• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Cragvis

Id be happy if they utilized the new systems to basically remove the loading times when jumping between open world/multiplayer matches

The initial game load up im ok with (but shorter is always nicer) but the waiting when switching from free roam to MP matches KILLS me....ughhh

AndyD

aka andydumi
I don't know ANYTHING about this game, went complete media blackout since it was announced, no trailers, no info, nothing.

I hope it blows me away.

Same here. I know there's three guys and they share the story. And there's lots of things to do, but I decided back then, during PS3 preview days, to hold out for PC. I may just hop on the PS4 version if it reviews well instead.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope they look at the save 'bug' that has plagued GTA's memory for so long. Whenever you get further in the game, the more it has to remember you've done, and it begins making a lot of the cars in traffic similar to save on memory. Which really cheapens the atmosphere of the game. Happened in San Andreas, 4, and 5 a LOT. Would hate for denser traffic and then all the traffic is Vapids.

Description says video output is in Full HD.
Do we know if it's 30 or 60 FPS?

The descriptions on PSN are essentially just saying "this will display on these screens" and not "this will render at this res". I think the same page for the PS3 also says Full HD just because the console can upscale and output at 1080.

kabel

The descriptions on PSN are essentially just saying "this will display on these screens" and not "this will render at this res". I think the same page for the PS3 also says Full HD just because the console can upscale and output at 1080.

Ahhh good to know.

This is the only game I'm excited about this year now, the wait is terrible.

I could just load up the ps3 version but have pledged not to do that since the next gen versions were confirmed.

Megasoum

Banned
70$ ....sigh....

I hope they will do a similar deal to what they did for Last of Us (25$ + the PS3 version). I really want to replay the game but I don't want to pay another 70$

70$ ....sigh....

I hope they will do a similar deal to what they did for Last of Us (25$ + the PS3 version). I really want to replay the game but I don't want to pay another 70$

You're lucky they did that with tlou, don't think we had anything like that in the UK.

Dabanton

This was always going to be full price. If R* has done a complete overhaul of everything plus added loads of new stuff I'll happily pay full price again.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Just like TLoU, right?

They could do 60fps but if they chose to go with even better visuals instead, I'm cool with that. The 30fps would have to be rock-solid though.

I don't think you understand the difference between TLOU and GTA5 in terms of requirements. Its ridiculous to compare the two as games.

Even with that being said, you didn't actually disagree with what i said at all. They kept the game at 30 to make it look better. If it had been 60, it would have looked like GTA5 PS3.

Megasoum

Banned
You people use US dollars in canada? Thought you had your own money with some queen on it and its all multi colored.

id still pay 70 bucks for it.

It's called Canadian Dollars...

And I actually 100% the game on PS3 and I want to re-do it on the new console. The fact of paying full price doesn't really bother me per se. The problem is that November is so crowded already that it will be tough to fit it in the budget.

You people use US dollars in canada? Thought you had your own money with some queen on it and its all multi colored.

id still pay 70 bucks for it.

yeah, there's actually no credit cards or anything in canada either it's crazy. If you want to buy a game on PSN you have to take 70 dollars (usually 3 Queen Victoria's [1 QV = $20 USD] and a Loonie-Tenner (1 LT = $10 USD), and then feed them into the disc slot on your PS4. Hopefully PSN is up and your internet connection is good because it takes a really long time to send that money to Japan for sony to process it.

So weird tho that the police are all replaced by mounties on the Canadian version of GTA. Makes the game a hell of a lot easier though because outrunning horses is really easy

IMACOMPUTA

yeah, there's actually no credit cards or anything in canada either it's crazy. If you want to buy a game on PSN you have to take 70 dollars (usually 3 Queen Victoria's [1 QV = $20 USD] and a Loonie-Tenner (1 LT = $10 USD), and then feed them into the disc slot on your PS4. Hopefully PSN is up and your internet connection is good because it takes a really long time to send that money to Japan for sony to process it.

So weird tho that the police are all replaced by mounties on the Canadian version of GTA. Makes the game a hell of a lot easier though because outrunning horses is really easy

Sarcasm?

Megasoum

Banned

I actually do most of my PSN purchases with beaver leather trade

FleetFeet

I think its lame how they split the million dollars in half between story mode and online, since the game is a total grindfest to earn any serious cash online... but they throw in an extra 300k with the preorder on PSN, still sucks tho since its not the full million, cause they made it sound like it was for the online portion of the game.

Just like TLoU, right?

