• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Symphonia

Banned
Just to let you know, Rockstar is giving all players who log in (from today through 4th November) $250,000. All you have to do is literally join a game. Simple.

snacknuts

we all knew her
GAF hilarity online tonight:

GAF's very own SiteSeer in the Hydra and my friend, Ant riding on top. Too bad the SnapMatic didn't catch SiteSeer's ejection. The NPC assistant was freaking out during the attack.

Sorry I missed you guys last night. I got your party invite while I was in the middle of doing a supply run and needed to jump off after. I pretty much logged on just so I could finally buy my Albany Roosevelt.

SiteSeer

GAF hilarity online tonight:

GAF's very own SiteSeer in the Hydra and my friend, Ant riding on top. Too bad the SnapMatic didn't catch SiteSeer's ejection. The NPC assistant was freaking out during the attack.
that was fun. i wonder if rockstar imagined goofiness like this when they laid out the game mechanics: taking a selfie while a harrier jump jet shoots explosive rounds at your criminal ceo's office in hover mode with a naked man on its back

gwailo

Banned
It's for the 3rd anniversary of GTA Online. Probably also a "sorry" for all the people who have been having problems logging on lately.

Sorry I missed you guys last night. I got your party invite while I was in the middle of doing a supply run and needed to jump off after. I pretty much logged on just so I could finally buy my Albany Roosevelt.
It's cool man. We were thinking of running the Pac Standard a couple of times last night, but we ended up alternating VIP Headhunter missions.

that was fun. i wonder if rockstar imagined goofiness like this when they laid out the game mechanics: taking a selfie while a harrier jump jet shoots explosive rounds at your criminal ceo's office in hover mode with a naked man on its back
Yeah dude, thanks for hanging out with us. Just reading this I almost spewed my coffee. It sounds so absurd and yet, there it is.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Halloween content is up. I had vowed on the previous page that I would be getting the Sanctus, but since it costs $1,995,000 (!), that is unlikely to be the case.

Mastah

Halloween in GTA Online: New Sanctus Motorcycle, T-Shirt Unlocks, Lost vs Damned Adversary Mode & More

NEW VEHICLE: LCC SANCTUS MOTORCYCLE

NEW LOST VS DAMNED ADVERSARY MODE

To help you dive straight in to the depths of this new Adversary Mode, there's Double GTA$ and RP available in Lost Vs Damned today through Monday, November 7th. Fight the good (and the bad) fight while pocketing some hard-earned rewards and rep.

UNLOCKABLE IN-GAME T-SHIRTS

If you're on the lookout for new thematically-appropriate attire, the Twilight Knife and Butchery and Other Hobbies T-Shirts have got you covered. Simply log in to GTA Online through Monday, November 7th to unlock your free horror flick tees.

And if you add the Sanctus to your collection now through Monday, November 7th, you'll also unlock the Cheerleader Massacre 3 T-Shirt - a perfect, bloodied accessory to any Halloween wardrobe.

DOUBLE GTA$ & RP IN SLASHER, BEAST VS SLASHER & COME OUT TO PLAY MODES

On Halloween, jump into a special Double GTA$ & RP Playlist featuring classic horror Modes Slasher, Beast vs Slasher and Come Out to Play. Available on Monday, October 31st only, hit the prompt button on the GTAV launch screen to take part in the mischief and the mayhem.

ALSO...

On top of sinking your teeth into the fresh additions above, don't miss out on the opportunity to indulge in familiar favorites as the Lurcher Hearse and Fränken Stange return alongside a variety of spooky Masks, Facepaints, Bobbleheads and Horns – all ready to be added to your collection now through November 15th.

actual_05e04206670d623d717d490a512fcc0dd265df36.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...e&utm_content=gtao-sanctus-halloween-10282016

Gorillaz

Picked this up last week and haven't touched GTA 5 or online since launch. Holy shit they really added a lot huh. I can easily see myself play this a lot more especially if they are doing new content roll out like every other month. Didn't think the community would still be here 3 years later.

Are the groups the same here as they were at launch? I think I was in gaf's 3rd team/clan since the 1st 2 were filled

Wolfe

So I dunno wtf rockstar is doing with money online but it's somehow affected my damn single player save.

