• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsete

I'm at about 50% :-(

About the same for me. :>

I'm sorry, but the thread is moving faster and faster all the time to make it frustrating scroll back and look for info, so if anyone happens to know, what time will the EU PSN version be playable?

Yes, I would like to know this. Does anyone know for a fact?

Locked and it says it will be "unlocked" at 0100 on 17/09/2013

There we go! Thanks.
Le sigh that Sony didnt mess his one up. :p

Have some of you never ordered release date delivery from Amazon?

If you got release date delivery it may not go out until Monday or sometimes even same day tuesday if you are close enough to a warehouse.

I've never gotten a game late from them and they never shipped before monday before release date. That's just my personal experience though. Maybe other people have different experiences with their release date shipping.

Someone just posted that their amazon order updated to shipping soon. If its from a nearby location, its possible to get it Monday no?

You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead......your next stop, the LOS SANTOS zone.

Can't wait for tomorrow

If you got release date delivery it may not go out until Monday or sometimes even same day tuesday if you are close enough to a warehouse.

I've never gotten a game late from them and they never shipped before monday before release date. That's just my personal experience though. Maybe other people have different experiences with their release date shipping.

This is also my experience with Amazon and RDD, there's really nothing to worry about. The worst thing that has happened with a Amazon RDD pre-order was a damaged case with RDR, all I needed was a case since the disc wasn't damaged but they ended up shipping out a new copy via over night to replace it.

Anyone else order from the MS store and get a tracking number, but it still says this at the UPS site:

Getting a little nervous about day 1, but it does say next day air, so maybe it's just being held until Monday to ship overnight.

Don't worry, UPS doesn't typically pick-up on Sundays AFAIK. It'll be picked up Monday, maybe early, early Monday and be at your location Tuesday.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Someone just posted that their amazon order updated to shipping soon. If its from a nearby location, its possible to get it Monday no?
I also never have gotten it early. Ive had my package delayed by shipper intentionally before. Someone may get it early but amazon is commonly on top of that because they don't want to be responsible for breaking street date.

sweetfish

Gold Member
A long shot, but worth a try:

SweGAF, any of you ordered from Dustin Home? Do they usually deliver on release? If I don't get it Tuesday I'm going bananas! :)

JoshHood

Haha you've clearly never ordered release date delivery from Amazon UK, when it will turn up anything from a day to a week late, but never at release! :D

Falt

For reddit users who are weary of spoilers (and those damn spoilery post titles).

I suggest getting the Reddit Enhancement Suite. A free plugin for reddit which adds a lot of extra features, for example; you can completely remove individual subreddits from your feed.

Just as the leaks hit, a particular post had a very subtle spoiler in it's title so I removed /r/gaming and /r/GrandTheftAutoV from my feed leaving nothing left to chance. You aint going to get me, not this close!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
It seems several retailers have received the game in my area but are holding to the midnight street date. Somebody has to slip up...

Forsete

SweGAF, any of you ordered from Dustin Home? Do they usually deliver on release? If I don't get it Tuesday I'm going bananas! :)

Never tried Dustin when it comes to games.
But if you dont get it just send it back when it arrives and buy a copy at your local Mediamarkt/Elgiganten/SIBA or whatevs. :p
Remember, COOP deems the game too violent so you wont find it there.

asker

Knowing the Swedish postal service, I wouldn't expect the game any earlier than Wednesday if you order today.

chugen

1 day, 4 hours, 40 minutes
almost at 24 h remaining

9EA3Y.gif

sweetfish

Gold Member
Hi, SweGAFer here, your safest bet is going to a store on the 17th. That's what i'm doing.

Never tried Dustin when it comes to games.
But if you dont get it just send it back when it arrives and buy a copy at your local Mediamarkt/Elgiganten/SIBA or whatevs. :p
Remember, COOP deems the game too violent so you wont find it there.

Knowing the Swedish postal service, I wouldn't expect the game any earlier than Wednesday if you order today.

I ordered it about two weeks ago, due to the student discount that I apparently still had and free shipping. But I'll probably buy it in store and send the other one back if it doesn't come by Tuesday.

Any info on what the price will be in the bigger stores, such as Elgiganten or MediaMarkt? Don't they usually have ridiculous price wars on bigger releases? I'm located in Gothenburg fyi.

waypoetic

Banned
Any info on what the price will be in the bigger stores, such as Elgiganten or MediaMarkt? Don't they usually have ridiculous price wars on bigger releases? I'm located in Gothenburg fyi.

I scouted a couple of stores yesterday and none gave away any sign of a price. I bet MediaMarkt is going to be on par with Webhallen; 549 kr.

Göteborgare här med.

I wish I could relive the experience of watching Heat for the very first time again. In my opinion it is the best action/thriller movie of all time. Nothing tops it. Al Pacino & De Niro at their finest.

Alienous

I'm in the UK.

Most of UK-GAF seem to have had their copies dispatched or dispatching soon, but my pre-order still says 'not yet dispatched'.

Your best bet is to probably save yourself the hassle, and preemptively cancel the order.

If it dispatches now, there's a chance it could come after Tuesday, and practically no chance of getting it Monday. Personally, I'd cancel it and just pick the game up at ASDA mid-day Tuesday, or earlier.

Fedele

I'm in the UK.

Most of UK-GAF seem to have had their copies dispatched or dispatching soon, but my pre-order still says 'not yet dispatched'.

I'm already taking for granted that I'll be playing the game on the 18th. If it comes before, I'll be happy and surprised.

It's all about setting expectations, dude.

DukeBobby

Your best bet is to probably save yourself the hassle, and preemptively cancel the order.

If it dispatches now, there's a chance it could come after Tuesday, and practically no chance of getting it Monday. Personally, I'd cancel it and just pick the game up at ASDA mid-day Tuesday, or earlier.

The delivery estimate still says the 17th, so I'm still holding out hope.

It's also £5 cheaper than everywhere else, so even though I'll be pretty annoyed if it comes a day late, I don't want to spend an extra £5 just to play it a day sooner.

Haha you've clearly never ordered release date delivery from Amazon UK, when it will turn up anything from a day to a week late, but never at release! :D

I've ordered a dozen release games at Amazon this generation and I haven't got a game late yet. Sounds like you live in an incredibly unreliable postal zone.

Heimbeck

Banned
I'm in the UK.

Mine is the same.
But I've used amazon a lot and they have never messed up Release day delivery for me, but it has never come early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom