• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Have you....never waited on a Rockstar release before?
They almost never release unedited gameplay footage beforehand.

I trust R* since they have really never let me down, so I don't worry when they don't show real gameplay. If it wasn't for TLOU, GTA V would have been my GOTY last year. But I can only think of one game where they showed actual gameplay and that was RDR, with those documentary type videos they did that were great.

Anyway I would love if they did comparison videos of the last gen and current gen versions.

Rembrandt

Banned
I trust R* since they have really never let me down, so I don't worry when they don't show real gameplay. If it wasn't for TLOU, GTA V would have been my GOTY last year. But I can only think of one game where they showed actual gameplay and that was RDR, with those documentary type videos they did that were great.

Anyway I would love if they did comparison videos of the last gen and current gen versions.

They did the same thing with Max Payne 3. GTA just doesn't need advertising anymore.

LifeLike

Have you....never waited on a Rockstar release before?
They almost never release unedited gameplay footage beforehand.

As a matter of fact, yes I have never waited for a Rockstar release before.
This will be my first modern 3d GTA. Because yes I was playing GTA 1 &2 15 years ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm glad Rockstar only releases so much media and barely shows the game off at events. They're one of the few developers that don't flood sites with media which makes people who can't help themselves see more content before the game is out. Makes for more surprises. And when they do produce content, it's always incredibly well done and conveys what it needs to convey without showing too much.

lewisgone

There will be hundreds of people clamoring to join pre-launch, then shortly after, the numbers will dwindle until there's only one to three people online even during peak hours, and maybe one will want to do the same activity as you

I wonder if the next generation announcement had something to do with it? I wasn't on GAF that time last year, but I certainly lost interest in PS3 GTA once the next gen versions were announced. At the very least, I wanted to wait until I had a version without dreadful loading times. I do plan on joining a GAF crew this time around...if they'll have me. Hopefully with Heist DLC not too far away and the "superior version" released with nothing else to hold out for, more people will stick around for the long term. I know I'm planning to.

Very interested to find out more about the improvements to the damage system.

Have there been any hints at all about what that means? My biggest problem with the combat in GTA5 vs AI is that the enemies are pixel accurate at range, and can just wipe you out in a fucking heartbeat - which means you hug cover, probably more than any other game I've played, and even then you'll still get significant chunks taken out of you.

Its the main reason I gave up on GTA Online. It wasn't fun to play so damn defensive, especially in such contrast to the promo videos showing people firing when on the move - that is pure suicide against the AI.

Do you need to have your PS3 copy of GTAV to transfer online progress to the PS4 version or is it tethered to your PSN/Xbox ID? Has this info been released yet?

Do you need to have your PS3 copy of GTAV to transfer online progress to the PS4 version or is it tethered to your PSN/Xbox ID? Has this info been released yet?

They haven't said yet. I thought they were suppose to be giving out more info on how that works. I would assume you would just need a save file but, who knows.

Its all synced through Rockstars Social Club. Once you log in with your account on a new platform all your stuff linked with that account should carry over instantly.

At least that is how I think it works.

zkorejo

Its all synced through Rockstars Social Club. Once you log in with your account on a new platform all your stuff linked with that account should carry over instantly.

At least that is how I think it works.

That's exactly how it works. Rockstar Social Club. When most people were whining about losing characters, I had a feeling they did this social club saves for this very reason.

Have there been any hints at all about what that means? My biggest problem with the combat in GTA5 vs AI is that the enemies are pixel accurate at range, and can just wipe you out in a fucking heartbeat - which means you hug cover, probably more than any other game I've played, and even then you'll still get significant chunks taken out of you.

Its the main reason I gave up on GTA Online. It wasn't fun to play so damn defensive, especially in such contrast to the promo videos showing people firing when on the move - that is pure suicide against the AI.
Well they describe it has "damage effects" so I think it's less about changing combat damage/health, and more just improving the visual side of explosions, car and environment damage, etc... Another reason to think this is the last round of screenshots featured 2 that highlighted explosions, or what seem to be the new explosion effects. So I think just new damage effects, improved car and environment damage, and other visual elements are being suggested right now. Never say never, but I don't think there's any hints at a combat revamp.

SRTtoZ

I can't fucking wait for this. I didn't get to properly enjoy GTA5 because of how bad the IQ was on PS3. This is going to be the proper experience and I'm just as excited as the first time it launched.

DeweyChat

Banned
yes, dont worry
Maybe unlocked FPS means it will be over 30, like infamous SS
But i think there's a little chance to achieve 60 fps..

In my opinion no chance of 60fps and 30 will probably not be steady.

GTA5 was really ambitious for last gen and many effects were already next gen. In many aspects the ps360 of the game is superior to Watch Dogs on ps4..
The game is not just switched to 1080p there is a lot of improvments, 30fps will already be hard to achieve (and on Xbox One the 1080p...)

Warablo

Waiting for it appear on the Xbox store and some more news..

Someone should start next-gen GAF clans for the PS4 and the Xbox One. I tried joining last gen but it seems dead.

MonkeyBloke

Neo Member
I don't get why people are doubting it will be solid 30 fps? It's not it's 60fps where you guys should have doubts.
I suspect that the nature of the game means you'll never get a rock solid 30fps. If they have enough overhead to keep 30fps when 20 cars are exploding from 30 players firing RPGs at the same time, then 95% of the time the game is not using anywhere near it's full potential.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

I'm in full agreement with you. I hope Rockstar rebalance the combat, but if not ... well, that's just one more reason to wait for the PC version and the inevitable mods.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i think we're real close to getting some new information.

rockstar officially announced that GTA V had gone gold 24 days before release. if the same is true this time around then we can expect something around the 25th october! it's a saturday so we might get something this week or early next week.

after that we'll start getting a lot more info. this game really isn't far away now! i've bought my digital pre order. i wonder if i can pre load it here in the uk. it would be nice to play straight away.

Erban1

I wish Rockstar would include an option to toggle aiming for people playing using free aim. I'd love to not have to half hold the left trigger to run and gun, and it would be great to toggle into a more that feels a little more max payne-ish. Gunplay is fluid enough for it, but it's currently a pain in the ass to play free aim only.

I wish Rockstar would include an option to toggle aiming for people playing using free aim. I'd love to not have to half hold the left trigger to run and gun, and it would be great to toggle into a more that feels a little more max payne-ish. Gunplay is fluid enough for it, but it's currently a pain in the ass to play free aim only.

I don't even understand what you are talking about.

Top Bottom