that we'll get new music, and possibly new stations. Both DLC episodes for GTA IV added new music to the radio.

Can't wait to see the game world after this upgrade....

The cities are actually highly modeled off of LA. To a surprisingly high extent, even. I had no idea so many buildings were actually in or similar to those in LA, and it's baffling just how much unique art every corner, nook, and cranny LS and Blaine County have.

This thread is particularly awesome at finding the real life LA counterparts of GTAV buildings.

Almost 26,000 replies and they're still finding so many new unique buildings in GTAV that are based on or at least inspired by real buildings.
That thread is awesome. Such an impressive world. Makes me want to go back and play the game, I've been itching to for months, but it feels like a waste to do so before the PS4 version.

dreamfall

If new DLC is announced and comes with the new versions then I think it's almost guaranteed that we'll get new music, and possibly new stations. Both DLC episodes for GTA IV added new music to the radio.

That thread is awesome. Such an impressive world. Makes me want to go back and play the game, I've been itching to for months, but it feels like a waste to do so before the PS4 version.

I think you're totally right- new Episode DLC promises new stations! Having Lagerfeld DJ for Ballad felt so gooood, and Cavalera bringing the gruff for Lost & Damned was brillllliant!

I also have been just dabbling here and there, eagerly awaiting the remastered version- I just drive for 20ish minutes, maybe walk around and then pray that we get news of a release date soon!

DOWN

Banned
This will be me first digital purchase on PS4. Ready to pre-order as soon as it is up.

I suspect DLC for single player will hit February/March.

dreamfall

So who's building a brand new PC specifically with GTAV in mind (among other upcoming games) ?

I think I'll be purchasing an 800 series card, if anything. Rocking with an i7 3770K, 8GB RAM, hopefully it'll be up to snuff. Praying for a great remastering port job on the PC!

Mistah

Every time I see this thread I expect a release date, and then I leave disappointed.
open-fridge.gif

Every freaking time

AmyS

I'm sure mine's already up to snuff. I5 3570k, gtx 770 4GB, 8GB RAM.

Picking a graphics card shouldn't be difficult, but I'm not familiar with the various models of Core i5 and i7 CPUs. Even if I choose to go i5 or i7 the four digit numbers of the Intel CPUs, well I haven't ever really looked into. Is 4.0 GHz pretty much the top end?

Seanspeed

Banned
Picking a graphics card shouldn't be difficult, but I'm not familiar with the various models of Core i5 and i7 CPUs. Even if I choose to go i5 or i7 the four digit numbers of the Intel CPUs, well I haven't ever really looked into. Is 4.0 GHz pretty much the top end?
4.0GHz is the highest base-clock CPU speed available in stock form(the i7-4790k).

However, 4.0GHz Haswell(4xxx series) is slightly more powerful than 4.0GHz Ivy Bridge(3xxx series), which is in turn a tad more powerful than 4.0GHz Sandy Bridge(2xxx series). So speed is important, but its not quite everything.

In terms of lineups, you really only need to know i5-4690k and i7-4790k. These are refreshes of the 4670k and 4770k chips, with improved thermal compound, extra capacitors and improvements to stock speeds(0.1GHz and 0.5GHz respectively).

There are lower models in the i5/i7 lines, but if you want to be able to overclock(and you do, because you can achieve a substantial improvement in power), then I wouldn't even consider them. They should only be looked at if you're on a budget build and cant/have no interest in overclocking.

kudoboi

So who's building a brand new PC specifically with GTAV in mind (among other upcoming games) ?

i game on PC primarily so my PC should already be able to handle the game. I do plan on upgrading to a GTX 880 though or maybe just flat out get a new PC.

If i do go to the get a new PC route, I will either go fully custom built or get one of those Asus ROGs / Alienware Auroras. PC parts are pretty expensive here anyways so those pre-built ones aren't a lot more.

edit: did a calculation

to do custom built with similar parts to the alienware model i want, it would cost aprox $2200. the alienware build i want is $2789. so yeah it isn't a lot more

4.0GHz is the highest base-clock CPU speed available in stock form(the i7-4790k).

However, 4.0GHz Haswell(4xxx series) is slightly more powerful than 4.0GHz Ivy Bridge(3xxx series), which is in turn a tad more powerful than 4.0GHz Sandy Bridge(2xxx series). So speed is important, but its not quite everything.

In terms of lineups, you really only need to know i5-4690k and i7-4790k. These are refreshes of the 4670k and 4770k chips, with improved thermal compound, extra capacitors and improvements to stock speeds(0.1GHz and 0.5GHz respectively).

