• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Trailer (60 FPS)

oneils

Finished the ps3 and ps4 versions. Didn't think I would buy the pc version. But now that I see this trailer...

will triple dip.

Hip Hop

im guessing even if bought from steam that to join friends a social club account will be needed regardless?

where do you even redeem a download code and download the game anyway if not steam?

I believe a Social Club will be needed regardless if playing single player or multiplayer.

Rockstar will basically be using their own launcher it looks like.

sueil

So after the 30 minute download I will have to sit there for a week with it on my hard drive and unable to play. Going to be hard.

Dinjoralo

... So, where will we be putting in codes for Rockstar social club? I looked everywhere on the website, no code redeeming page or download for a social club executable.

nkarafo

That's awful. How come you got it so bad?
If you don't mind me asking.
Mine isn't much better, i get like 500-550KB/sec maximum (400 most of the time). Even though i'm paying for an "up to 24Mbps" connection, i only get 1/5 or less of that speed. So, downloading this game will be a long journey and a pain.

And if i had to answer to your question, i would just say that i live in Greece, where everyone seem to only care about mobile internet speeds and nothing else (because it's the new hip thing), so no advancements/improvements for home connections for years. I have the same crappy speed ever since 2007 or 8 (it was decent back then i guess).

is this game really gonna be a 65GB download? Don't a lot of games have ridiculously high required space, but the actual game size is mostly 1/3 of it? I dunno. I hope that's the case anyway. 65GB is just ridiculous for my shitty internet.

Sarcasm

is this game really gonna be a 65GB download? Don't a lot of games have ridiculously high required space, but the actual game size is mostly 1/3 of it? I dunno. I hope that's the case anyway. 65GB is just ridiculous for my shitty internet.

No most likely some compression will happen. I am going to guess and say it probably be a 40gb download (+/- 10GB)

Derp

I'm pretty sure that's just the required HDD space. The download itself will probably be significantly less since it'll be compressed. Perhaps 30-40GB? But every game differs in terms of compression so all we can do is guess.

Neo 007

Quick question...
My home internet (300-450kbps) would be a pain to download this game.
If I take my laptop to my buddy's place and download it there (5-10mbps) can I copy the gamedata to my home pc..all the same Steam account?

Gangxxter

Quick question...
My home internet (300-450kbps) would be a pain to download this game.
If I take my laptop to my buddy's place and download it there (5-10mbps) can I copy the gamedata to my home pc..all the same Steam account?
Yes, no problem.

Komo

Banned
Hey guys,

Steam's listing GTA V as $74.99 USD here, and that's $96.95 AUD for me. Absolutely atrocious, imo

What's the most affordable and trustworthy place to get the game that isn't Steam?

LilJoka

Hey guys,

Steam's listing GTA V as $74.99 USD here, and that's $96.95 AUD for me. Absolutely atrocious, imo

What's the most affordable and trustworthy place to get the game that isn't Steam?

Gamersgate has a deal on for GTA V. Get $19 back in coins on the purchase.

Human_me

My Internet is 100-300kbs its a nightmare to download things.

However Fibre Optic should be enabled within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully it will be done sooner or later.

Hey guys,

Try Green Man Gaming. They typically have a VIP section if you create an account with them.
Or/and they will have a discount code of 20% you can apply onto the order.

Smash88

Banned
Just note that 3rd party sellers will not give you a Steam key.

My next question leading up to release is, when is the release on Tuesday. Is it at 12AM or at 1PM EST. Hope it's the former.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
In case anyone is interested the pre-load for GTA 5 will start on the 7th April for Steam and Rockstar Digital customers :-

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204657218

Nice, a week (give or take some hours). That's the longest pre-load period on Steam yet, just edging out the six-and-a-bit days Deep Silver gave people to download Gat out of Hell.

Hey guys,

It's ~USD$28.70 on Nuuvem. Use Hola or FlyVPN to buy it (the latter will work if the former doesn't).

bj00rn_

Banned
Hey guys,Steam's listing GTA V as $74.99 USD here, and that's $96.95 AUD for me. Absolutely atrocious, imo

Yeah, for some reason countries like Australia and Norway has some insane gaming prices on Steam (and not just Steam, everywhere else as well..). It's just extra painful when it's digital goods, it creates a bad feeling of being exploited for no good reason whatsoever.

Nzyme32

That's awful. How come you got it so bad?
If you don't mind me asking.

The area I live in the uk is a bit rural. Plus it isn't my place and I don't intend to stay too long in the area, so don't feel it is necessary to bring up the issue. It was a shock at first to move from a place with 8mb/s to this haha

Xyber

Hey guys,

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/

You need to use the Hola extension and set it to Brazil or Argentina to add the game to the cart. It's ~$30 and there is nothing fishy about their keys.

The one thing we don't know is if the keys might be region locked, but so far it doesn't look like it. Nuuvem always says if they are otherwise, but this is Rockstar and anything is possible with them..

Otherwise Greenmangaming is the cheapest with their discounts from what I've seen.

If anybody could help me out getting this, I'd be willing to give them $35 for it.

I really don't want to have to mess with VPN's or whatever.

Just install the Hola extension, you don't need to do anything really. Press 1 button to enable it and you are done.

roytheone

If anybody could help me out getting this, I'd be willing to give them $35 for it.

I really don't want to have to mess with VPN's or whatever.

For if Hola doesn't work for you (like with me, kept giving me a 401 error page), a quick FlyVPN guide:

1. Make an account at nuuvem.
2. Download FlyVPN: https://www.flyvpn.com/download
3. Log in using one of the free trail accounts: https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial
4. Connect to a brazilian VPN server
5. Go to nuuvem> log in > add to cart > check out using paypal.

That was the way I managed to buy the game successfully from the Netherlands.

Seanspeed

Banned
For if Hola doesn't work for you (like with me, kept giving me a 401 error page), a quick FlyVPN guide:

1. Make an account at nuuvem.
2. Download FlyVPN: https://www.flyvpn.com/download
3. Log in using one of the free trail accounts: https://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial
4. Connect to a brazilian VPN server
5. Go to nuuvem> log in > add to cart > check out using paypal.

That was the way I managed to buy the game successfully from the Netherlands.
Thanks. That's the kind of hassle I was hoping not to go through, though.

Hola through Chrome worked fine. Came out to £20 or so.

Fingers crossed now!

Denton

I have had it ordered on nuuvem since early january..

I really hope they won't announce the keys being locked to Brazil day before release.

Xyber

Gotta install Chrome, too....alright alright! In the name of saving money(hopefully).

What browser are you using? Hola should be available for pretty much anything. :p

----

Just re-installed Windows while doing my PC spring cleaning. Got enough room on the SSD for the game now, so that's nice.

Wow, $75 dollars is pretty steep, it's £40 here on UK Steam and the disc version is £30 which is like $44. Don't forget the £30 includes 20% tax so its £24 plus 20% tax which works out $37 including 8% sales tax.

I've seen the disc version and digital pre order range from £25-35, no vpn funny business needed. I bought the £30 disc. I don't think UK Steam would sell a copy at ~£60, which would be like the $75 US Steam.

EDIT, google is saying the US Steam is the standard $60. Not cheap but not $75 either. UK non Steam price is still very good compared to the US. £40 Steam is about on par as expected.

LilJoka

Thanks. That's the kind of hassle I was hoping not to go through, though.

Hola through Chrome worked fine. Came out to £20 or so.

Fingers crossed now!

Contacted nuuvem saying I'm buying in Brazil and want to activate whilst on holiday
First I got a generic response

Since we are only authorized to sell GTA V in South America, we can only grant that the game will work in this region, even if the game may work outside South America. So in order to avoid any issues with region locked, I recommend that you purchase this game on a local store in your country.

Additionally, don't use proxy, VPN or any other ways to avoid the GeoIP restriction applied to the purchase on Nuuvem, because we'll not be able to help you if you experience any problems on redeeming the key due to region locked.

Then I tried again

If you make your purchase in Brazil, you'll only be authorized to play this game in Brazil. We'll not help if you experience any issues due to region locking

Now im considering this
http://www.gamersgate.com/gtav

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
third time buying this game. PS3, PS4 and now PC. i can't help myself though and to be honest i really don't care. GTA is my favourite game series.

will pre order on 7th april to get the pre load. i really don't want to be sitting about waiting for a 65GB download to finish on launch day.

LilJoka

That Gamersgate deal seems good with getting the $20 of coins back. GMG still has it in their VIP deals for around $47. Both of those are non-Steam of course.

Not fussed about steam as you require to have RSC signed in either way. I can add as a non steam game to use the steam overlay. Only loss is cloud saves but maybe R* is handling that? Isn't a big deal to me though.

£9 more at GMG but don't have any money locked in as store credit like Gamersgate.

GavinUK86

Mine isn't much better, i get like 500-550KB/sec maximum (400 most of the time). Even though i'm paying for an "up to 24Mbps" connection, i only get 1/5 or less of that speed. So, downloading this game will be a long journey and a pain.

And if i had to answer to your question, i would just say that i live in Greece, where everyone seem to only care about mobile internet speeds and nothing else (because it's the new hip thing), so no advancements/improvements for home connections for years. I have the same crappy speed ever since 2007 or 8 (it was decent back then i guess).

The "up to" bit always get's ya. Marketing rubbish.

The area I live in the uk is a bit rural. Plus it isn't my place and I don't intend to stay too long in the area, so don't feel it is necessary to bring up the issue. It was a shock at first to move from a place with 8mb/s to this haha

Cool, you'll be downloading with a 100mb/s connection in no time!

feel

If you're in latin-america and want a cheap steam copy, get someone from Brazil to gift you a copy at around $30/35. Aaawww yiissss.

Nzyme32

Cool, you'll be downloading with a 100mb/s connection in no time!

I can't believe this - just found out that fibre gets to the house on the 14th - so we get jumped to 40mb/s......... how typical that I won't get it when I need it. Ah well, at least playing online won't be an issue

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have had it ordered on nuuvem since early january..

I really hope they won't announce the keys being locked to Brazil day before release.

I don't think it will be given the ROW sub is on use on Steam BR, but the possibility exists nonetheless.

Dinjoralo

I'm kinda hoping people will be able to peak into the pre-load files. That probably won't happen, but it's be cool if the people with technical knowhow could.

kabel

Reminder that the Steam version can be got as low as 45/46$ from Vietnam and it's completely region free.

You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose. If you do this, we may terminate your access to your Account.

I don't think that this would be a good idea...

Top Bottom