• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

snacknuts

we all knew her
Probably not the best way to invest $300K, but whatever. She's a beaut.

22dL4LG.jpg

Even though I have a maxed out Brioso, I got tired of driving it in the Splits race. It spins out like nobody's business. So even though this car is a LOT slower around the track, it will be easier to control and I have a feeling I will do at least as well with it overall. And if not, I will still look pretty sweet when I roll up in fourth place.

snacknuts

we all knew her
The thread has gotten slow!

pFKXlMc.jpg

I guess I might move to a nicer office? I don't know, I have a bunch of money and nothing I want to buy.

Broke 13M again yesterday, I thought I still had another week or two before I hit the four weeks of daily objective bonus again but I guess not. I guess if warehouses are on sale I might buy one for my secondary character but... Eh. I mainly got the office on that one so I could use the loadout and get rid of a bunch of weapons.

EDIT: Nope, looking back to the last time I mentioned it, I guess I did get the 500K bonus early in the month. I think I might be done after keeping it up for three months.

Just purchased the most expensive office. Now I need a warehouse. I've never completed any of the ceo task before. How hard is it to make money?

The thread has gotten slow!
I keep an eye on it, but I lost almost all motivation to play GTAO after that fiasco the other week during the CM run. I've been playing some other stuff like Leynos and my Shadow Complex disc.

I will eventually come back to Los Santos. I almost started it up yesterday, but ended up moving through my backlog and getting caught up in some of those games.

Purchased a Valkyries don't know why but it should be fun when my friends are online.

Not bad sales this week I already own a yacht and ain't even be bothered with the ceo stuff so no point moving out of the cheapest office.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Just purchased the most expensive office. Now I need a warehouse. I've never completed any of the ceo task before. How hard is it to make money?

Not hard, just takes a while to build up stock. Much, MUCH easier if you're in a solo session, but the game requires you to be in a "public" session to be able to do crate work.

Probably not the best way to invest $300K, but whatever. She's a beaut.

Even though I have a maxed out Brioso, I got tired of driving it in the Splits race. It spins out like nobody's business. So even though this car is a LOT slower around the track, it will be easier to control and I have a feeling I will do at least as well with it overall. And if not, I will still look pretty sweet when I roll up in fourth place.

I did the same too only I made mine look more like the Mirthmobile from Wayne's World.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Do you get a discount on upgrading to a different office location like when you buy a property in place of another?
If you already own an office and try to buy one that's more expensive, you will get partial credit for trading in the one you bought. It will show you that figure before you confirm the purchase.

finally picked this up on PS4 because I didn't feel like double dipping for the price it retailed at.

do I need a dedicated group to play heists with or would randoms work well enough?

all my friends moved from 360 to PC for this lol

finally picked this up on PS4 because I didn't feel like double dipping for the price it retailed at.

do I need a dedicated group to play heists with or would randoms work well enough?

all my friends moved from 360 to PC for this lol
Randoms are not to be trusted.

But you'll gradually (slowly) find worthwhile randoms, just add them to your friends list and eventually you'll have people you can rely on.

maybe transferring a character from last gen was a bad idea

i just got bombarded with shit that I have no idea about lol, I forgot a lot plus they seemed to have added a lot

maybe I'll just start over

snacknuts

we all knew her
Actually a good sale this week.

oB0eWZA.png

I bought the Karin Technical because it was the only assault vehicle I didn't already own and I haven't completed the heist for it. I also bought the prison bus for some reason.

Prepare for an uptick in Hydra griefing.

Symphonia

Banned
Prepare for an uptick in Hydra griefing.
Had a kid briefing a lobby in his Hydra yesterday. Was chatting shit over mic too. I bought out my Hydra, hid my blip off the radar, and took him down. The little punk started crying and left the game. I love moments like those. As for the sale, I might finally buy a Rhino. I need one for those moments where a Hydra just won't cut it.

Wolfe

Nice that there's finally stuff on sale I want lol, picked up the Hydra and Savage, left me with almost 400k. Disappointed to see only the armored Kuruma is on sale though, would prefer to pick up the regular one.

Wish they'd go back and buff the Rhino's armor back up again. It's kind of absurd that the Insurgent can tank jet cannons/missiles better than an actual tank but given how long its been that's probably never going to happen.

Wolfe

Wish they'd go back and buff the Rhino's armor back up again. It's kind of absurd that the Insurgent can tank jet cannons/missiles better than an actual tank but given how long its been that's probably never going to happen.

