• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Striker

The drip-fed cars:

CzqfbAqUoAAmRO-.jpg
Nero and retro Comet. Mine.

Maaan some people who don't have one seem to be really salty at those who do have a Ruiner 2000. I popped into a lobby and within two minutes of summoning mine and driving a bit someone came up behind me without noticing in a Buzzard and blew me up.

Wolfe

I got at least 20 million from the last money glitch, that one was by far the simplest I'd seen though, hadn't actually taken advantage of any prior to that. Yeah it's not likely you'd see any action taken against you from exploiting this.

Maaan some people who don't have one seem to be really salty at those who do have a Ruiner 2000. I popped into a lobby and within two minutes of summoning mine and driving a bit someone came up behind me without noticing in a Buzzard and blew me up.

Yep, I have one and people get mad just by seeing me drive around doing headhunter and etc.

Linius

Never had the chance to profit from a glitch,so I guess I'll try this one in a bit. Surprised it's still working since the reddit post is 3 days old already.

When you get hung up in a spot in the Rocket Voltic it's just an opportunity to do this.

Wish I could've aimed it a little better but yeah, I think it's the most fun vehicle even with all the Ruiner 2000 can do. The rocket can blow back cars and kill players if they're too close when it goes off, had a little fun with that.

Also finally starting to mess with the Rockstar Editor, didn't do anything with this one aside from cropping it before I crashed into the tree but that's going to take me awhile to get use to.

Linius

Lol, my first try and the game goes to the race in like 2 seconds. Didn't even had the chance to place a bet.

EDIT

Welp, figured it out, made 105K on the second try. Not too shabby

Oh wow, on the third try I ended up in duo's. Figured I'd bet on it anyways. When I got back in the game I was thrown out of the race and lost the 10K cash I had on hand. Very strange.

z89W7os.jpg

Put the first glitch money to some good use. All in all it cost me about 1,6 million. Was really surprised by the amount of options you have at Benny's for the inside of your car. Loving it.

New money glitch for consoles is out, similar to the lowrider glitch. Requirements are:

- CEO Office
- Office Garage
- LSC in the CEO Office
- Invite only session
- A friend in the session
- Buy 20 Elegy

Have fun console players, merry Christmas.

I do wonder if there will be bans handed out for these glitches at some point. When they do ban players, how does it work exactly? Is that particular console account banned from creating new characters, or do existing characters just get removed/reset?

I tried out the glitch but couldn't get it to work. I just couldn't get the timing down and I had other engagements to take care of in-game. I was with a few people who were nailing it every time though. *shrug*

I do wonder if there will be bans handed out for these glitches at some point. When they do ban players, how does it work exactly? Is that particular console account banned from creating new characters, or do existing characters just get removed/reset?

So many people were involved with the racing glitch that I think the only way they could "punish" anyone is so roll the servers back to late last week before people took advantage. *knock on wood*

That could potentially take away money from people who purchased Shark Cards and earned legitimate in-game money.

I don't think R* would risk the outcry and bad press. There will be a hot fix as soon as everyone settles in for the Monday workday.

snacknuts

we all knew her
The glitch was pretty inconsistent for me, but I still got to work enough times to pay for converting my Elegy to the custom model and for two garages and a custom auto shop at my office. If only there were a way to sell the three apartments I don't need anymore.

EDIT: Looks like the glitch has been fixed.
DOUBLE EDIT: So the glitch still works, but R* lowered bet limits to $1K instead of $10K, so the max payout you can get for doing it is something like $35K.

Vuze

Yep, they couldn't patch the exploit so they nerfed the payouts.
lol this is so Rockstar. They simply crippled car selling on PC since they couldn't get their shit together back in the day when you could just modify the sell price with fricken Cheat Engine.

Sorry if it's the wrong thread but I bought GTA V tonight. PS4 digital version.
It downloaded pretty quickly but the installation is not going so well: it's been stuck at 53% for a while and I don't know what to do.

Any advice please ? I'm not even sure I can delete and re-install it because it's not been fully installed in the first place.

Linius

Yeah, I saw the snow update is coming. Don't think it's confirmed yet but we should also get stuff like christmas trees at our houses etc.

Also, happy I exploited the glitch a bit more this afternoon. Sitting at about 4.7 million now. Already spent like 2 million on a car and weapons so I'm happy.

t0rment

Sorry if it's the wrong thread but I bought GTA V tonight. PS4 digital version.
It downloaded pretty quickly but the installation is not going so well: it's been stuck at 53% for a while and I don't know what to do.

Any advice please ? I'm not even sure I can delete and re-install it because it's not been fully installed in the first place.

press options > information, see if the game is fully downloaded.

press options > information, see if the game is fully downloaded.

Thanks, there's a notification telling me the game is installed but when I press options > information I can see that it's still downloading indeed. That's a bit weird but I guess I wasn't patient enough :)

The Nero is out, already bought mine. Sale on the Shotaro, Volatus and some other random stuff.

Apparently on consoles they raised the sale price of the cars, but also raised the timer. Some did the math and if it's true they nerfed the payouts per hour. GG R*

Vuze

The Nero is out, already bought mine. Sale on the Shotaro, Volatus and some other random stuff.

Apparently on consoles they raised the sale price of the cars, but also raised the timer. Some did the math and if it's true they nerfed the payouts per hour. GG R*
Is the Nero any good? Or just for the looks?

E: Christmas tree =)

Linius

This is regarding the CEO stuff from the new update?

I guess we can expect Rockstar to tweet the new promotion for the upcoming week right? And probably officially announce the new cars.

Is the Nero any good? Or just for the looks?

Not really sure tbh, some testers got good times, like 1:01 in Cutting Coroner's. But I still haven't raced with mine.

This is regarding the CEO stuff from the new update?

I guess we can expect Rockstar to tweet the new promotion for the upcoming week right? And probably officially announce the new cars.

Yes, expect the Rockstar Newswire to explain the details.

Broughy's test of the Nero and Nero Custom is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HtOY2mbCps

Ultimately the Nero Custom is fourth in the Super class, and the regular Nero is fifth. There's very little between the two variants, and they're behind the RE-7B, X80 Proto, and Tempesta. One thing they do have going for them is that they're both good at tight circuits and have a good top speed, so they're a reasonably good choice for all types of racing. The 811 is still easily the top speed king though.

lem0n

Broughy's test of the Nero and Nero Custom is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HtOY2mbCps

Ultimately the Nero Custom is fourth in the Super class, and the regular Nero is fifth. There's very little between the two variants, and they're behind the RE-7B, X80 Proto, and Tempesta. One thing they do have going for them is that they're both good at tight circuits and have a good top speed, so they're a reasonably good choice for all types of racing. The 811 is still easily the top speed king though.

Thanks for sharing, I liked that video, gave him a sub. I will probably replace my T20 with the standard Nero today. Also interesting that the 811 is the fastest overall, I gave it a pass when it released, now I'm thinking of getting one of those too lol

snacknuts

we all knew her
None of the supers have ever really interested me. I have an RE-7B for racing, but I basically never drive it around the city unless I am trying to win the longest jump challenge thing and I need the speed.

I haven't had the Longest Jump Challenge come up yet but oh man, that shit is has to be so broken now with the Ruiner 2000 (assuming the Parachute doesn't cancel it) and the Rocket Voltic.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I haven't had the Longest Jump Challenge come up yet but oh man, that shit is has to be so broken now with the Ruiner 2000 (assuming the Parachute doesn't cancel it) and the Rocket Voltic.

Apparently you can't use the Ruiner for that challenge, but you can use the Rocket Voltic. I haven't seen it yet myself, but that's pretty challenge-breaking. Ah well.

Speaking of the Rocket Voltic, this was brutal but hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BTi3hBVQY

Thanks for sharing, I liked that video, gave him a sub. I will probably replace my T20 with the standard Nero today. Also interesting that the 811 is the fastest overall, I gave it a pass when it released, now I'm thinking of getting one of those too lol
Broughy is the go to guy for all vehicle testing, if you look through his videos you'll see he's covered everything. Bear in mind though that he only tests them around his circuit (admittedly it's designed to feature a bit of everything), and for top speed. Also he's a seriously good racer, so with some of the 'trickier' cars he's able to get great times that most people would struggle to replicate. He'll generally mention that sort of thing in his videos though.

