• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

whiteape

So on October 2, it was possible for a short time to pre-order the digital title for the PS4. Meanwhile, it is no longer possible to order the title via PSN, because the product page is contrary disappeared.

SjYTVM2.jpg

It's not available in the german store anymore, and the quoted site is german ;)

Sande

You have honestly no idea what you are talking about.
Lol ok. Care to educate me? When I see systems with far more processing power and many games currently out showing both far better graphics and framerate than similar cases on last gen hardware, including ports like TLoU and Tomb Raider, I find it hard to believe that it couldn't be done. I don't necessarily mean doubling resolution, having greatly improved AA solution and higher res textures and everything else. Just that the visuals would be better.

It´s really not that easy.
I'm not saying that it is. I just think that it's possible.

GlamFM

Banned
Lol ok. Care to educate me? When I see systems with far more processing power and many games currently out showing both far better graphics and framerate than similar cases on last gen hardware, including ports like TLoU and Tomb Raider, I find it hard to believe that it couldn't be done. I don't necessarily mean doubling resolution, having greatly improved AA solution and higher res textures and everything else. Just that the visuals would be better.

I'm not saying that it is. I just think that it's possible.

The expectation that the new hardware can push twice as many pixels at twice the frame rate while still having visual upgrades is an unrealistic one.

Especially in an open world game of GTAs scope.

I havent decided if I'm going to gamefly this or buy this.

Why Buy:

Lots of hours of gameplay. (Right? Over 30?)
It's epic.
Uh. Point 1.

Why Rent:

Am I going to like it when I've never played any GTA longer than 3 hours? To incluce GTA 3, 4, and PSP Vice City?

Is it going to get old after 10 hours or something and be a 60 buck waste if I don't play online?

Can somewone give me their opinions? Thank you

Starting to feel the same way. I don't know if I can justify another purchase because I never completed the story on the original release. Only thing I did was play online with friends and even that didn't last more than maybe an hour and a half.

Sande

The expectation that the new hardware can push twice as many pixels at twice the frame rate while still having visual upgrades is an unrealistic one.

Especially in an open world game of GTAs scope.
I just said I'm not expecting all that. 60 fps and visual improvements (which 1080p may or may not be a part of), that's all. The original claim that I disagreed with was that GTA V couldn't look better than on PS360 if they went 60fps.

baconcow

I just said I'm not expecting all that. 60 fps and visual improvements (which 1080p may or may not be a part of), that's all. The original claim that I disagreed with was that GTA V couldn't look better than on PS360 if they went 60fps.

There is no doubt that the PS4 can push a better-looking GTA V at 60 fps than the Xbox 360 and PS3. The question that is most relevant is whether the game should be a solid 30 fps and major visual improvements or a solid 60 fps and minor visual improvements. After seeing how some games run at, when a solid 30 fps (i.e. Destiny), I am convinced it would work well like this. My biggest disappointment with GTA V (the gameplay and game itself was excellent) was the lack of AA (or the fact it had so many jaggies) and the slowdowns to 15-20 fps. This caused issues with my enjoyment of the game, especially during driving scenes. I think a solid 30 fps and significant visual improvements would benefit this game most.

LosDaddie

Banned
Starting to feel the same way. I don't know if I can justify another purchase because I never completed the story on the original release. Only thing I did was play online with friends and even that didn't last more than maybe an hour and a half.

Same here. I think I put in about 5hrs total in GTAO. I just.....didn't play the game. I got about 10hrs into the campaign and didn't finish it. I had a lot of fun with the game, and I love GTA games. Personal life got in the way.

I guess I'm going to just see if there's a Black Friday sale for this (and a couple other) games.

there it is

Got my pre order locked down. My most played game spanning this gen and last gen, and I can't wait.

Meh, I've already played the campaign 2 times now. Not interested in buying & playing it again...

I was going to continue my current second play through but have decided to wait for the PS4 version. I absolutely cannot wait to see all the changes they made.

Edit : to the three of you above me feel free to add me on PS4 - coolbluehalo

What I'm saying is that you can take any PS360 game, double the framerate from 30 to 60 and still do plenty of visual enhancements. So no, I do not agree with you at all.
Doubling the framerate of GTAV would give us 40-45fps. Decent I guess, but I could live without the judder.

StuBurns

Banned
You can't really look at TLoU as a comparison, GTA is a hugely complex systemic simulation that must be extremely CPU intensive, and the new consoles haven't seen a particular impression CPU performance boost. Doubling the polling rate of the simulation would require far more CPU performance. Just drawing the frame much prettier is much easier given the GPU bump.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really hope GTA Online works well from day one.

I don't see PSN and whatever Rockstar servers are using holding up. I'm amazed Destiny held up as well as it did, but then DriveClub shit the bed. I don't think it'll be as bad as the PS3/360 launch though.

Is GTA Online any good? I played it for five minutes at a party, but that was it.
It's definitely gotten better.
The custom races and deathmatches has given some much needed life to the game. So many good maps now.
The missions are still pretty fun as well.
The free roam game is only really great with friends.

Hip Hop

It's definitely gotten better.
The custom races and deathmatches has given some much needed life to the game. So many good maps now.
The missions are still pretty fun as well.
The free roam game is only really great with friends.

Do people actually play the online modes?
I know in GTA IV all modes were pretty much dead, with free roaming taking the whole population.

I hope they go back to the 80's, i think rockstar's satire of modern day culture is getting pretty tiring, they could make a more thematically interesting game if they set it in a different era again. My money would be on gta6 taking place in modern day vice city though.

SliChillax

I hope they go back to the 80's, i think rockstar's satire of modern day culture is getting pretty tiring, they could make a more thematically interesting game if they set it in a different era again. My money would be on gta6 being taking place in modern day vice city though.

I would love to visit San Fierro in the 70's. I loved the first part of Driver Parallel Lines which took place in New York in the 70's.

GavinUK86

I doubt it. We'll probably get another trailer for the PC after it's out for consoles, or we'll just get a few PC screenshots and information about the visual enhancements.

There'll be another trailer in a couple weeks probably. If not, there'll be a launch trailer a week before release.

Jaxx

Banned
Do people actually play the online modes?
I know in GTA IV all modes were pretty much dead, with free roaming taking the whole population.

Yes, and if you ever have a hard time finding a group, you can just pop onto one of the many Twitch streams and ask for an invite.

Top Bottom