Yeah no kidding, the thing isn't even fun to use against cops as it starts smoking really fast. It's absurd that its armor is so weak right. I get that they felt they needed to do something initially but what they did was the wrong choice.

Yeah no kidding, the thing isn't even fun to use against cops as it starts smoking really fast. It's absurd that its armor is so weak right. I get that they felt they needed to do something initially but what they did was the wrong choice.
I think the Rhino is great where it is. It's fun to use in short bursts, but if it was any tougher it would be OP.

Wolfe

I think the Rhino is great where it is. It's fun to use in short bursts, but if it was any tougher it would be OP.

I understand where you're coming from but I disagree, and I say this as someone that has played the game from Fall 2013, long before the tanks armor got nerfed into oblivion.

Yes it was a problem, but at the time there wasn't much if any resistance other than the Lazer. Now we have two jets, one able to be called on demand, multiple attack choppers and multiple armored vehicles (plus a non armored or two) with heavy artillery on them.

All of the armored vehicles take far more damage than the tank now does (afaik), it's no longer even close to being balanced (which was the whole point of the initial armor nerf).

I do think that the original implementation of the tank was a bit too strong but what we're left with, especially now with all the current tools available, is quite sub par.

It's a TANK! It makes no sense to me that an armored 4 door sports car can take more of a beating than a tank. I mean there was just as much whining about the Lazer back in the day (if not more, it wasn't restricted behind 2 million dollars and a level requirement) yet it remains the same. Why not just reduce the armor on the rear where the vents/exhaust are, give it a weak point as opposed to the whole thing being overly weak.

Either way that's just my opinion on it, I had even called it out the other night against some cops before I posted about it and it was kinda boring/disappointing (admittedly I rarely use it anymore due to that feeling). Barely had any time against 5 star cops and all they were doing was shooting guns at me :(

Mastah

Coming Soon to GTA Online: BIKERS and More

Bikers, the next big addition to GTA Online, brings the eagerly-anticipated ability to form and lead your very own Motorcycle Club for up to 8 players. Bikers will introduce new roles to play from fresh Prospects to club Presidents with a massive slate of new competitive and co-op gameplay, along with a range of new motorcycles, properties that include MC Clubhouses with a special custom Biker mechanic, and venues for seedy business ventures.

Beyond a range of opportunities to climb the ranks within a gang and build lucrative businesses as a formidable MC, Bikers also includes a selection of appropriately-themed new modes for bikers of all kinds, along with new weapons, styles, tattoos and features to make this a huge addition to the world of GTA Online.

And while loyal MCs will fight to expand their foothold alongside black-collar CEOs and Organizations, there’s always another opportunity to make your mark just around the corner. Keep an eye out for high-level, high-risk vehicle based business ventures to spring up across Los Santos and Blaine County soon.

actual_1474295117.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ent=newswire&utm_campaign=gtaobikers-09192016

Sounds pretty cool, but I'm thinking that it'll be just like the CEO stuff, where to become a biker you have to have $1million in the bank or something, and making small modifications to your bike will cost $50,000.

Looking forward to new weapons and stuff though.

I understand where you're coming from but I disagree, and I say this as someone that has played the game from Fall 2013, long before the tanks armor got nerfed into oblivion.

Yes it was a problem, but at the time there wasn't much if any resistance other than the Lazer. Now we have two jets, one able to be called on demand, multiple attack choppers and multiple armored vehicles (plus a non armored or two) with heavy artillery on them.

All of the armored vehicles take far more damage than the tank now does (afaik), it's no longer even close to being balanced (which was the whole point of the initial armor nerf).

I do think that the original implementation of the tank was a bit too strong but what we're left with, especially now with all the current tools available, is quite sub par.

It's a TANK! It makes no sense to me that an armored 4 door sports car can take more of a beating than a tank. I mean there was just as much whining about the Lazer back in the day (if not more, it wasn't restricted behind 2 million dollars and a level requirement) yet it remains the same. Why not just reduce the armor on the rear where the vents/exhaust are, give it a weak point as opposed to the whole thing being overly weak.

Either way that's just my opinion on it, I had even called it out the other night against some cops before I posted about it and it was kinda boring/disappointing (admittedly I rarely use it anymore due to that feeling). Barely had any time against 5 star cops and all they were doing was shooting guns at me :(

I agree with you that it's weird that the armoed APC with the machine gun on it is stronger than a tank. I think they should increase the stats of the tank back to close to what it was, but then nerf it in another way by making it only available from a handful of sites that are painful to get to.