They could do 60fps but if they chose to go with even better visuals instead, I'm cool with that. The 30fps would have to be rock-solid though.

Last of Us wasn't an open world game.

Seriously, the way I see it they are fucked either way in some people's eyes. They make the game 60fps, people are pissed because the visuals haven't improved that much if at all. Or lets say the visuals are greatly improved, people are pissed because it's not 60fps. To those people I say.....wait for the PC version. lol.

friz898

I havent decided if I'm going to gamefly this or buy this.

Why Buy:

Lots of hours of gameplay. (Right? Over 30?)
It's epic.
Uh. Point 1.

Why Rent:

Am I going to like it when I've never played any GTA longer than 3 hours? To incluce GTA 3, 4, and PSP Vice City?

Is it going to get old after 10 hours or something and be a 60 buck waste if I don't play online?

Can somewone give me their opinions? Thank you

Fjordson

Why Buy:

It's epic.
Uh. Point 1.

Why Rent:

Am I going to like it when I've never played any GTA longer than 3 hours? To incluce GTA 3, 4, and PSP Vice City?

Is it going to get old after 10 hours or something and be a 60 buck waste if I don't play online?

Depends on why you didn't like past GTA's.

friz898

Depends on why you didn't like past GTA's.

I'm not sure.

I cared more about just going hog-wild and killing people with full anarchy before I got busted.

(GTA 3 btw)

I tried to play GTA VC PSP like it was a real game and the first time I died I got frustrated and said fuck it. I never did try GTA IV for that reason.

Tigress

Why Rent:

I have never gotten into GTA either that much (even though it seems like a game I'd like). Granted, to be fair I've only played GTAs on the iphone and IV (on an xbox). So where I played it might have had a hand in that. But I always seem to find that i liked messing around in the free world but hated doing missions.

GTA V was so fun to free roam in and I even enjoyed the missions that that changed. For me I think a big thing was actually having checkpoints within the missions so I didn't have to restart the whole mission over again if I messed up. That really made it the missions more playable. On top of that the story was more interesting to me and having three characters meant more chance there'd be a character I found fun to play (always found GTA characters kinda dry). For me that would be Trevor whose personality is great for a GTA game. YOu can be as insane as you want and it totally fits with him so it's more immersive.

Plus, I like the fact that they hint underneath he seems more the good guy than the other two, even if he is insane. Or rather, I would say that despite the fact he can be a psycho that underneath he seems to care more about others than the other two characters. Even if it is in his own crazy/psychotic way.

In my experience, GTA V is quite fun and addictive and I was in the same boat as you. If nothing else the world is so detailed and pretty it's just fun exploring it. It is definitely not as dry and bland as previous GTA worlds.

Anion

Lmao, amazing

friz898

That might be a good point. I would get frustrated when I fucked up on PSP version. The only semi-modern version of GTA that I have given a fair shot too. I mean it's the whole "it's me, not them" thing. I just have little patience these days to spend 15-20 mins on a mission, mess up one thing and have to re-do it. I'm not saying there's something wrong with that. Just doesn't fit my busy life.

I have never gotten into GTA either that much (even though it seems like a game I'd like). Granted, to be fair I've only played GTAs on the iphone and IV (on an xbox). So where I played it might have had a hand in that. But I always seem to find that i liked messing around in the free world but hated doing missions.

GTA V was so fun to free roam in and I even enjoyed the missions that that changed. For me I think a big thing was actually having checkpoints within the missions so I didn't have to restart the whole mission over again if I messed up. That really made it the missions more playable. On top of that the story was more interesting to me and having three characters meant more chance there'd be a character I found fun to play (always found GTA characters kinda dry). For me that would be Trevor whose personality is great for a GTA game. YOu can be as insane as you want and it totally fits with him so it's more immersive.

Plus, I like the fact that they hint underneath he seems more the good guy than the other two, even if he is insane. Or rather, I would say that despite the fact he can be a psycho that underneath he seems to care more about others than the other two characters. Even if it is in his own crazy/psychotic way.

In my experience, GTA V is quite fun and addictive and I was in the same boat as you. If nothing else the world is so detailed and pretty it's just fun exploring it. It is definitely not as dry and bland as previous GTA worlds.

Fjordson

I'm not sure.

I cared more about just going hog-wild and killing people with full anarchy before I got busted.

(GTA 3 btw)

I tried to play GTA VC PSP like it was a real game and the first time I died I got frustrated and said fuck it. I never did try GTA IV for that reason.
GTA V easily has the best world map of the series with lots to discover and a huge variety of locations, vehicles and weapons. So doing what you described is pretty damn fun.

