• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Erban1

I don't even understand what you are talking about.

If you play with free aim turned on you can half press the left trigger to run and gun, you become more mobile and your gun stays raised. I wish that was toggleable instead of being forced to half hold the trigger all the time.

ironcreed

Banned

1265.gif

Very interested to find out more about the improvements to the damage system.

Have there been any hints at all about what that means? My biggest problem with the combat in GTA5 vs AI is that the enemies are pixel accurate at range, and can just wipe you out in a fucking heartbeat - which means you hug cover, probably more than any other game I've played, and even then you'll still get significant chunks taken out of you.

Its the main reason I gave up on GTA Online. It wasn't fun to play so damn defensive, especially in such contrast to the promo videos showing people firing when on the move - that is pure suicide against the AI.

Yep, spot on, but more so in GTA Online than GTA V offline. There was some running and gunning in GTA V storymode, but GTA Online enemies were -- like you said -- pixel accurate from every distance, and only a few bullets would down you. A player with a sniper rifle vs. an AI guy with a sub-machine gun at a distance was advantage for the AI guy. That job "Rooftop Assault" or whatever it was called, the one they showed in the videos, where you're supposed to parachute into the base and take out all of these bad guys, take a photograph of a dead body, and escape was flat out impossible if you parachuted in. You'd be killed as soon as you're within any range of dropping in. And, on top of that, you need to have a freaking chopper AND phone it in which isn't always available ... It was ridiculous.

In terms of damage improvements, I'm also hoping that means being RDR and GTAIV's damage model on AI back. In GTAV, if you shoot a pedestrian in the leg, they usually fall over and die. In Red Dead, you could "toy" with a bad guy or pedestrian... Shoot them in the leg and they start hobbling, crawling away, and then eventually stand up and start to run with a limp. Shoot them in the other leg and they go down again and are now hobbling on two legs... Shoot their arm and they couldn't use it. GTAIV was similar. In GTAV, if you shoot an AI guy in the leg he usually falls over, curls up, and dies within a short amount of time. It was a drag.

Hoping Rockstar uses the model from RDR of Euphoria for next gen GTAV.

If you play with free aim turned on you can half press the left trigger to run and gun, you become more mobile and your gun stays raised. I wish that was toggleable instead of being forced to half hold the trigger all the time.
I don't mind that but I wish they'd drop the out-of-combat delay if you release the trigger... it keeps your gun raised right now but I find that annoying because I like to play on low sensitivity, and I use out-of-combat turnaround a lot to make up for my lost aiming mobility. I suspect the delay may have been left in exactly because you half to half-press the trigger so it's probably meant to give you some reprieve by I end up disliking the delay.

AmyS

New trailer ?

Hahahaha.

Rockstar will put out a new trailer WHEN and IF they feel like, and without any warning.

Don't they often have count downs to their trailers?
Not the last two, they were rather surprising... sort of expected because, respectively, it was E3 for the 1st and for the 2nd the day before all those GameStop conference/demo rumours came out.. so there was a lot of buzz and some leaks suggesting new info and such, but no countdown.

Scarphace

Just paid this off today. I never got to enjoy the online portion on my 360 because I traded it in before the online part launched so I'm excited to play that. Overall one of my fav games ever based on the first play through, can't wait for the second one.

Turkoop

Banned
Maybe there will be only a launch Trailer and that's it
I like the way how R* figures. They show as little as possible, so we can not expect how the game will looking

wouldn't it be pretty awesome if GTA V on next gen consoles had face mapping for your GTA Online characters? The PS Cam and Kinect are pretty solid cams and if done right you can see a accurate display of yourself and others as characters in GTA Online. The whole dna character creation thing they did last gen was kinda weird and I never actually was able to get my guy to look the way I wanted him to.

Horns

Looks like that ten page playstation mag feature promising all new information was bullshit, nothing new in it sadly.

That sucks, but not too surprising. Curious where did you see that?

I expect the blowout to be very soon considering they're making a big push for pre-ordering by November 3rd.

Edit: Never mind, I see the link.

Top Bottom