Can't wait for the 2M motorcycle that's still not as good as the rest or is only marginally better.

I've got 13M saved up, could be more but I've taken a break after playing every day for like three months straight.

Wolfe

Can't wait for the 2M motorcycle that's still not as good as the rest or is only marginally better.

I've got 13M saved up, could be more but I've taken a break after playing every day for like three months straight.

Lol fuck, I got distracted and forgot which thread I had clicked on from my subs, when I looked back thought I was in the moto thread and was confused as hell at the numbers you were throwing up here.

Took me a second to realize my mistake :p

Wolfe

So I'm curious, does any snap that you upload from the game to the Social Club appear in like a general snapmatic page with pics from other users as well? I rarely upload snaps and only recently have uploaded a dozen or so for some of the appreciation threads on the GTA forums but I've all of a sudden have people thumbs upping a few of the pics. For a long while I had this one particular person giving random pics of mine thumbs up and the occasional "great" or "cool" comment, thought it was odd but I never pay too much attention to the SC outside of changing my crew color so I didn't think about it. Then a few minutes ago I go to change the color again after having left it for a few weeks and there's quite a few likes on a couple of the recent pics (quite a few being between 10-20 haha, so not a lot really).

Guess the reason it seemed odd was that it felt like it came out of nowhere, which if all snaps uploaded also appeared on an aggregate page within the SC site that would make sense.

Also people like the Hotknife I guess, well pics of it at least.

Apologies for the double post but I'm not sure if editing a post will still bump the thread in peoples sub feed.

snacknuts

we all knew her
So I'm curious, does any snap that you upload from the game to the Social Club appear in like a general snapmatic page with pics from other users as well?

Yup. There's a Snapmatic tab on the GTAV section of the Social Club website where you can browse other players' uploads.

Unrelated: I was doing a solo crate sale of a full medium warehouse the other night. Had to do 10 drops from a Titan. Finished nine of them and bumped into a mountain before the tenth. I didn't blow the Titan up, but it killed the engines and cruised to a stop maybe a quarter mile away from the last drop. Got a message telling me that all 42 crates had been destroyed. WTF

Hakkelus

Are there some trucker missions in freeroam? Never seen that before but my minimap just showed some truck symbols and the text said you can find truck knobs that can be used to pick up some cargo or something. Is this new? Never seen this before.

Wolfe

Are there some trucker missions in freeroam? Never seen that before but my minimap just showed some truck symbols and the text said you can find truck knobs that can be used to pick up some cargo or something. Is this new? Never seen this before.

No idea what you're talking about.

snacknuts

we all knew her

There's a VIP thing you can do called Haulage where your organization has to collect a trailer and deliver it somewhere. There are lots of truck icons on the map to show where you can get one to haul the trailer. Other players can try to stop them.

They haven't made a newswire or Twitter post about it yet, but this week's deals (according to the official Events entry on the PSN, and the in-game browser):

Double GTA$ & RP in all Lamar missions, Entourage, and on a Stunt Race Playlist.

25% off select Supercars*, Buckingham Helis and Jets**, and the Baller LE LWB.

*Emperor ETR1, Progen T20, Pegassi Zentorno
** Volatus, Luxor Deluxe, Swift Deluxe, Swift, Luxor

Wolfe

There's a VIP thing you can do called Haulage where your organization has to collect a trailer and deliver it somewhere. There are lots of truck icons on the map to show where you can get one to haul the trailer. Other players can try to stop them.

Ah, explains why I was clueless, still haven't done half the VIP missions yet.

Wish they'd bring back the old freeroam activities.

Yeah, I kind of miss armored cars (more so when they were bugged), Simeon's special vehicle and all those.

Still waiting for a discount on the RE-7B before I consider buying one, I'll probably end up being one for each character but on my secondary sell my T20 to get back at least some of the money.

Mastah

They haven't made a newswire or Twitter post about it yet, but this week's deals (according to the official Events entry on the PSN, and the in-game browser):

Double GTA$ & RP in all Lamar missions, Entourage, and on a Stunt Race Playlist.

25% off select Supercars*, Buckingham Helis and Jets**, and the Baller LE LWB.

*Emperor ETR1, Progen T20, Pegassi Zentorno
** Volatus, Luxor Deluxe, Swift Deluxe, Swift, Luxor

actual_1474725118.png

actual_1474725101.png

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...erm=events&utm_content=gtao-scevents-09232016

Arklite

So this game has a lot of complaints of online hackers on the Steam store page. Is the PS4 online any better? Which community is more active between console and PC?

Top Bottom