• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - Coming for PS4, Xbox One and PC this Fall - Trailer

Wrong thread?

I don't know what any of that means, so maybe not :D
GTAV will support the Move controller.

A Move controller requires the use of OpenVX APIs. Anti-aliasing can also be off loaded from the GPU using OpenVX calls to dedicated accelerators; in the PS4 and XB1 they are Xtensa DPUs. AA can take 10% of the GPU time.

Everyone has been wondering why GTAV for XB1, PS4 and PCs waited till this late......

Edit: PS4's next software update, Masamune, will be available on 10/28

OpenVX 1.0 was released by Khronos on 10/20. 10/20 was a Monday and Firmware 2.0 comes one day and a week on Tueday 10/28, the second Tuesday after the Khronos release of OpenVX 1.0 (Tueday is a typical update day). Playstation store updated on 10/21 and they may have scheduled the Firmware 2.0 update on the first free Firmware update day.

More on the OpenVX hardware here.

wow that 10-page preview in PS Magazine was so misleading.. like the other thread said, it really was based on the last official trailer and screenshots R* release almost a month ago

Rockstar seems to be really holding news on it close to the chest

BFIB

wow that 10-page preview in PS Magazine was so misleading.. like the other thread said, it really was based on the last official trailer and screenshots R* release almost a month ago

Yep, which makes me think either Rockstar is keeping this tight lipped because they are going to blow the roof off w/ this release, or its not a big substantial upgrade, and they know they'll get sales.

I'm going w/ the former.

dreamfall

So I'm thinking we'll see new footage when the game launches.

I love that they've been so quiet, but goodness! We're close. It's R* marketing at it's finest.

Vidpixel

That's disappointing to hear :(

I was excited for some new media for this game.

Fjordson

Lame shit.

R* is staying real quiet. Maybe they have all new single-player episodes packaged with the new versions and just want to surprise everyone =D

probably not

Kilau

I read "Glimmering 1080p presentation..."

Did that 10 page article confirm 1080p for PS4 or is that still just speculation?

bud23

It's a bit weird honestly.

GTA V for PS3/360 officially went gold on August 25 2013, 23 days before its release date on September 17, now we are 25 days away from the official release date...Rockstar, lads.

Mistah

GTA V for PS3/360 officially went gold on August 25 2013, 23 days before its release date on September 17, now we are 25 days away from the official release date...Rockstar, lads.

it went gold before august 25 as sony made the error of allowing people to download the game the 18th august..

So I'm thinking we'll see new footage when the game launches.

I love that they've been so quiet, but goodness! We're close. It's R* marketing at it's finest.

We'll get footage before. there was a lot of footage leaking in the weeks before GTAV's initial release, this year will probably be no different.

Warablo

So sad and disappointing with no new news. Makes me iffy on pre-ordering. Maybe we should wait to see how the changes are and character transfers and stuff go.

GavinUK86

Rockstar being Rockstar.

They don't need no trailers to sell games!

Raptor

You don't lose ewapons right?

Like you have the weapon wheel but you have with you all of them the whole time? like in RDR?

Say I want to play the game sometimes only with a shotgun I can?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Rockstar being Rockstar.

They don't need no trailers to sell games!

I think people are going to be surprised by the sales of Remastered version. Definitely for people who think exactly what you are saying. That doesn't mean that sales will tank, but won't be GTA level sale by any means. This game isn't out performing on Amazon charts. I have never seen it in top 10 and barely seen it few times in top 20.

And I don't know why people keep saying Rockstar need no advertisement. When GTA V came out, that's all I could see everywhere, posters, trailers big ass billboards. And I live in Toronto.

So this might be nothing, but I noticed on the "coming soon" section of PSN every full game coming soon has the date you can play it...except GTA V. It just says preload supported. Wonder if the early release is still a thing.

GravyButt

So this might be nothing, but I noticed on the "coming soon" section of PSN every full game coming soon has the date you can play it...except GTA V. It just says preload supported. Wonder if the early release is still a thing.
I noticed that too before. Got me wondering but im not sure if its still worded like that though.

^not from DLC thus far... and we don't know what, if any, new character customization will come with the new version though

i've been watching screenshots for that exact question. i want a Trevor gerrybeard in GTAO

Fjordson

I think people are going to be surprised by the sales of Remastered version. Definitely for people who think exactly what you are saying. That doesn't mean that sales will tank, but won't be GTA level sale by any means. This game isn't out performing on Amazon charts. I have never seen it in top 10 and barely seen it few times in top 20.

And I don't know why people keep saying Rockstar need no advertisement. When GTA V came out, that's all I could see everywhere, posters, trailers big ass billboards. And I live in Toronto.
It's not that they don't need advertising. Rockstar is actually pretty big on advertising. Commercials during the NBA playoffs for Max Payne 3, short films for Red Dead, billboards all over LA for GTA V, etc.

I think people mean the more traditional hype cycle for games through gaming media. Like Rockstar ain't about to go on IGN and give them a month of exclusive coverage like the new Halo release is. Or put out hours of game footage before release like Sunset Overdrive is doing. They keep most things close to the vest and then go all out near the end. Mostly with real world advertising to get those crossover sales.

And I don't think anyone is expecting new GTA level numbers. GTA V sold 35 million on two platforms. I'm sure even R* themselves know they ain't getting that sort of movement on essentially a re-release.

It's not that they don't need advertising. Rockstar is actually pretty big on advertising. Commercials during the NBA playoffs for Max Payne 3, short films for Red Dead, billboards all over LA for GTA V, etc.

I think people mean the more traditional hype cycle for games through gaming media. Like Rockstar ain't about to go on IGN and give them a month of exclusive coverage like the new Halo release is. Or put out hours of game footage before release like Sunset Overdrive is doing. They keep most things close to the vest and then go all out near the end. Mostly with real world advertising to get those crossover sales.

And I don't think anyone is expecting new GTA level numbers. GTA V sold 35 million on two platforms. I'm sure even R* themselves know they ain't getting that sort of movement on essentially a re-release.

They will.

Turkoop

Banned
2K does the same.

It's cool in some instances, but frustrating in others.

mehh, look to Evolve, they showed too much already :/

Look at that !!
B0tWExICIAAAsod.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man just realized how quick these past few months have gone. Game is out in 25 days. I left GTA Online in August so I will have plenty to do in the new version. Might be best to jump on today see if there are any packs or cars I want.

LurkingFear

Rockstar is much like the legendary band Slayer, in that they dont need to advertise. Their reputation speaks for itself!

You expect quality? You get quality.

Montresor

GTAV is spoken of highly by many but am I the only one who thinks this game has some of the worst collectible side quests in any open-world game? My soul was being slowly crushed every time I had to collect a piece of nuclear waste, or a murderer's letter, or fly under a bridge with a helicopter/plane... I did like the stranger/freaks missions though, but I could not stand those collectibles. I had 750/1000 or something like that in GTAV 360 and that includes getting all the collectible achievements. It's probably going to bother me getting under that in GTAV next-gen but I don't think I will care - I really disliked collecting all of that junk.

If there's one thing I hate Rockstar for, it's how they tease us and then immediately cock-block us by not making a peep about their upcoming release.

I mean, I don't want Ubisoft-levels of dev demos and screenshots, to the point where I'm seeing most of the game before it's even shipped, but I want SOMETHING!

Rockstar, pls. I can't take any more.

doofy102

GTAV is spoken of highly by many but am I the only one who thinks this game has some of the worst collectible side quests in any open-world game? My soul was being slowly crushed every time I had to collect a piece of nuclear waste, or a murderer's letter, or fly under a bridge with a helicopter/plane... I did like the stranger/freaks missions though, but I could not stand those collectibles. I had 750/1000 or something like that in GTAV 360 and that includes getting all the collectible achievements. It's probably going to bother me getting under that in GTAV next-gen but I don't think I will care - I really disliked collecting all of that junk.

I haven't liked the collectibles in either IV or V. The maps just have so many nooks and crannies now that you can spend ages searching a block and come up with nothing. In last gen it was fun because pretty much every time you went somewhere off-road, like into an alleyway, there'd be something to reward you for checking it out. If there was nothing there, at least you'd see more or less right away, it's not like there were rows and rows of dumpsters, and little staircases, and ladders, and other details cluttered around.

It doesn't help that the collectibles in IV and V are much tinier than the large, glowing ones from last gen. It makes the whole job of finding them too big. Last gen, going "package hunting" was are relatively easy, cool activity. Red Dead had this same quality. But in GTA, it's really only for the awesomely insane. It's kind of weird to me that modern GTA has something this hardcore.

UrbanRats

I'd say R* ist the only dev who really doesnt like the media and dont publishing many infos around the game
I like that

If there was one title that needed one of their extended trailers detailing all the aspects, it would've been this remaster/reissue of GTAV.
Detailing all the differences (at least the cosmetic ones, if they don't want to give all the extra stuff away) would've been great into explaining people WHY you should buy the same game again.

siah

Banned
I want to know more details about the online and transfer of characters. Do I keep all of my weapons I have? Vehicles? Money?

Goldrusher

I haven't liked the collectibles in either IV or V. The maps just have so many nooks and crannies now that you can spend ages searching a block and come up with nothing.
Find a map or guide somewhere, and it's like going on a sightseeing tour.
It's impossible to find them all by yourself anyway.

doofy102

Find a map or guide somewhere, and it's like going on a sightseeing tour.
It's impossible to find them all by yourself anyway.

Which is why the way R* has been handling hidden packages sucks. Whatever the hidden package system is, guides shouldn't be necessary for 99% of players to discover even half of them.

GlamFM

Banned
I want to know more details about the online and transfer of characters. Do I keep all of my weapons I have? Vehicles? Money?

Yes. Your online save is actually "in the cloud", you should find everything as you left it on old gen.

Top Bottom