There are lower models in the i5/i7 lines, but if you want to be able to overclock(and you do, because you can achieve a substantial improvement in power), then I wouldn't even consider them. They should only be looked at if you're on a budget build and cant/have no interest in overclocking.

Who cares about base-clock? Turbo is what counts and has nothing to do with overclocking.

jwtsonga

console exclusive content is always crappy, as I found out with Watch Dogs. But then again, that whole game was underwhelming....

LilJoka

Who cares about base-clock? Turbo is what counts and has nothing to do with overclocking.

The advertised Turbo speed is only active when a single core is in use. Since atleast 2 cores are generally in use, and most likely all 4 for GTA V, it's not really a fair way to compare CPUs, it's much fairer to compare the nominal speed or 4 core Turbo. For each number of active cores, the turbo speed is different by 100mhz.

Seanspeed

Banned
Base clock is definitely important. Any game that utilizes all your cores wont benefit much from Turbo. Overclocking your base clock will yield better performance during gaming overall.

This is based on nothing, but I have a feeling we're gonna get a release date announcement this week. Right? Fall is almost here.

Fall is like a month and a half away (sept 23)... but, I feel ya. I'm just anxious for any new content. I'm also thinking they're going to be conservative with that Fall date and target like Dec 16, the last Tuesday of fall :)

Kezen

Banned
GTA 5 is probably in my top 3 games of the past 10 years. Can't wait to replay it in its full glory on PC.

I hope the current-gen console versions are 60fps so I should be able to run it at max settings/60fps easily.

GlamFM

Banned
GTA 5 is probably in my top 3 games of the past 10 years. Can't wait to replay it in its full glory on PC.

I hope the current-gen console versions are 60fps so I should be able to run it at max settings/60fps easily.

There is simply no chance this runs at 60fps on current gen.

Kezen

Banned
There is simply no chance this runs at 60fps in current gen.

Why ? It's all a matter of compromises and visual target.
Anything could run at 60fps if they wanted to.

4A Games also believe they couldn't hit 60fps with Metro Redux and look at what happened.

I'd say it's absolutely possible for it to run at 60fps average on Xbox One and PS4....And that would be a fantastic news for PC owners (easy 60fps on mid-range hardware)
Everyone would win.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't know if I want to get it on PC or on PS4...

The PC version has potential for getting better FPS and graphics but I have zero faith in the port quality. On the other hand PS4 is as simple as it goes.

Kezen

Banned
Sure, would look roughly like last gens version.
Not going to happen. Locked at 30 is the best we can hope for.
I don't understand why you seem so pessimistic.

60fps is a hot topic right now. Naughty Dog and 343i have switched to 60fps or at least close to that. It would be perfect for Rockstar to follow.

I'm sure it would look a true generation ahead of the last-gen versions at 60 and it would play immensely better.

Majanew

Banned
Why ? It's all a matter of compromises and visual target.
Anything could run at 60fps if they wanted to.

4A Games also believe they couldn't hit 60fps with Metro Redux and look at what happened.

I'd say it's absolutely possible for it to run at 60fps average on Xbox One and PS4....And that would be a fantastic news for PC owners (easy 60fps on mid-range hardware)
Everyone would win.

From the looks of GTAV running on PS4 in that trailer, I'd bet it's 30fps. Metro Redux is nowhere near the same as GTA on scale and complexity, so it's a silly comparison. The 360/PS3 versions of GTAV could run at 60fps, but Rockstar is upping the graphics.

The advertised Turbo speed is only active when a single core is in use. Since atleast 2 cores are generally in use, and most likely all 4 for GTA V, it's not really a fair way to compare CPUs, it's much fairer to compare the nominal speed or 4 core Turbo. For each number of active cores, the turbo speed is different by 100mhz.

True, I forgot that it's a tiny bios setting to run all four cores at turbo.

Base clock is definitely important. Any game that utilizes all your cores wont benefit much from Turbo. Overclocking your base clock will yield better performance during gaming overall.

Really, just set all cores to turbo. Why would you not do that?

GlamFM

Banned
I don't understand why you seem so pessimistic.

60fps is a hot topic right now. Naughty Dog and 343i have switched to 60fps or at least close to that. It would be perfect for Rockstar to follow.

I'm sure it would look a true generation ahead of the last-gen versions at 60 and it would play immensely better.

Very different games, very different engines.

Top Bottom