• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Even shittier is that Rockstar is taking a page out of Ubisoft's book and releasing the PC version later. I bet they're trying to maximize console sales and hope people double (or triple) dip for the PC version.

Though unlike Ubisoft, the PC version is going to have additional features not found in the console versions.

Move support yeah! Hopefully guns use the Sony Move and gun handle accessory...that would reduce my age handicap. If true it should also make the game more attractive to casual gamers.....

You think GTA needs help attracting casual gamers? It's the 3rd biggest selling franchise of all time, and GTAV is the 6th best selling game of all time, and it came out just over a year ago.

Yeah they still do.
I've never had trouble getting a full room going.

Full rooms outside of free roam or a couple of races or grind missions are a rarity. I stopped playing in the Spring, but it was almost impossible to get anybody to play any mode outside of free roam... You could leave your party open for an hour and not get a single person to connect. There was basically no matchmaking in the game, it really ruined online unless all you wanted to do was free roam.

I always wanted to play something like capture the bag, cops/crooks, etc., but you could just never get players and once you did get players, they'd end up voting in a high money race like "The Commute" over and over.

Because the setting plus the music makes it awesome.

So far Vice City has the best soundtrack of all GTA games.

I'd love it, but it'll be tough to do another retro soundtrack for a GTA game. Nobody will give their permissions to the game without a huge payout. GTA:VC and SA Were released at the perfect time when everybody under estimated the amount of money that videogames could make. Ray Liotta famously was really snarky about his appearance in Vice City, and later said that if he knew how big the games were he would have demanded more money. I think it's part of why R* has such a tough time putting together recognizable songs and hiring known actors for voice talent, they see GTAV selling 35m copies in a few months and demand a huge payout.

DOWN

Banned
I will buy the remaster a year from now, maybe. I learned my lesson on TLoU remastered. Once you've played a game, you've played it. These remaster cash grabs are not worth the price of entry IMO.

every time I upgrade my PC's GPU(s) all if my games get remastered... Without having to repurchase them.

TLOUR is my favorite PS4 purchase yet. And the second time I've bought and played that game at launch.

You think GTA needs help attracting casual gamers? It's the 3rd biggest selling franchise of all time, and GTAV is the 6th best selling game of all time, and it came out just over a year ago.

Full rooms outside of free roam or a couple of races or grind missions are a rarity. I stopped playing in the Spring, but it was almost impossible to get anybody to play any mode outside of free roam... You could leave your party open for an hour and not get a single person to connect. There was basically no matchmaking in the game, it really ruined online unless all you wanted to do was free roam.

I always wanted to play something like capture the bag, cops/crooks, etc., but you could just never get players and once you did get players, they'd end up voting in a high money race like "The Commute" over and over.

They did add a matchmaking like feature with the "On Call" setting. Pretty much you can log into a freeroam room and queue up for any gametype while still playing. When a match is found it will then move your over.

They did add a matchmaking like feature with the "On Call" setting. Pretty much you can log into a freeroam room and queue up for any gametype while still playing. When a match is found it will then move your over.

Interesting... Does it actually work to get you into full-ish rooms of modes other than grinding modes (eg "Bomb da base", "Rooftop Rumble", and "the Commute") over and over again?

When I stopped playing in the spring, it was basically impossible to play with other people in anything other than grinding missions.

Sande

Can you build me a flying car please? It should be pretty easy for you.
Can people stop quoting (and quite evidently misunderstanding) that please? I still stand by it, but it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. The argument was about GTAV at 60fps. Someone said that GTAV couldn't look any better at 60fps than it does on PS3 and 360, which I don't think is the case.

The map editors helped a bit... Sort of. In some ways it could hurt because now there are more maps but especially when player maps because highlighted or popular, it seems to make inject a bit of life into it. New-gen version will help a lot too because loading times will be faster, and I think maybe the biggest problem of all for mode rooms is just how troublesome it is to wait, load, try fill up, load, etc over and over. If new-gen loading times can be lightning fast, this will help a tonne.

Cragvis

We are nearing 1 month away from release, when do games usually announce they have gone gold?

Id think we would be getting some new info or a trailer very soon right?

Vidpixel

We are nearing 1 month away from release, when do games usually announce they have gone gold?

I expect, at the very most, one launch trailer about a week before it'll be released. Again, it's just a remaster of a game the majority of us already played, so I don't expect there to be much more media on this game before release besides some previews before release or something.

I gave R* a bunch of shit for the 16 player limit in lobbies but after playing so much online, I think 30 may just be a mess. It's already very easy to get into modes and games and since you are so rarely doing these things with the other people in the lobby, the extra players are just going to be possibly too much chaos.

When you get into game with high ranked players are and just getting battered by tanks and copters all the time, it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Also, way more opportunities to get label a bad sport because you aren't allowed to actually take out owned cars : (
Still the worse part of the online.

sunnz

Anyone play arma 3 life or any of the life/RP mods on on the PC?

