• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

SaberEdge

Makes it look kind of fake and too gamey. Look at the city pan in the beginning- it looks way too static, gamey, and fake. This is the cost of 60fps and why I'm not a fan save for multiplayer games. Everything else looks awesome and a decent step above the PS4 version, especially IQ.

The thing is, 60fps internet videos of games tend to have some of that "soap opera" effect, but when you actually play the games on PC at 60fps it doesn't have that effect at all.

Welp, people weren't exaggerating when they said GTA IV is unoptimized as fuck. 2600k oced to 4.4ghz, 780 Ti, 16 GB of RAM and the game dips below 60 fps too many times on max settings.

Carlius

Banned
I have had it ordered on nuuvem since early january..

I really hope they won't announce the keys being locked to Brazil day before release.

they dont do region locking but am pretty sure its not gonna be on steam, the nuuvem version specifically said it was rockstar only.

cripterion

Rockstar should give the PC version for free for those who own ps3/360 and ps4/Xbox one versions. Especially considering they sell non steam versions.

cripterion

Throw PC users who bought the game on last gen and next gen platforms and patiently waited a bone. Would give them a good rep that's for sure. I know you'll reply this is a business but not like the game hasn't raked enough money has it is.

I personally will only purchase the game if they fix online which I find atrocious on every platform. Can't get behind triple dipping for 60fps and new radio station alone.

Throw PC users who bought the game on last gen and next gen platforms and patiently waited a bone. Would give them a good rep that's for sure. I know you'll reply this is a business but not like the game hasn't raked enough money has it is.

One day you're gonna be 18 and the world will be great.

cripterion

One day you're gonna be 18 and the world will be great.

Lol couldn't you be any more condescending. I said "should" not "have". Disagree with the suggestion fine but no need for your bullshit reply especially considering you know nothing of my age and that there's a possibility I'm older than you.

cripterion

That would make it even worse.

Rockstar put a lot of effort into the PC version of the game! Porting games is hard. They probably want money for their efforts. If you double/triple-dipped, that's your own impatience's fault.

Worse? Cause I made the suggestion they make the game free for people who already purchased it twice full price on other platforms?
Yeah making games is hard, yet some companies still manage to give stuff for free, who could imagine?
Anyways, I'm done with your passive insults. Don't bother replying :)

Malcolm9

Business is business, Rockstar will want to make as much money as they can, so I don't see why anyone would think they should give the PC version free to last/current gen GTA V owners.

Your money, your choice.

cripterion

Business is business, Rockstar will want to make as much money as they can, so I don't see why anyone would think they should give the PC version free to last/current gen GTA V owners.

Your money, your choice.

I don't say they have to but they could, and seems it would bother some of you somehow, something I can't fathom. I never said they owed me anything.

Malcolm9

I don't say they have to but they could, and seems it would bother some of you somehow, something I can't fathom. I never said they owed me anything.

It doesn't bother me at all, I'm just stating the actual facts.

Rockstar put a lot of work in to the PC version, so your suggestion wouldn't ever come to fruition because of that.

I understand and acknowledge your point though, I don't mean to come across as dismissive, just realistic.

roytheone

The only reason why I can see Rockstar giving away a free copy of the PC version is to introduce console gamers to Rockstar's own digital shop, like how Valve gave away free PC versions of portal 2. But if you take in account the amount of games available on steam VS the Rockstar shop, that is still not a very logical thing to do.

Tygamr

I dunno why, but I'm just not feeling the 60 FPS trailer. I dunno, it just makes it have a more gamey look to it. I feel like it's because the animations seem more robotic at 60 FPS, and 30 masks it more? Or maybe I'm crazy. Or maybe it's because low budget TV is shot at higher resolutions and it's just hard wired into my brain because of that. Just looks so weird.

LilJoka

I dunno why, but I'm just not feeling the 60 FPS trailer. I dunno, it just makes it have a more gamey look to it. I feel like it's because the animations seem more robotic at 60 FPS, and 30 masks it more? Or maybe I'm crazy. Or maybe it's because low budget TV is shot at higher resolutions and it's just hard wired into my brain because of that. Just looks so weird.

It's because you are watching not playing. 60fps will make it easier on the eyes and the controls will feel way more responsive rather than stuck in custard.

Tygamr

It's because you are watching not playing. 60fps will make it easier on the eyes and the controls will feel way more responsive rather than stuck in custard.

I dunno. I play TLoU at 30 on PS4 because 60 is just too weird/uncanny/tacky/off feeling. Like some games are fine at 60, but others feel off to me? I can't explain it at all, and I know I'm in the minority.

Sarcasm

Everybody is different. Example is games at 30fps I can tolerate but I really can tell it is not 60fps. Last console I bought was a Dreamcast. So I been in pc for a long time and I have always preferred 60 and always obtain that fps so if I play something below 60 it is obvious, 30 more so than say 40 or 50.

And on the pc you can limit the fps even if the game doesn't have an ingame option to. Well most games you can. I wouldn't know since I strive for 60fps.

cripterion

It doesn't bother me at all, I'm just stating the actual facts.

Rockstar put a lot of work in to the PC version, so your suggestion wouldn't ever come to fruition because of that.

I understand and acknowledge your point though, I don't mean to come across as dismissive, just realistic.

Fair enough.
Like I said, I would be considering buying it once more if the online portion is revamped or at least functional.
I love Rockstar games but to me GTA V was less than stellar because it suffered from technical issues on launch partly due to the consoles being old gen, but they did bullshit us with the early trailers that looked that they were running on pc, delayed heists, and atrocious multiplayer component : it takes forever to get a good game going, it was absolutely broken on launch with the rollbacks and the players getting stuck in the first mission.
Whereas I had so much fun in GTA IV with its simple lobbies (on 360. It was impossible to find a decent amount of people on pc).

I didn't bother finishing the SP again on PS4 after having it done on 360, I bought it thinking the multiplayer would be much nicer and smoother experience but it's pretty much the same as on last gen, the increased number of players never coming into factor seeing as I never had a game with 16 people or more.

I need to know for sure that they fix this on PC before splunging money on the same game, (GTA V is 59,99€ on Steam here) despite the technical improvements that are due to the nature of the platform and not Rockstar wizardry.

LilJoka

I dunno. I play TLoU at 30 on PS4 because 60 is just too weird/uncanny/tacky/off feeling. Like some games are fine at 60, but others feel off to me? I can't explain it at all, and I know I'm in the minority.

No idea, but if you get it on PC you have the choice to run it however you like atleast

Worse? Cause I made the suggestion they make the game free for people who already purchased it twice full price on other platforms?
Yeah making games is hard, yet some companies still manage to give stuff for free, who could imagine?
Anyways, I'm done with your passive insults. Don't bother replying :)

You can always sell the PS3 and PS4 versions to fund the PC one. Buying the game on those platforms, does not necessarily mean they are indebted to you, as they simply sold a game to you on those platforms and that's that. The farthest they decided to go, was offering some extra cars and missions as a thank-you, and even that surprised me. Let's be honest, Rock$tar is one of the most money-hungry companies out there and the only reason the PC version comies out 18 months later, is money, money, money, fuck you, give me more money, I'll bleed you dry.

I only bought the PS3 version for £20, and not for me, but as a present to my little brother. I played it for about 4-5 hours last summer, loved it, and waited long and arduously for the PC version. Pre-ordered it from Steam yesterday. Can't wait...

cripterion

You can always sell the PS3 and PS4 versions to fund the PC one. Buying the game on those platforms, does not necessarily mean they are indebted to you, as they simply sold a game to you on those platforms and that's that. The farthest they decided to go, was offering some extra cars and missions as a thank-you, and even that surprised me. Let's be honest, Rock$tar is one of the most money-hungry companies out there and the only reason the PC version comies out 18 months later, is money, money, money, fuck you, give me more money, I'll bleed you dry.

I only bought the PS3 version for £20, and not for me, but as a present to my little brother. I played it for about 4-5 hours last summer, loved it, and waited long and arduously for the PC version. Pre-ordered it from Steam yesterday. Can't wait...

If I get that : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj9N5lZodH4

I won't have a problem spending money for it. While playing the SP on pc would be nice, it doesn't interest me as I've already completed the game.

But yeah...after all this wait it seems pc users are not really rewarded with much but I'll hold judgement until people get their hands on the game and confirm wether or not all portions are functional.

Not a bad idea. This way you don't have to pay for it again when the inevitable 4k/30fps Remaster comes out on PS5.

lol that would be really pushing it but It could happen.

Insomnium

Any Vietnam gaffers out there?
Let me take a look at it, I don't rememer seeing the 40$ price anywhere. Will check with my friend who is a reliable trader among the dota2/csgo trading community. Helped me buy bunch of games for cheap as well, if you are okay with that I can help you contact him

mhayze

I'm sure this stuff has been explained before in various posts (I tried to speed-read the last several pages) but if someone could confirm/summarize the digital options:

1. It sounds like there's a Steam version and R* Social Club version - correct? I have no experience with the latter, any issues / problems to know about?

2. Is the GMG (US) version a steam key or Social Club version (I assume the latter, but doesn't hurt to task)?

3. Is the steam version a full steamworks game?

4. There aren't any US steam discounts that don't involve circumventing regions, etc., correct?

1. It sounds like there's a Steam version and R* Social Club version - correct? I have no experience with the latter, any issues / problems to know about?

First question is correct, second question probably not, it remains to be seen.RSC has worked fine for me, so far, with MP3.

2. Is the GMG (US) version a steam key or Social Club version (I assume the latter, but doesn't hurt to task)?

As far as I know, every store except Steam offers RSC keys. The game's GMG page should say so, check it.

It will still need you to log in RSC before launching it. Steam is just an extra layer of DRM.

4. There aren't any US steam discounts that don't involve circumventing regions, etc., correct?

Doubtful.

Xyber

It will still need you to log in RSC before launching it. Steam is just an extra layer of DRM.

Not if they do it just like they did with MP3 (which I assume they would). You sign in to Social Club the first time you launch it before you press Start Game, set it to auto sign-in and never deal with it again.

Not if they do it just like they did with MP3 (which I assume they would). You sign in to Social Club the first time you launch it before you press Start Game, set it to auto sign-in and never deal with it again.

I really dislike how you have to wait for it to sign you in before pressing start to get to the main menu, when this wasn't the case on consoles.

Hip Hop

Any word on custom radio stations?

I feel like this will not show up in GTA V for some reason. Well, the fact that they seem to be pushing the "exclusive" radio station.

I'm just getting ready for the disappointment really.

Hristi

Any word on custom radio stations?

I feel like this will not show up in GTA V for some reason. Well, the fact that they seem to be pushing the "exclusive" radio station.

I'm just getting ready for the disappointment really.

Can't believe there's still no news of Independence FM on PC.

Xyber

Well, one really big reason to buy from Steam or Rockstar Warehouse instead of some other place is that you won't be able to pre-load until launch day because that's when the keys will be sent to the stores.

M7jwBx2.png

TSM

I remember someone posting about how the Steam version might be harder to mod or something. Is this bulllshit?

It depends. If you have auto updates enabled, then Steam will automatically update your game files and this will most likely break existing mods. Then you will be unable to roll the version back and have to wait for updates to the mods which may or may not come.

This is assuming their DRM doesn't interfere with mods in the first place. The drop in and out nature of their online integration may already be a nail in the coffin for mods. I know most people will be crying bullshit if people use mods to get an advantage/cheat online.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It seems that way (as in, with regard to the latter, you won't have to to download a huge installer to install the game and then register your key with Social Club). The Steam version will also use Social Club, though.

All keys sold outside of Steam are for Social Club.

Well, it supports achievements, at least. But think of it along the lines of a Uplay game -- Social Club will be layered on top.

Vietnamese users can buy region-free copies for $45, but I can't point you to one, I'm afraid.

laxu

It depends. If you have auto updates enabled, then Steam will automatically update your game files and this will most likely break existing mods. Then you will be unable to roll the version back and have to wait for updates to the mods which may or may not come.

This is assuming their DRM doesn't interfere with mods in the first place. The drop in and out nature of their online integration may already be a nail in the coffin for mods. I know most people will be crying bullshit if people use mods to get an advantage/cheat online.

Wouldn't Rockstar's Social Club do the updates automatically for physical copies as well? With GTA IV mods did work for all versions but at least with ENB some effects didn't work past 1.0.4.0. I played the game and the DLC on the latest versions modded to hell just fine.

I just hope R* have the sense to just prevent mods for online and allow them in SP.

cripterion

That's crazy.

Why?

Do you think a majority of the people that buy the pc version already own the game on last gen and next gen console as in most people buying the pc version are triple dippers?

Why would it be crazy? Is the same thing said when companies allow crossbuy?

Top Bottom