• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Almost there!

iLV0YjyCa7KeX.gif

Alchemist

Awesome OT, Buckethead!

Knowing this game comes out in a week feels quite surreal. Can't wait to finally get my hands on it!

I can’t wait to explore Michael’s mansion and then just chill on the balcony and soak in the awesome atmosphere. Dem feels – I can already feel them!

daffy

Banned
What color?! That is important preparation!
Blue! To calm myself when I'm speeding through Los Santos

I sold my 5 year old ps3 fat (which was working great) for the new slim for this game.
That should eliminate any concerns I have.
awesome! I've had my 2nd fat ps3 for awhile now. I feel like its going to go out before I'm fully done with it though! so I may be doing the same thing this holiday haha.
sappyday said:
I'm planning on buying one as well.
Do it!

MormaPope

Banned
Nope, that's some fan-made map based off screenshots. Should give you an idea of some of the layout, but I'd be surprised if the whole shape is anywhere near that.

When the achievements for GTA V were released a small tile picture of the map was one of the achievement pictures. Both map shapes are incredibly similar, the map in the OP might be modeled based on that pic.

Only the bottom portion of that map could be semi-accurate. Maybe. A majority of it was put together based off rough speculation from screenshots I would imagine.

Majine

Banned
I hope we get to see San Fierro and Las Venturas at some point in the future. Wether it's in the form of expansions or a new game.

Mik2121

When the achievements for GTA V were released a small tile picture of the map was one of the achievement pictures. Both map shapes are incredibly similar, the map in the OP might be modeled based on that pic.

Ahhh gotcha. I didn't see the achievements.

Remember how awesome the horse animation was in RDR, like the muscle movement in the legs. I hope they do something similar with the wildlife and Franklin's dog.

jambo

Fear not, the GTA V PC Petition has reached well over 300,000 signatures with new signatures happening every few minutes. I guess the hype over the console release has reached epic proportions that it's spilling over to PC Gamers. Just a few months ago signatures were at a standstill.

If they put it on Steam for $50 and all 300,000~ signatories bought it, they would make about $11,000,000 off of them alone. They would make tens of millions more with a Steam front page ad.

Bsigg12

If they put it on Steam for $50 and all 300,000~ signatories bought it, they would make about $11,000,000 off of them alone. They would make tens of millions more with a Steam front page ad.

Thing about Steam is a overwhelming amount of people would wait for the Winter sale or next year's summer sale to get it cheap. Its just kind of how PC has transitioned.

Mik2121

As posted earlier, Franklin's walk already looks amazing
k7892_gta_v_dog2lupc.gif

Are you calling Franklin a horse!?
jk

Anyway, I don't think we might get as good quality as the horse's animation and the normal maps changing to show the muscles moving and whatnot. Perhaps we do... but I don't think so. The horses in RDR were the only way to move around and all were the same, but in different colors.
If GTA only had one car with multiple colors, I bet it would look straight from Gran Turismo. But yeah, with so much content here, doubt it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did IGN say anything about how losing Chop worked?

I just don't want to lose that dog forever. and ever. I already went through that with Dogmeat on Fallout 3.

Oh yeah, if RockStar doesn't include Bigfoot, the Evil Dead Cabin, a ghost or any of the other crazy rumors from previous GTA games I will be very disappointed.

Actually, wasn't there a ghost in GTA San Andreas? It was in your house and was your mom or something......

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh yeah, if RockStar doesn't include Bigfoot, the Evil Dead Cabin, a ghost or any of the other crazy rumors from previous GTA games I will be very disappointed.

Actually, wasn't there a ghost in GTA San Andreas? It was in your house and was your mom or something......

Big Foot has already appeared in a Rockstar game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a scene with Franklin leaning over a railing with Chop laying down behind him that looks like it would be a cutscene. Which to me says that you can't permanently lose him. If there were multiple breeds you could own, I feel they would have mentioned that instead of just that you can get different collars and leashes.

jambo

Thing about Steam is a overwhelming amount of people would wait for the Winter sale or next year's summer sale to get it cheap. Its just kind of how PC has transitioned.

I can't find the article, but I remember someone from Valve mentioning that they do very good numbers in the lead up to games coming out and especially during launch week.

Also with sales, they often do great numbers in the week following the sale, as word of mouth and multiplayer leads to people buying the game, even at full price.

sappyday

The bigfoot myth in SA was just made up. Same with the cabin dude, and cj's moms ghost, was fun looking for everything though

I hope they learn how much fun this bring to the game. With how big the world is I hope they added scary, funny, weird easter eggs. But not normal ones where you find a stationary object. Something where you have to go to a certain place, at a certain time and do a certain task.

I hope they learn how much fun this bring to the game. With how big the world is I hope they added scary, funny, weird easter eggs. But not normal ones where you find a stationary object. Something where you have to go to a certain place, at a certain time and do a certain task.

Im not going to spoil anything but theres a interesting audio clip from the PSN leak.
alien like sounds. Very creepy

Fjordson

I don't think we know if we can own other type of dogs but we do know there are other type of dogs in the game as seen in some screenshots.
Yeah, there are pet stores you can buy pets from. Not sure what kind of pets you can buy exactly, but it's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom