• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

paischtu

Neo Member
Any reports of German stores breaking the street date? Hamburg, ideally?

Edit: I see GlamFM got it, where?

Heard that there are some stores in Cologne selling it. Not worth the 200km for me though haha
Hoping it's available tomorrow morning in Luxembourg!

I wonder how many pages this will be at by the time I see this topic again, I'm going to guess it'll be at 112.
This is how insane things are getting for me. I dreamt that I woke up and read the new posts in this thread... and there were only ~40 some new posts! "What in the bloody hell GAF, NOTHING IS SUPPOSED TO STOP THIS HYPE TRAIN, INCLUDING AND ESPECIALLY MIDNIGHT HOURS TYPICALLY RESERVED FOR SLEEPING"

Imagine my relief when I ACTUALLY woke up to find there were over 400 new replies. Good job guys, I knew you wouldn't let me down :D

Milchjon

This is how insane things are getting for me. I dreamt that I woke up and read the new posts in this thread... and there were only ~40 some new posts! "What in the bloody hell GAF, NOTHING IS SUPPOSED TO STOP THIS HYPE TRAIN, INCLUDING AND ESPECIALLY MIDNIGHT HOURS TYPICALLY RESERVED FOR SLEEPING"

Imagine my relief when I ACTUALLY woke up to find there were over 400 new replies. Good job guys, I knew you wouldn't let me down :D

Most of the posts are in the spoiler thread.

Fedele

Welcome!

Amazon have not dispatched my copy either (I live in England), so I'm worried that it won't arrive on Tuesday.

I'd like to know how they are sorting out the "who gets what and when". I preordered on the 9th of July and am pretty sure that I'll get it by Wednesday only.

28465-Jerry-Seinfeld-leaves-gif-yxqm.gif

Welcome to GAF am fairly new too but been a reader for a long time anyway welcome and have fun discussions :)

Will do! What I like about GAF is the prevalence of higher level discussions.

More Irish people. I'M NOT ALONE!!!

Well, I'm not Irish, but living in the Emerald Isle for the craic. ;)

Tip: Call of Juarez Gunslinger for € 7 on XBL is a good and quick way to stop thinking about GTA V!

This is what I imagine a midnight launch is like. Dozens of people talking to themselves, some just shooting the shit, and about 70 different conversations happening at the same time :D

Oh damn, am at 8% now and thought it was slow. Good thing we got it early!

Exactly, I was gonna get it in a store on Tuesday but found out the EU got to pre-load today so I thought I'd go for the added convenience.
I hope it's done by tomorrow night but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't lol

Don't feel comfortable leaving my PS3 on for almost a day though :/

This is what I imagine a midnight launch is like. Dozens of people talking to themselves, some just shooting the shit, and about 70 different conversations happening at the same time :D

Midnight launches are so much fucking fun I think

Megasoum

Banned
The only thing that worries me right now is that my old launch 60gig retro compat PS3 might not hold long enough.... Especially the bluray drive. I really wish you could install the whole game to the HDD instead of juste the 8gigs.

I also should have ordered a spare bluray drive just in case. Now it's too late to get it by tuesday.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
What? Those lucky bastards :'(

Edit: Oh, so was that just Northern Ireland only? Still, those lucky bastards :'(
Yeah been reading about it on different forum. Think it's not just NI. Maybe it depends on where you live though.

I love the GAF spoiler policy btw, on that other forum they are just posting streams and gifs all over the place!

Fedele

What? Those lucky bastards :'(

Edit: Oh, so was that just Northern Ireland only? Still, those lucky bastards :'(

Yep, but I believe I saw someone from Cork (or somewhere in Ireland) who preordered only recently and had already got it - not sure if it was here tho.

I hate GTA for taking my hype to insane levels every single release.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Have SCEA ever said why they don't allow preloads ? Seems a bit backwards but then along with GCT I shouldn't be surprised. I feel sorry for you US Gaffers that deal with that shite.

Hip Hop

Thinking of canceling my US PSN preorder and getting it at the store...

ToysRus apparently is giving out a free Rockstar game of $19.99 value or less, plus a $10GC with a GTA V purchase.

Walmart misprinted the GTA V ad saying the Special Edition is priced at $59.99. You could potentially get it for that price if you price match to the right people.

Afrodium

Banned
Thinking of canceling my US PSN preorder and getting it at the store...

Can't be done. Well, it can be done, but they need to process the request to determine if you're "worthy" of getting your money back for a product you don't have yet. It takes about 7-10 business days. Unless you're willing to risk buying GTA V twice, you're stuck with that preorder.

Why the fuck is the EU PSN so much better? They get preloads, preorders download automatically, and they can return preorders right from the PS3. What gives?

Gawge

I ordered a game before from Amazon (UK). On release day, the post didn't come until around midday - and the game didn't come through. Then, around 5pm, my neighbour popped round with it - the postman put it through the wrong door (maybe an accident, maybe for a laugh because I was watching through the window).

Anyway, i'm not ordering online anymore, certainly not for big games like this. Although it could come early, that never seems to happen for me - and i'd much rather be in control of getting it very early on release day.

I'm thinking probably ASDA around 7am or something. No chance of them selling out on release day morning - right?

I strongly advise everybody to not skip any Stranger missions in the game. They are amazing.

Do you not get a second chance if you don;'t do them when they're first open? Also, do they pop up like the ones in GTAIV (have to run into them) or are they on the map for you to find ala RDR?

Answers in spoiler tags pls :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom