• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone comment on screen tearing in either version?

I forget how well GTA IV ran since I played the PC version which isnt fair comparison

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
my Amazon (USA) order just changed to "shipping now" :)

Capture_zpsbd25c500.jpg

Still not yet for me..shiiiiiiiit

Zok310

Banned
Can't be done. Well, it can be done, but they need to process the request to determine if you're "worthy" of getting your money back for a product you don't have yet. It takes about 7-10 business days. Unless you're willing to risk buying GTA V twice, you're stuck with that preorder.

Why the fuck is the EU PSN so much better? They get preloads, preorders download automatically, and they can return preorders right from the PS3. What gives?

Bad way to treat folks that paid up front. Just don't purchase off the PSN again. PSN is backwards on a lot of things. It took them years to fix the movie issues where you could not dl a movie after you deleted it off the HDD, now you can tho, but it took Sony years to get that setup. Don't get me started on the lag on the store and the fact that they can't create a decent sort function for your previous purchases.
If i have a bad experience on tuesday morning (slow dl, wait till 3am, or server side issues), then i am done with PSN.

Hip Hop

The day has finally come, I'm officially uninstalling GTA IV and all DLC's forever (or quite sometime).

You gave me a good five years, great game.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
I've posted this twice, but since this thread moves extremely fast, it has probably been overlooked. After Sony clarified the right time for US downloads and R* confirmed their error, a twitter member asked R* then if that means US (pst) people will be able to download at 9pm Monday in which they replied "Yup". Sorry I cannot link because I'm on mobile.

Gaz_RB

I'm saving Heat for Monday before the midnight launch!

Just watched The Place Beyond the Pines last night. It was actually a pretty good/interesting crime drama.

DukeBobby

lol I was thinking the same thing instead probably going to watch Hard Boiled and Better Tomorrow II. I need to buy Heat, was on Amazon Instant View not to long ago.

Hard Boiled is one of my favourite action films of all time, but I'm not a big fan of A Better Tomorrow 2. I thought it was vastly inferior to the original.

dreamfall

Just watched The Place Beyond the Pines last night. It was actually a pretty good/interesting crime drama.

You know- I loved the first half of The Place Beyond the Pines. The second half just felt way too melodramatic for me with characters I didn't want to watch! Everyone's motivations felt so rushed!

sdornan

I've posted this twice, but since this thread moves extremely fast, it has probably been overlooked. After Sony clarified the right time for US downloads and R* confirmed their error, a twitter member asked R* then if that means US (pst) people will be able to download at 9pm Monday in which they replied "Yup". Sorry I cannot link because I'm on mobile.

It says 12:01 am PST on PSN though.

coughlanio

Oh damn, that's a great idea. Maybe some Goodfellas too.

I'm actually watching The Iceman right now, it's a pretty cool Mafia/Hitman movie. Michael Shannon's character somewhat reminds me of Michael in GTAV, a pure family man.

Pretty shitty that PSN US is shafting their customers who paid for the preorder. I'm going to let it download while I'm at work but I do feel bad for those who want to play it right away.

Gaz_RB

You know- I loved the first half of The Place Beyond the Pines. The second half just felt way too melodramatic for me with characters I didn't want to watch! Everyone's motivations felt so rushed!

Yeah, (Movie Spoilers)
It was pretty weird, but I liked the message they were trying to get across. Would have liked Ryan Gosling to stick around a little longer. I did really like Bradley Cooper's character at first, til he sort of became a jerk. I thought it was good. I liked that they tried something different with the story and switching perspectives. The last half should have just been a fourth though, I think. More Gosling being a badass!
Did get me hyped for GTAV though!

Pretty shitty that PSN US is shafting their customers who paid for the preorder. I'm going to let it download while I'm at work but I do feel bad for those who want to play it right away.

Yea its BS. Luckily I didnt buy it, I was so close to buying off psn when rockstar tweeted that US preload.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It says 12:01 am PST on PSN though.

Not to be rude here, but, I don't care what is on twitter. I care what I can prove. I've posted that pic showing Tuesday after 12:01AM PST more times than I'd like to count. Why repeat... But this is what Twitter says... when the proof is right there on your PSN?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
As long as it takes 7 hours or less to download and install the game, I won't be mad at SCEA.

I'm mad. Lol. As someone living in the east coast, start the damn thing at 12:01AM EST. it's not going to download and install before 12:01AM PST. You won't be breaking street date!!!

An-Det

I just finished my full replay of GTA 4 + the Episodes. Having that fresh in my mind will make jumping into Los Santos much more impressive, seeing the differences more clearly. As much as I've enjoyed my time in Liberty City, now I'm definitely ready for 5.

Dug

Banned
So since US can't preload and everyone is gonna be downloading the game at the same time....I wonder if PSN can handle that. Depends on how many people are getting it digitally I guess.

abundant

I'm mad. Lol. As someone living in the east coast, start the damn thing at 12:01AM EST. it's not going to download and install before 12:01AM PST. You won't be breaking street date!!!
It sucks for those on the east coast, thankfully I'm on the west coast so it will hopefully be ready by 7 or 8 am.

Quidam

Tempted to cancel my Amazon preorder and preload it on the PS3, as there's still no sign of a dispatch. Do we know if it unlocks at midnight on Tuesday?

My hype has hit a sort of comfortable low boil as we've gotten closer to release day. Less of that jumping out of my skin crackhead fiending I had before. Release is TOMORROW (midnight, anyway, but I count that as Monday). I have plenty of activities to distract me tonight. Hard to believe this is it.

So since US can't preload and everyone is gonna be downloading the game at the same time....I wonder if PSN can handle that. Depends on how many people are getting it digitally I guess.

My guess is most people will still be going physical. I just have to make sure to plug in the Ethernet cable as opposed to wireless. I just hope it goes smoothly. Its bad enough NA can't fucking preload or start earlier. But having the game take longer than a few hours for me will be frustrating. However I hate midnight launches and its quicker than hitting up the store next day. Wal Mart, I know , but for me digital is the most convenient. If its a bad experience that may sway me for next time. Wanted to give day 1 digital a try once.

Lmao, keep telling yourself that. You're not getting the game until the second half of 2014, i know it.

Nah, it'll be out on PC by Spring 2014. I'll double dip when the PC version is cheap, by then the mod community should be out in full force.

Avoid YouTube, brothers and sisters! Spoilers in the title names of related GTAV videos are present. I was innocently rewatching some of the GTAV official trailers and after the video ended the suggested videos to watch next revealed a medium-grade spoiler.

I downloaded all the trailers thankfully but I haven't watched them in a few days and I think it's for the best that I continue not looking at them.

This is how insane things are getting for me. I dreamt that I woke up and read the new posts in this thread... and there were only ~40 some new posts! "What in the bloody hell GAF, NOTHING IS SUPPOSED TO STOP THIS HYPE TRAIN, INCLUDING AND ESPECIALLY MIDNIGHT HOURS TYPICALLY RESERVED FOR SLEEPING"

Imagine my relief when I ACTUALLY woke up to find there were over 400 new replies. Good job guys, I knew you wouldn't let me down :D

Didn't even make it to page 106 by the time I got back here oh well, the spoiler and other topic are stealing people's GTA V innocence. As for having GTA V related dreams, I've had one or two, thinking about the game way too much!

48 hours to go for me!

why? I'm sure they made enough copies to meet demand.

You know, I thought the same thing too and while I'm sure it won't be a problem for a lot of places I now expect a lot of others to actually sell out after hearing things from someone I know who works at Gamestop. Their store got 1,100 pre-orders and they got 1,200 copies in, there's no one a mere 100 copies are going to sit on the shelves very long.

The day has finally come, I'm officially uninstalling GTA IV and all DLC's forever (or quite sometime).

You gave me a good five years, great game.

Did that as well but a week or so ago, uninstalled the EFLC last night.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Have some of you never ordered release date delivery from Amazon?

If you got release date delivery it may not go out until Monday or sometimes even same day tuesday if you are close enough to a warehouse.

I've never gotten a game late from them and they never shipped before monday before release date. That's just my personal experience though. Maybe other people have different experiences with their release date shipping.

Anyone else order from the MS store and get a tracking number, but it still says this at the UPS site:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

Getting a little nervous about day 1, but it does say next day air, so maybe it's just being held until Monday to ship overnight.

naku

I'm sorry, but the thread is moving faster and faster all the time to make it frustrating scroll back and look for info, so if anyone happens to know, what time will the EU PSN version be playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom