• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

snacknuts

we all knew her
EDIT: Going through my old Snapmatic pictures (which for whatever reason I can't access my ones on the PC side) I'm reminded of my original failed attempt at making female character "Methany".

Oof. I think that gal tried to give me a lap dance at a strip club once that I enthusiastically declined.

EDIT: Going through my old Snapmatic pictures (which for whatever reason I can't access my ones on the PC side) I'm reminded of my original failed attempt at making female character "Methany".

Use that character edit option, yo. Keep messing with the settings and check out some tutorials.

Edit: Derp. I think I misunderstood the post. Don't mind me.

Vuze

Use that character edit option, yo. Keep messing with the settings and check out some tutorials.

bc7eBf7wBkiXppDNE2FZJg_0_0.jpg
Their char design was deliberate unless I misunderstood ;)
But yeah, my brother was so happy to finally be able to edit his character. Been rocking a butt-ugly female ever since started haha

Yeah, it was half intentional being on PS3 at the time I couldn't make a good looking female character and I ended up with that and I found it funny, my second attempt was better and there was some point where Rockstar reset something and got access appearance changing again and improved it, that version I transferred to PC where she actually looked okay on the transfer but I think I changed it for the worse with the tweaking, my main looked extra derpy though. I changed my main's face a bit now that we have access to it, I'll probably do it for my secondary too.

Only have the mug shots from last year from the transfer and the before and after.

Wolfe

Lol you guys thought that was bad? Dude over on the GTA forums by the name of LiveJoker or something like that, has an interesting lady character. Leeme see if I can dig an example up.

Ah yes, here we go:
IRLrpXB.jpg

Lol you guys thought that was bad? Dude over on the GTA forums by the name of LiveJoker or something like that, has an interesting lady character. Leeme see if I can dig an example up.

Ah yes, here we go:
IRLrpXB.jpg
Imagine the Heist cutscenes with that character! lmao

SiteSeer

stop quoting that image, i don't want to open this thread anymore. :p

just had an interesting session. for about 3 hours i was in a lobby with about 11 players doing our own thing, running missions, all peaceful. people start dropping out one after another until it was just a pair of guys in a biker gang and me. i thought it was still peaceful so i loaded up a mid-range car with 35k of mods and ready for delivery. i spawn outside my warehouse and one of the guys is standing there, smg in hand. i get blasted and spawn down the street, they've already got my car now and one is driving the other is running defense. now, i never instigate shit, but if someone steps up and messes with me, well, that's when the real gta begins for me. so, perfect time for some revenge with my new ruiner 2000. they scrap my car before i was able to get to recover, but one of them was stupid enough to sit outside the lot on his bike, lock on time with the ruiner was quick and a smoking scrap heap and burning corpse were all that was left of him and his bike. his friend pops out of the side and gets a quick retort with a homing missile on the ruiner, shit, a 5 minute cooldown for that sweet ride. so we go back and forth at street level across grove street and benny's. as i respawn once more, they regroup and drive off, i get to call in the ruiner once again, but the biker president starts a supply run, i can see they're now half way across the map in dodo planes with red packages. the ruiner would be no use here, so the pegasus hydra is called up. get in and its go time for some easy pickings. closest one is smack dab in the middle of the alamo sea, so i start my attack run, a miss, but no matter its just him alone. the jet's missile detection starts beeping without end as this guy has parked his plane in the water and is firing off homing missiles one after the other. a few minutes of evasive maneuvers should run out his missile supply, so i'm turning and twisting like crazy. ahhh, no more lock-on tones, i line him up like a sitting duck and blast his ass back to shore with a quick burst of explosive rounds, his drug supplies at the bottom of the water. now to go after his partner in paleto bay. fly around mount chilliad and he's waiting for me on the main strip, line this guy up too, but he's quick with his own homing missile. blasted out of the sky i spawn outside the church. put on my heist armor outfit as he rounds the corner of the church yard and i open up on him at 10 meters, a good kill, praise the lord. he drives off again to regroup and lo the ruiner is ready once more. i pursue him across the heights and depths of raton canyon, but he's too far gone, must be an off road bike tearing up the mountain side. ahh, but his friend is close, switch gears and meet the new target on the train tracks outside stab city. ruiner 2000 doesn't let me down, a quick lock-on over the crest of a small hill makes short work of this missile deficient biker. drive off toward the city to take on the biker president. over in vinewood, i see he's gotten his own hydra, i step out and wait with my homing launcher. but the tight residential neighborhood takes an expert pilot to navigate and with just the threat of a lock-on, he can't keep it together and suicides without a single shot fired into one of the prime properties of vinewood hills. back in my ruiner, i take a different tack and play a game of hunter and the hunted. mark 2 is now back in los santos and waiting by the beach houses to take off in his last supply plane. i wait too. he makes his move, i creep slowly. he's running down the beach and makes it to his dodo plane. i'm still creeping and park by a pile of rocks out of line of sight. the dodo is just off the surface of the water as i get out and blast it out of the water with a homing missile. but he already bailed and is neck deep in the tide. he swims up to the upside down dodo, climbs up on the pontoons with a sniper rifle in hand. well, i have a sniper rifle ready too and a few frantic shots later, his limb body slides off the side of the now sinking dodo. his friend is back now too, so i make a strategic retreat. i sit in the ruiner behind the gas station there off the great ocean highway. they make the mistake of getting in one car and take a missile to the tailpipe as they drive past, a twofer. i retreat down a few blocks again and wait. they split but one is heading right for me, i turn the corner and he's barreling straight at me in a civilian's car, in just a fraction of a second the ruiner has lock and i blast him, sending the flaming wreck right over my ruiner. another retreat and i see no activity from either of them. then one after the other they leave the lobby. yes! 35k avenged.

Ah yes, here we go:
IRLrpXB.jpg

Holy shit imagine waking up and having tat looking over you!

Striker

I played it a bit. It can get a little chaotic with the rockets, but yeah, overall nothing really interesting after a bit. Easy money though.

Broughy has tested the unreleased cars (Comet Retro, FCR1000 + Custom, Itali GTB + Custom, Specter + Custom):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQmoS36z3Y

Some interesting notes: around his test track the custom versions are slower than the standard ones due to spoiler vs downforce aspects. The customs need high speed corners in order to catch up, and I guess his track doesn't have enough of them. Nothing too impressive though, the previous vehicles released are faster in the Sports and Super classes.

I've played Turf War a couple times... Not a fan, partially because it depends on not getting paired with a random who isn't either a total failboater or a shit internet connection. Never mind I witnessed some shady, probably lag induced shit while playing it and having rockets blow me up before they hit me and a few times when I wasn't in line with them at all.

Broughy has tested the unreleased cars (Comet Retro, FCR1000 + Custom, Itali GTB + Custom, Specter + Custom):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQmoS36z3Y

Some interesting notes: around his test track the custom versions are slower than the standard ones due to spoiler vs downforce aspects. The customs need high speed corners in order to catch up, and I guess his track doesn't have enough of them. Nothing too impressive though, the previous vehicles released are faster in the Sports and Super classes.

Gonna hope that gets patched and fixed.

Well this is super overwhelming.

I was hoping there would be some more structure to the online initially but occasionally I seem to get a call about a typical NPC mission.

Still, I think I'm having fun!

I can't believe that after three goddamn years Rockstar hasn't added an option to disable NPCs on your contact list from nagging you with phone calls. I think the only thing that's gotten me killed more times than a phone call popping up in the middle of a shootout is being knocked down by a car grazing me and getting stuck in that animation.

Mastah

GTA Online: Festive Surprise Holiday Bonuses – Los Santos Snowfall, New Comet Retro Custom, Juggernaut Mode & More

With a rare snowfall phenomenon hitting Southern San Andreas (and all forecasts calling for it to last throughout the weekend and into Monday), there's sure to be blood in the snow this holiday with the launch of Juggernaut, a new Adversary Mode pitting armor-clad behemoths and their teams against each other in an all-out brawl for dominance. And while Santa may have his own preferred method of transportation, get ready to trounce Dasher and Dancer with the Comet Retro Custom upgrade, compliments of Benny's Original Motor Works. To further make spirits bright we're dishing out major bonuses and gifts to all, including Double GTA$ & RP opportunities, plus discounts, weapons, outfits and more.

NOW AVAILABLE: THE PFISTER COMET RETRO CUSTOM

a4957fa1fb1848b0623c116463612e89f5a9eaa9.png

DOUBLE GTA$ & RP IN THE NEW ADVERSARY MODE: JUGGERNAUT

To celebrate the launch of Juggernaut, we're offering Double GTA$ & RP in the mode now through Jan 1st - giving you the chance to spill some red while making that green. Don the suit and bring the holiday fear.

8b6f257961b37e5e06b85cdd64132dfc07c7057b.png

SNOWFALL, SNOWBALLS & HOLIDAY GIFTS

Dreams of a white Christmas are now a reality with the current snowfall phenomenon blanketing Los Santos and Blaine County to last well into the evening on Monday, December 26th. Not only does this mean you'll enjoy a picturesque holiday in GTA Online, but you'll also be able to mix it up with your friends and foes with some good old fashioned snowball fights (just press left on the D-pad to collect up to nine snowballs for your arsenal). The Weazel News Weather Desk is also calling for more of the white stuff on New Year’s weekend, but urge everybody to stay tuned throughout the week for more details as they become available.

On Christmas Day, we'll be stuffing the stockings of anyone who logs in to GTA Online with the Unicorn Mask and either the White Graphic or Blue Check Pajamas, plus enough hardware and munitions to line around that jumbo-sized tree of yours:

• Unicorn Mask
• Set of Pajamas (Either White Graphic or Blue Check)
• Fireworks Launcher plus 10 Fireworks rockets
• Carbine Rifle plus 200 rounds of Ammo
• Marksman Rifle plus 200 rounds of Ammo
• Basic Knuckle Dusters
• 25 Sticky Bombs
• 25 Grenades
• 5 Proximity Mines
• 5 Molotovs
• Full Snacks
• Full Armor

Also look for another especially explosive special gift when you log in on either Friday, December 23rd, Saturday December 24th or Monday, December 26th - the Fireworks Launcher plus 10 Fireworks rockets, along with a special Event Tee of our choosing.

50% BONUS CASH ON SELECT UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES (12/24 - 12/25)

If you're going to miss Santa's "Nice" list, you might as well miss by a mile. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day only, get 50% more from the following criminal activities:

• 50% more GTA$ on all Vehicle Exports
• 50% more GTA$ on all Biker Business Sales
• 50% more GTA$ on all Special Cargo Deliveries

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ire&utm_content=gtao-festivesurprise-12232016

So, I guess I need to be delivering cars this Saturday and Sunday. Solo only though because I don't trust randumbs.

When does the snow fall? Best time of the year in Los Santos!

There's snow on PC currently.

EDIT: My second custom plate finally went through, 100K for a "Knight" plate for my Ruiner 2000... Then I wasted another 23K because I apparently changed wheels and then had to change them again to fix it.

Yup, another job that can be easily and grossly unbalanced by people dropping out at the ready screen. If they aren't going to have auto balancing when that happens they should at least buff players who are handicapped.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
EU GAF: Anyone willing to try to beat the Criminal Mastermind challenge during holidays? Completing all heists in order, on hard difficulty, with the same team without losing a single life grants a single 10.000.000 GTA $ prize for each player.
If you have any tip please share ;)

Broke down and bought a Rocket Voltic. Definitely the most fun I've had goofing around with a vehicle in GTAO.

Bro, we gotta' hang out.

Oh and wow the import/export pay for associates is ass. I was doing my "gun for hire" thing in a pub session yesterday. Joined a random CEO and helped them retrieve and deliver a few cars. I think I earned maybe made around 30k in an hour. That was Securo payments on top of whatever lousy pay out for our completion of retrieval and delivery.

I gotta admit though, being a hired getaway driver does feel pretty bad ass. I was clearly a level above this guy, driving and gameplay wise. I must have looked awesome to him while I was dodging griefers and stalkers on the way back to the warehouse.

Kluster

Neo Member
Hey guys, I just got GTAV on sale for the ps4, are there still people playing this game ? I had it long time ago for Xbox360 but I wonder if will be able to find people to do heists online eventually :)

Hey guys, I just got GTAV on sale for the ps4, are there still people playing this game ? I had it long time ago for Xbox360 but I wonder if will be able to find people to do heists online eventually :)

I think the majority of the folks in this thread are on PS4. The GTA Online community is very active. The recent update has brought a lot of people back to the game. The new content forces you to play in a public session to make use of anything. It's common to drop into a freeroam session with a 20+ players right now.

Heists and VIP work are still the fastest ways to make cash without a substantial investment, afaik.

Feel free to send me a friend request through PSN: Randy_M_Green

I have a group of regulars that I play with who is mostly co-op based. We are a bit unorganized, but no one will turn down a heist or the opportunity to help a new player who's willing to pull their own weight.

Disktrasa

Banned
I have the usversion (digital) that i play on my euaccount.

IF i delete the game, buy it on eupsn, do you think i still can acces my onlinecharacter?

Spsaves will not work, that i know, but the question is if my onlinelevel still will be there :/

Anyone know?

Foffy

Banned
Quick question, fam.

Do your upgrades from businesses carry over if you change them? Like, say, you pick a different Weed factory or buy a different warehouse for Special Crates?

I happened to buy some of the expensive locations for the Bikers content, thinking they housed more content. Apparently this is not so, and coming back to the game for the recent expansion, well, I can't even start it...:(

A precariat even in GTA.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Quick question, fam.

Do your upgrades from businesses carry over if you change them? Like, say, you pick a different Weed factory or buy a different warehouse for Special Crates?

I happened to buy some of the expensive locations for the Bikers content, thinking they housed more content. Apparently this is not so, and coming back to the game for the recent expansion, well, I can't even start it...:(

A precariat even in GTA.

The upgrades for your crate warehouses (which are limited to delivery vehicles, AFAIK) will persist if you change locations. No such luck with MC businesses, apparently.

Tigress

How do I add garage space to my luxury apartment?

Most(all) luxury apartments have garages attached. There's no way to add more garage space (just buy more apartments or garages). The only thing you an add garage space to is the CEO office (up to 3 garages that fit 20 cars each).

snacknuts

we all knew her
I already have a CEO office, though, in the main Maze Bank building. Do I speak to my assistant and select renovate?

If you want to add a garage to your CEO office, load up the Dynasty 8 real estate site on your phone. Click on the office you own and a garage icon will pop up. Click that to configure and purchase.

Wolfe

If you want to add a garage to your CEO office, load up the Dynasty 8 real estate site on your phone. Click on the office you own and a garage icon will pop up. Click that to configure and purchase.

Ah, I had been wondering about how you go about doing that but hadn't actually looked into it. I'll have to check that out, might just replace a few of my 10 car garages with 2 car ones (or whatever I decide on replacing them with since I'm pretty sure you can't go down in properties right?) and move a bunch of those cars to the office.

I was watching Die Hard on the 25th (naturally) and now I'm contemplating moving into the Nakatomi building for shits. Though it seems to be in a rather inconvenient location.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'll have to check that out, might just replace a few of my 10 car garages with 2 car ones (or whatever I decide on replacing them with since I'm pretty sure you can't go down in properties right?)

Yes, unfortunately, you can only trade in properties and not sell them outright. I have three high-end apartments I don't need anymore, so I also need to get around to trading those in for two-car garages.

Wolfe

Well I'll consider it a good thing I never got around to picking up a sixth place yet lol.

Also last night I had some dummy in a buzzard notice me while I was attempting the time trial and he then proceeded to follow me trying to shower me with rockets...

I triangled (PS4) back to the start and tried to send him a text telling him he was dumb and that the TT puts me in passive (which should have been obvious as I was transparent to him) but he then left :p

Top Bottom