THAT IS WHAT I expected from GTA online, open world game were anything is possible, from having to get a weapon/driving licence, able to process drugs and sell them, proper interaction with other players, become a cop if you want to, rob banks ( yea yea heists, but they aint here yet) and proper legit jobs to make money in game, both legal and illegal.

R* put way too much focus on missions and not enough on making the online free roam a proper mode in its self.
I kinda wish super cars, even the lower ones, were a lot more expensive, the best parts of gta online was when everyone was starting out and had low tier cars, especially when the military crap was not in ( when no one made enough to buy them anyway)

Also while I do use it, I wish bullet proof tyres were not in, makes it less fun :p

Really I just want online free roam to be a lot more fleshed out with proper modes within it ( by modes I mean little jobs, like drug trafficking, proper hitman missions, delivery missions, being able to be what you want and so on)

Hoping this is the future of GTA online and that is what it will become.

Kssio_Aug

I gave R* a bunch of shit for the 16 player limit in lobbies but after playing so much online, I think 30 may just be a mess. It's already very easy to get into modes and games and since you are so rarely doing these things with the other people in the lobby, the extra players are just going to be possibly too much chaos.

When you get into game with high ranked players are and just getting battered by tanks and copters all the time, it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Also, way more opportunities to get label a bad sport because you aren't allowed to actually take out owned cars : (
Still the worse part of the online.

What will define for me if Im gonna buy this again for XB1/PS4 is exactly the online features. I wanna know if theyre looking for solution for the many problems GTA Online had. Bad sports, loading times and glitches are the main problems for me.

Was actually considering getting a PS4 for the remaster but honestly after playing several multiplats that still perform admirably on my aging PC I think I'll hold off and see how that version performs. Will probably look and run better on PS4 what with optimization but still wanna see how PC scales first.

impact

Banned
Was actually considering getting a PS4 for the remaster but honestly after playing several multiplats that still perform admirably on my aging PC I think I'll hold off and see how that version performs. Will probably look and run better on PS4 what with optimization but still wanna see how PC scales first.

I wouldn't hold your breath. GTA4 is still a bad port regardless of what some people want to say. Max Payne 3 was a good port yes, but also a super linear TPS. I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach with the PC port since I get anywhere from 40-90fps on the ugly no-AA GTA4 port.

kabel

If GTA V Remastered will be 50GB big I hope R* makes us download compressed files.

I would need 30 hours to download 50GB.

kabel

Wow, what a awesome feature. I'm glad I have to wait even longer for a video editor. /s
Is that really it? That's nothing really.

Are you serious? Just because you can't utilize it this feature is nothing?

For me this is even better than some high-res textures or stuff like that.
Can't wait to cut some awesome GTAV videos.

Sye d'Burns

I'd like to see them do a VC in the 70s, but I don't think it would be thematically that different.

I'd like to see a summer of love era San Fierro.

Great music in many different genres, drugs, Hippies, Black Panthers and other assorted liberation movements, (including slightly later stuff like Patty Hearst,) along with Ronald Reagan as the cherry on top.

So much potential.

sunnz

Wow, what a awesome feature. I'm glad I have to wait even longer for a video editor. /s

Well the usual stuff like more time to optimise, will obviously get better settings in general on the PC ( if your hardware is capable) and such.

The mods will make it worth it though..

Kssio_Aug

I believe this video editor may give choice to record at different angles and apply some filters. But thats really not a big deal since XB1 and PS4 can record any game aswell. Not saying its not a decent feature though, just not enough to justify the delay.

Seanspeed

Banned

Its a pretty sweet feature, I agree. Gonna be some great stuff to come from it.

kabel

I believe this video editor may give choice to record at different angles and apply some filters. But thats really not a big deal since XB1 and PS4 can record any game aswell. Not saying its not a decent feature though, just not enough to justify the delay.

Yes it doesn't justify the delay but I don't think that you understand the difference between PS4/XBO screencapturing and a integrated video editor.

I will not be possible to make videos like that on consoles. Or This

Mistah

the game has already been send to sony for QA. basically the game is finished. Else sony wouldn't had leaked that the game is almost 50gb big

Nethaniah

Your fanboy is showing.

You can probably safely add custom radio, a feature that has been in every 3D Gta and if missing would be a big bummer for a lot of people so i doubt it's excluded from this PC release.

still not buying it R*, fuck your delay

Cragvis

Anyone play arma 3 life or any of the life/RP mods on on the PC?

THAT IS WHAT I expected from GTA online, open world game were anything is possible, from having to get a weapon/driving licence, able to process drugs and sell them, proper interaction with other players, become a cop if you want to, rob banks ( yea yea heists, but they aint here yet) and proper legit jobs to make money in game, both legal and illegal.

R* put way too much focus on missions and not enough on making the online free roam a proper mode in its self.
I kinda wish super cars, even the lower ones, were a lot more expensive, the best parts of gta online was when everyone was starting out and had low tier cars, especially when the military crap was not in ( when no one made enough to buy them anyway)

Also while I do use it, I wish bullet proof tyres were not in, makes it less fun :p

Really I just want online free roam to be a lot more fleshed out with proper modes within it ( by modes I mean little jobs, like drug trafficking, proper hitman missions, delivery missions, being able to be what you want and so on)

Hoping this is the future of GTA online and that is what it will become.

here here good chap

I would kill for gta online to be like the arma 3 life mods. A real living world with a real user economy and everything. Like hunting being a viable option to have as a job, selling drugs, being a police officer and chasing down people speeding and whatnot.

That way everyone can be any role they want. Not just a thug.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think with the success of stuff like Drive, a return to the 80s is highly likely. But I felt that way before V came out. For all we know, the next one could be set in the 70s. Or GTA could be a 'modern time' only thing from now on and new titles like LA Noire and Red Dead will be the norm whenever they decide to visit a different decade.

I'd like to see a new city next, that much is for sure.

SJRB

Gold Member
I think with the success of stuff like Drive, a return to the 80s is highly likely. But I felt that way before V came out. For all we know, the next one could be set in the 70s. Or GTA could be a 'modern time' only thing from now on and new titles like LA Noire and Red Dead will be the norm whenever they decide to visit a different decade.

I'd like to see a new city next, that much is for sure.

Modern day Vice City would be pretty damn awesome.

Bad Boys 2 and stuff.

Jaxx

Banned
I wonder if we should take the Sony promo about extra online cash for pre-ordering prior to November third as significant. Seems arbitrary otherwise.

I went to Tampa a few times but never really explored it, they had quite a few seedy strip clubs too to go along with it

I'd love it, but it'll be tough to do another retro soundtrack for a GTA game. Nobody will give their permissions to the game without a huge payout. GTA:VC and SA Were released at the perfect time when everybody under estimated the amount of money that videogames could make. Ray Liotta famously was really snarky about his appearance in Vice City, and later said that if he knew how big the games were he would have demanded more money. I think it's part of why R* has such a tough time putting together recognizable songs and hiring known actors for voice talent, they see GTAV selling 35m copies in a few months and demand a huge payout.

Certainly a big part of it yes for actors and music licensing, hell even the unknowns or lesser known people they've had involved have done the same thing complaining how much they were paid after they found out how much the games made and along the money thing there's scheduling issues when it comes to using well known actors and the amount of work and time involved with multiple dates for it all to be done.

People claim that there was an edited post on the official Rockstar site that initially listed a first person mode (driving and on foot).
1) Wouldn't using a move controller as a gun also require first person in game to sight down the barrel? Does one require the other and confirm what's coming?

2) The camera and Move can use the Xtensa DPU removing that overhead from the game.
3) Is AA being done with the GPU or the Xtensa DPU?

GTA will never be in Tampa. It is a generic, boring Florida city with no history, no culture, and nothing that makes it unique other than the Tampa Bay bridge. It'd be like ... GTA: Topeka or GTA: Milwaukee (No offense to any Milwaukeeans)

There's only a handful of new cities (in the US) that I think would be worth it to explore for Rockstar: New Orleans, Washington DC, perhaps Chicago. The problem with Chicago is that from a game perspective, it's too much like New York City, and you can say that about almost every city in either the North or the East of the US. I even think that DC is a stretch. Aside from Miami, for Southern, American cities, they are limited with choice. Honestly, I think that GTA could exist on one enormous game world of San Andreas, Liberty City, and Vice City, and pretty much leave it at that... Maybe pepper in Las Venturas and San Fierro, and maybe one or two small locales.

The map editors helped a bit... Sort of. In some ways it could hurt because now there are more maps but especially when player maps because highlighted or popular, it seems to make inject a bit of life into it. New-gen version will help a lot too because loading times will be faster, and I think maybe the biggest problem of all for mode rooms is just how troublesome it is to wait, load, try fill up, load, etc over and over. If new-gen loading times can be lightning fast, this will help a tonne.

While the incredibly slow loading time didn't help, I think the real reason no games filled up is because for months after release, the only way to play a game was to invite people from your lobby (free roam) into the game, which was horrible, and then if people were invited and nobody joined it prevented other "Quick Game" people from joining your game because those spots would be reserved for the lobby invites.

One of the worst online systems ever released for a major game.

The grind fest that Rockstar encouraged also wasn't good. Things like having to pay auto-insurance if someone destroys your car, getting fined 5% of your total cash every time you died, not being able to select missions to play them but instead waiting around until a random NPC assigns you a mission, having almost all missions be locked until you reached a certain level, and so on, were horrible, poorly thought out decisions... But the lack of a proper matchmaking, eg, I get my mates into a room, you get your mates into a room, and then the game matches us up into a play mode, is what made the online so horrible.

Top Bottom