I guess I could see paying $60 just for free roam, but there is a lot of content there with the missions and side content. Could rent it and just try it out first.

Why Buy:

It's epic.
Uh. Point 1.

Why Rent:

I beat single player in 20-30 hrs. Didn't do everything though. It has a terrible cast of main characters. I didn't find any of them likeable. The story was bad as well. If you can ignore that then the missions that are there are fun to go through at least once. Although the heists definitely could have been set up better and there definitely should have been alot more of them. I only remember 4 or 5 of them. Only reason I would double dip on this is to run around the city again and if they had DLC like Ballad of Gay Tony. I don't think I could play through single player again.

Tigress

That might be a good point. I would get frustrated when I fucked up on PSP version. The only semi-modern version of GTA that I have given a fair shot too. I mean it's the whole "it's me, not them" thing. I just have little patience these days to spend 15-20 mins on a mission, mess up one thing and have to re-do it. I'm not saying there's something wrong with that. Just doesn't fit my busy life.

And I'll point out that it sounds like you are like me and just like free world roaming. The impression I got (and I had some one tell me San Andreas, one I haven't played, also had variety) was that most GTAs just feel the same all over the city. No matter where you go it just feels like random city street.

GTA V has so much variety and even within the city areas change and feel different. It doesn't just feel like more of the same no matter where you go. And I think for me that has a lot to do why I find it so much more immersive than other GTAs I've played (as I said, I had some one say San Andreas also had different type areas but I haven't played that one).

I mean, driving the highway around the island feels like you are going on a road trip (this is actually what pushed me into buying it day 2 when I saw some one driving the length of the island to show how big it was. It really felt like a road trip and I loved how immersive the world felt and how life like. And it is very pretty. And before that I was thinking, "yeah, it's GTA. I'll probably get bored of it pretty quick so maybe later I'll get it").

Anyways, I'd strongly recommend it if you can't tell. My GOTY was The Last of Us but it was a hard choice. TLOU got it just cause overall I just thought it was a better game (better story, better characters, gameplay was great for its type game) but I will say I played GTA much longer (but that's cause TLOU is a more linear game and GTA V is more open world and you are going to find more stuff to do in an open world game ;) ).

friz898

And I'll point out that it sounds like you are like me and just like free world roaming. The impression I got (and I had some one tell me San Andreas, one I haven't played, also had variety) was that most GTAs just feel the same all over the city. No matter where you go it just feels like random city street.

GTA V has so much variety and even within the city areas change and feel different. It doesn't just feel like more of the same no matter where you go. And I think for me that has a lot to do why I find it so much more immersive than other GTAs I've played (as I said, I had some one say San Andreas also had different type areas but I haven't played that one).

I mean, driving the highway around the island feels like you are going on a road trip (this is actually what pushed me into buying it day 2 when I saw some one driving the length of the island to show how big it was. It really felt like a road trip and I loved how immersive the world felt and how life like. And it is very pretty. And before that I was thinking, "yeah, it's GTA. I'll probably get bored of it pretty quick so maybe later I'll get it").

Anyways, I'd strongly recommend it if you can't tell. My GOTY was The Last of Us but it was a hard choice. TLOU got it just cause overall I just thought it was a better game (better story, better characters, gameplay was great for its type game) but I will say I played GTA much longer (but that's cause TLOU is a more linear game and GTA V is more open world and you are going to find more stuff to do in an open world game ;) ).

Duly noted. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RUMOR: GTA V release pulled forward on PS4 & bonuses leaked by Sony

This probably isn't true but yeah.

gta-v-release-ps4-vor78elb.jpg

Newline

Why wouldn't this be full price?

Imo this could be a direct port from last gen to next gen and still warrant full price.

Sande

I don't think you understand the difference between TLOU and GTA5 in terms of requirements. Its ridiculous to compare the two as games.

Even with that being said, you didn't actually disagree with what i said at all. They kept the game at 30 to make it look better. If it had been 60, it would have looked like GTA5 PS3.
What I'm saying is that you can take any PS360 game, double the framerate from 30 to 60 and still do plenty of visual enhancements. So no, I do not agree with you at all.

TLoU might not be the best comparison, but I was just giving an example of a similar situation where they achieved significant visual improvements on top of a framerate bump. In some ways it was a far more challenging port than GTA V because it was so specifically programmed for PS3's quirks.

Top Bottom