Apparently you can't use the Ruiner for that challenge, but you can use the Rocket Voltic. I haven't seen it yet myself, but that's pretty challenge-breaking. Ah well.

Figures seeing how far you can glide with the chute.

People don't seem too responsive to the Ruiner 2000's tasering effect when you try to enter the car with vehicle access restricted. I had someone try to get into mine and forgot to turn it off and before I could they got up and shot me. -.-

Speaking of the Rocket Voltic, this was brutal but hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2BTi3hBVQY

Love doing that though to other players which so far hasn't been taken well, I had one dude coming out of Ammunation late night and did it blew back through the doors and over the counter. You can blow back cars too if they're close enough.

Newswire post for the Festive Surprise is up:
60a1353e782f15c69c59cacc3f28a3ebc6823cd8.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...rprise-2016-Plus-New-Truffade-Nero-Supercar-M

The discounts this week are 25% off the following:

Vehicles: Enus Super Diamond, Nagasaki Shotaro, Resprays and Neons
Air Travel: Buckingham Nimbus and Volatus
Real Estate: Eclipse Towers Penthouses, Stilt Houses and High End Apartment Interiors
Ammu-Nation: Compact Grenade Launcher, Sweeper Shotgun, Mini SMG and Compact Rifle

Mastah

The GTA Online Festive Surprise 2016, Plus New Truffade Nero Supercar & More

60a1353e782f15c69c59cacc3f28a3ebc6823cd8.jpg

Get in the holiday spirit with new seasonally-themed Sweaters and Hats, along with all the returning classic Masks, Santa outfits and other festive clothing - all available to add to your inventory absolutely free now through January 9th.

Light up the streets with colorful new Bodysuits available for purchase from clothing stores; each with illumination settings to glow, pulse or flash. Or get lit like your drunk uncle with the Firework Launcher, returning to the shelves at Ammu-Nation (and under the trees of all the good little boys and girls in Southern San Andreas on Christmas Eve) to help you celebrate the holidays in explosive style while you wait for that rare Los Santos snowfall phenomenon.

NOW AVAILABLE AT BENNY'S: TRUFFADE NERO & NERO CUSTOM

Coming out of the holy modification temple known as Benny's Original Motor Works, the highly customizable Nero is easy on the eyes with its sleek design and also packs plenty of zip. And keep your eyes open throughout the holiday season for more special vehicle inventory updates at Benny's, as part of GTA Online: Import/Export.

FREE UNLOCKS: BOLD PINSTRIPE SMOKING JACKET & PAJAMA SET (12/20 - 1/02)

Available through Sunday January 2nd, log in to GTA Online to unlock the sophisticated Bold Pinstripe Smoking Jacket and Pajamas.

HOLIDAY BONUSES: DOUBLE GTA$ & RP IN TURF WARS + 25% OFF DISCOUNTS

The benefits of territorial battling continue as Double GTA$ & RP on the new Turf Wars Adversary Mode has been extended. Through this Thursday, December 22nd, stand your ground and paint your enemy's tiles at twice the profit.

Be your own Secret Santa and gift yourself with any of these GTA Online items, available at 25% off now through January 2nd - featuring everything from luxury vehicles and real estate to weaponry.

Vehicles: Enus Super Diamond, Nagasaki Shotaro, Resprays and Neons
Air Travel: Buckingham Nimbus and Volatus
Real Estate: Eclipse Towers Penthouses, Stilt Houses and High End Apartment Interiors
Ammu-Nation: Compact Grenade Launcher, Sweeper Shotgun, Mini SMG and Compact Rifle

PREMIUM RACE: PLUMMET

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ire&utm_content=gtao-festivesurprise-12202016

edit: Ooopsie, beaten.

Anyone having issues with setting an avatar on the R* social club site right now? I set one (SnapMatic selfie, or stock) and the page goes through the motions to save, but the avatar never updates.

Meh on those discounts, I do wish we could get a place with a ten car garage or just a 10 car garage outside of Los Santos though, kind of lame that after three years the best we can get is a six car one.

EDIT: Going through my old Snapmatic pictures (which for whatever reason I can't access my ones on the PC side) I'm reminded of my original failed attempt at making female character "Methany".

Top Bottom