My save file is completely the same, all characters in the same locations/wearing same clothing etc etc they were last I played, yet now all three of them have no money whatsoever...

Hopping on if anyone wants to join in.

Edit: Dropping off for now. Really strange day. Almost no one on my friends list was online. I ended up running about 2 or 3 hours of contact missions with randoms. Decided to record High Priority Case for shits with the in-game editor. Enjoy HIgh Priority Savage. It's just a quick and dirty edit of the mission with a filter thrown over for good measure.

Edit 2: Oh and it looks like you can shoot out of the VIP vehicles without breaking the windows now. Well it worked in the Schafter V12 at least. I took a bounty, windshield intact. Some guy tried to crack it with an assault rifle and I ran him down, putting a few in his head with the Scorpion knockoff. The windshield only cracked from his attack, but it was still resistant for a few more shots.

Mastah

Rat Rod Now Available in GTA Online Plus New "City Air" Premium Race

OUT NOW: DECLASSE TORNADO RAT ROD

actual_8524b1742f156e860888ef2311d4040f97624ffd.jpg

PREMIUM RACE: CITY AIR (NOV. 1ST - 7TH)

GTA ONLINE THREE YEAR CELEBRATION REMINDER: 30% OFF SELECT ITEMS UNTIL NOV. 7TH

The GTA Online anniversary sale is still ongoing. Log in and take advantage of 30% off a wide variety of vehicles, weapons, and more from three years of GTA Online content. In addition, it's not too late to grab the Halloween-themed Twilight Knife and Butchery and Other Hobbies in-game T-Shirts. Simply jump into GTA Online by November 7th and claim yours.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...erm=newswire&utm_content=gtao-ratrod-11012016

snacknuts

we all knew her
Anyone else not received their $250K from R* yet? I just popped on for a minute to check for it and still nothing. >:|

Hakkelus

Anyone else not received their $250K from R* yet? I just popped on for a minute to check for it and still nothing. >:|

Nothing yet.

I really hope in the next "online gta" they will concentrate on the free roam activities more rather than the heists and missions. I mean, they are pretty terrible and complete immersion breakers with all the loading and being separate from all the other players, except for the three morons that don't know what to do.. ( yes, yes, I'm often one of the morons too..)

Same.

Nothing yet.

I really hope in the next "online gta" they will concentrate on the free roam activities more rather than the heists and missions. I mean, they are pretty terrible and complete immersion breakers with all the loading and being separate from all the other players, except for the three morons that don't know what to do.. ( yes, yes, I'm often one of the morons too..)

I think the Free Roam activities in this iteration of GTA Online were a stop gap for the horrible matchmaking and poor design of the job/mission system. If you read those early interviews about GTA Online from Leslie Benzies and others in IGN, they set it up as this cohesive, seamless world, similar to the single player. None of that stuff came to fruition, and it became a world defined by its seams, just that the seams took the form of clouds up in the sky.

As originally described, they tried to make it sound like you and 3 friends could be pulling a heist, while I was doing a job for Martin Madrazo, and 4 other people were having a deathmatch shoot out, while 3 people were having an ad hoc impromptu street race, and that our worlds would collide in interesting, unpredictable ways... e.g., the Street race might distract the cops while you guys are pulling your heist, and the death match might end up causing me to have to do my Martin mission differently, and then when I'm making the get-away for my mission maybe I get wrapped into your heist and protect you from the cops because we have a similar goal. Obviously, none of that happened and it was a vision that they couldn't execute on.

The stop gap for this was the introduction of free roam activities, which were so desperately needed because as the game was originally built, the free roam world was really just a lobby as you waited for invites. But because it was a playable world, that also meant load times, connection bugs, and any other issue that you might run into. But now it's really a mess of activities and events... It's difficult to understand what's going on. I also wish that they reintroduced some of the activities that aren't PvP. Just about every activity is PvP now, and I wish that things like the drug-running planes and things like that made their return.

Mastah

New DEADLINE Mode and Shotaro Bike - Plus Special Bonuses in GTA Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs_0sTq7gpQ

NEW VEHICLE: NAGASAKI SHOTARO

Light up the night with the blazingly fast Nagasaki Shotaro. Packed with enough energy to power the Los Santos grid and sporting the looks of an auto show concept vehicle, the Shotaro delivers a driving experience that is out of this world. Experience the delights of the Shotaro first in the new Deadline Adversary Mode, which will unlock the bike for purchase at Legendary Motorsport, and the Deadline Outfit is also unlocked for purchase at any clothing store. And for a limited time, proud new Shotaro owners will get a free Nagasaki Logo Tee added to their wardrobe.

DEADLINE

Deadline pits up to four players against another, each mounted on a different colored Shotaro, which emits a temporary light trail as you ride through the arena. Any competitor unfortunate enough to come in contact with said trail meets an instant explosion. Make calculated movements to force opponents to cross your trail’s path and take advantage of strategic power-ups for a competitive edge; use Boost to speed ahead and cut off your opponents, slow down time with Zoned for precision movement, or leap your opponent’s light trail with Hop. Step in the arena now and earn Double GTA$ and RP through November 21st.

UNLOCKABLE IN-GAME T-SHIRT & BONUSES

Feeling a sense of pride after picking up your latest mode of transport? Show your colors and shine bright in the Nagasaki Logo Tee, free with any Nagasaki Shotaro purchase.

In addition to the Double GTA$ and RP in Deadline, get a boost to your Biker Business with 25% off Business supplies and resupplies plus an extra 50% GTA$ and 2X RP from Biker Business Sales. Plus, take advantage of discounted weapons and tactical vehicles listed below from now through the 21st.

Properties

Biker Businesses – 25%

Vehicles

Karin Technical – 25% (Heist completion requirement waived)
Savage – 25% (Heist completion requirement waived)
MTL Brickade – 50%

Weaponry

Bullet Ammo – 25%
Throwables and Explosives – 25%
Body Armor – 25%
Drum & Box Magazines – 25%

PREMIUM RACE: OVER THE BRIDGE (NOVEMBER 8TH - 21ST)

actual_6f6d85ca0939880a2a5fb15c580105fe0e873c89.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...m=newswire&utm_content=gtao-deadline-11082016

snacknuts

we all knew her
The new game mode looks fun. The Shotaro looks pretty sweet, but not at that price. Broughy has already posted a video about it and said that if you already have the Drag, there's no reason to get the Shotaro. I'm sure I'll pick it up when it goes on sale. And I will probably buy the Brickade for giggles at 50% off.

I've asked this before, but is there any way to get into a featured job with a friend/crew member? Like, if you both get an invite on your phone to the featured play modes, you both accept it, is there any way to get put in the same lobby?

A friend and I played on Saturday and wanted to do some of the featured modes, but couldn't for the life of us get into the same game. If I tried to joi nand invite him, it'd be full, and so he couldn't get in.

System still sucks it seems. Is there a party mode that I'm missing, something that virtually every other game has had for like 10 years?

Striker

Best bet is to host a lobby and invite your friend in first. Seems more Adversary modes are getting populated more now with Rockstar using them across the map and updating.

On that note, I did receive the 3-year bonus this morning and with that, put toward a Savage that is on sale.

Man I need people to play with. I have yet to do the heist missions I dislike doing with a random because all they do is rush through it and I still have no idea how to make money and buy all this cool shit

Man it's so hard to get people to join heists!
Which platform? I may be able to run through a few with you. I have a couple of reliables who could join in.

Might do the character mod glitch again to tweak some things on my avatar. Did it last week and I was surprised it still works. My friend made a clone of my character though. Want to differentiate myself a little. I don't mind having a twin. Just not that identical.

If anyone else is interested, let me know. VIP/CEO makes the glitch setup go by really quick.

Lol clones
zaThTRa12k-SrEf9lNnRyQ_0_0.jpg

Mastah

Kill Quota GTA Online Mode, Youga Classic + Special Thanksgiving Bonuses

It's murder-by-numbers in Kill Quota, the newest team-based GTA Online Adversary Mode for up to 16 players across 2-4 teams. Starting off with a high-powered weapon from one of four distinct loadout options, each team must hit the designated body count before advancing to a more challenging and less powerful armament, culminating with a final, one-hit-kill melee round. The first team to successfully cycle through all six weapons in a match (or have the highest count at the end of the time limit) wins.

Earn up while exploring the new Kill Quota mode through November 28th, scoring Double GTA$ and RP for playing any of the seven new maps.

NEW VEHICLE: BRAVADO YOUGA CLASSIC

729ae357d661da58a54b8a816977ba653a1b877f.jpg

THANKSGIVING BONUSES

Over-indulge yourself this holiday week and feast on these special GTA Online bonuses:

Double GTA$ and RP in Kill Quota (November 22nd - 28th)
Double GTA$ and RP in Every Bullet Counts, Running Back and Inch by Inch (Thanksgiving Day, November 24th only)

And in the spirit of Black Friday, enjoy a delicious 25% off these GTA Online items up through November 28th:

Vehicles: Buckingham SuperVolito and SuperVolito Carbon
Vehicle Customizations: Rims, Turbo, Liveries, Resprays, Engine Mods
Clothing: Biker Clothing (not including Deadline Outfits) and Tattoos
Weapons: Compact Rifle, Carbine Rifle, Assault Rifle

PREMIUM RACE: HIGH FLIER (NOVEMBER 22ND - 28TH)

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ill-Quota-Mode-Now-Available-Plus-Special-GTA

Seriously does Rockstar even playtest these modes before putting them out there? Played the new gun mode and jesus it sucks... Takes for ever, is always unbalanced, and just isn't fun. It's a slog. Plus I was in one game that took over a half hour to finish.

Seriously does Rockstar even playtest these modes before putting them out there? Played the new gun mode and jesus it sucks... Takes for ever, is always unbalanced, and just isn't fun. It's a slog. Plus I was in one game that took over a half hour to finish.
Haha yeah, I was legit shocked when Deadline was good.

I'm going to avoid turkey day antics tomorrow. I'm thinking about streaming on Twitch or YouTube and playing crappy racing or adversary modes all day for shits. If anyone wants to join in, or has any recommendations, let me know. Should be hilarious.

Edit: Done

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mastah

GTA Online: Double Cash Modes, Creator Tool Update & More

DOUBLE GTA$ & RP IN DROP ZONE, POWER PLAY & KILL QUOTA​

PROPERTY AND VEHICLE DISCOUNTS, AND MORE

Properties

50% off Executive Offices
50% off Office Décor & Customization

Vehicles

50% off the Buzzard Attack Chopper
25% off the Vapid Desert Raid
25% off the Pegassi Reaper
25% off the Enus Windsor

STUNT PROPS NOW AVAILABLE IN DEATHMATCH, LAST TEAM STANDING & CAPTURE CREATORS

PREMIUM RACE: TURBINE (NOVEMBER 29TH - DECEMBER 7TH)

d48b20dfd668a565c40afe4308c93337683fc235.png

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...rm=newswire&utm_content=gtao-bonuses-11292016

snacknuts

we all knew her
I might finally redecorate my office for 50% off. Seems like a waste of money, but I've got like $14MM and nothing I want to buy.

Mastah

GTA Online: Import/Export Coming December

Stealing and dealing high-end vehicles is serious business. Building on the supply chains of Further Adventures in Finance and Felony, Import/Export introduces a whole new series of criminal pursuits as CEOs and their organizations boost, modify and resell the most wanted vehicles in the city for big profits. It will take talent, coordination and the tactical use of some brand new Special Vehicles to get the job done, all while staying one step ahead of the police and rival challengers from across the city and countryside.

New Vehicle Warehouses will house the results of your importing and exporting operations, while CEOs can also reap the fruits of their labor with expansions to the Executive Office buildings. Add massive Executive Office Garages with up to three floors of showroom quality storage for as many as 60 vehicles, complete with customizable décor and a Custom Auto Shop.

30043107bd601bef6d90d1bbc37494dc2128d068.jpg

95a6991931b6bf354b7e54aeef155a317e3bf7bb.jpg

3f610baf32fcf303f6d111abce3afc09cc540072.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...m=newswire&utm_content=gtao-iecoming-12022016

60 vehicle showroom, YES!

Top Bottom