• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Theres no metal station??

It's set in 2013 so they only have channels for genres that are popular in that year ;)

cYZnhrX.gif

FUQOfNA.gif

So I take it many of us will be holed up in our homes as though the zombie apocalypse were taking place just outside our doors? Total vanishing act?

I don't know that I want to acknowledge the fact that there are other human beings who exist and consider themselves my friends.

Bandit1

Behold, the time is upon us now, where we must cast away those things which we hold dear. For a new greatness shall be bestowed hence. We must make ourselves one with it, without distraction or interruption, locking our physical selves into our four-walled worlds. But nay, not our minds. For soon our minds shall be free to wander through this open, digital realm; vast as the night is dark. We shall see far beyond what we have dreamt, and we shall wonder no more my friends.
We shall wonder no more.

MormaPope

Banned
So I take it many of us will be holed up in our homes as though the zombie apocalypse were taking place just outside our doors? Total vanishing act?

I don't know that I want to acknowledge the fact that there are other human beings who exist and consider themselves my friends.

I'm going to the midnight launch with a friend, getting my copy, going to my best friends house, smoke a lot of weed and engage in drinking while the game installs, and then press play.

Gorillaz

It's set in 2013 so they only have channels for genres that are popular in that year ;)

FUQOfNA.gif

Ehhh thought they said back at the first trailer it was in 2008 during the beginning of the recession. I remember they tried to drill that in for awhile

Bsigg12

I'm going to the midnight launch with a friend, getting my copy, going to my best friends house, smoke a lot of weed and engage in drinking while the game installs, and then press play.

Fuuuuuu I forgot about the install. Hopefully the 360 version's install is fairly quick.

dreamfall

Driving four hours back to DC to hit up a GameStop I frequented when I lived at home/went to all midnight launches. Getting there early, hitting Five Guys for burgers, and then chain smoking outside with the homies until 12am hits.

Pre-order paid off, Orange Astros ordered, Slim 360 replacement acquired after OG red-ringed, LE guide ordered off Amazon.

Be still, my beating heart!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Midnight Launch (making sure I sleep in late on the Monday (Vacation Day), so I'll stay up and enjoy it for as long as I want (Tuesday and Wednesday-Vacation Days)

How big is the PS3 install?

Something I'd like to know too, so I can go ahead and make sure to get enough space ready.

Any crew for the PC version?

:(

Fear not, the GTA V PC Petition has reached well over 300,000 signatures with new signatures happening every few minutes. I guess the hype over the console release has reached epic proportions that it's spilling over to PC Gamers. Just a few months ago signatures were at a standstill.

Bsigg12

How does it work exactly? I always put my games on the hard drive anyway, or do we have to start disk up straight away?

Disc 2 I believe is all the content we have to install on the 360 regardless. Disc one can then be installed if you don't want the game running off the disc.

That's how they handled Halo 4.

Hip Hop

I honestly don't think I can install my game first.

too much to handle.

EDIT: forgot it was required.

I'll install disc one later.

M.W.

Each console version has an 8gb install. With the 360, you can install the other disc, which i think totals 8gb as well.

ironcreed

Banned
This is one classy OT. Only the finest for the kind of game that comes around only once every 4-5 years. But in this game's case, one of the most popular franchises of all time looks like it is reaching it's absolute peak in what is promising to be a monumental effort by Rockstar. Can't believe it is just a week away. Good times.

M.W.

I think a "The first thing I did in GTA V" thread would be pretty funny. We could make it short clips, screenshots, or gifs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm reminded of the Bombcast where Ryan talks about how much funnier videos are when the random dog walks into view after the fact.

That will be Chop in so many Social Club videos.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
:lol, cleaning up my PS3, and I've always wondered why I usually have around 10 GB or less space. Boom, forgot I had Gran Turismo 5 still on the HD. 15 GB's of data that hasn't been touched since 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom