• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V reveal @ IGN tomorrow 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm GMT with exclusive gameplay #1

Because it's a fucking awesome gane and I want to play it with my friends again with improved framerate and visuals?

Your 360 data will transfer to your PS4.

im pretty sure you an transfer to any ng console you want.

It will transfer from your X360 to your PS4....its been confirmed for a while. This future is exclusieve to Playstation

8yCsH.gif

Thanks everyone. I thought the transfer only applies with 360 -> One and PS3 -> PS4. Guess I'll be getting the PS4 version after all.

Hoje0308

Banned
why are people sooo excited about a game that was released just a year ago =/

...no way any of you haven't played the game already since it did sell like 34 million copies -_-

Remarkably incisive and insightful. Except that you asked a question with more than one obvious answer and then made a statement that's demonstrably false.

OT: For a bit there, I thought R* was going to make us wait until release week.

bitoriginal

I'm so hyped for this, but I'm praying they use the power of the new machines to improve the NPC damage physics. I know they've ambiguously referred to improved damage effects, but it remains to be seen what that actually means.

It's the one thing that really let me down with GTAV, and I hope it was due to the limitations of previous consoles. Shooting someone in the leg in Red Dead and watching them limp away was infinitely more satisfying than blasting lifeless NPCs in GTAV who seem to just get up and run away after being shot in the leg. Fingers crossed.

kenta

Has no PEINS
I feel like you guys thinking your save data will transfer from 360 to PS4 are going to be disappointed. They said Grand Theft Auto Online character data will transfer via Social Club, but (correct me if I'm wrong), never said anything about single-player data

Unless you're all talking about Online in which case whatevs

Tawpgun

Gamersyde or bust.

When trying to compare a next gen port of a late last gen game I kinda wanna see the finer details IGN's player wont catch

Fjordson

Finally. Little surprised it's through IGN and not something R* themselves are putting out, but I'll take it.

This isn't about personal preferences unless you explicitly state so and the person I responded to didn't. The media/critics overwhelmingly picked TLOU.

Personally I thought Gtav was boring and sold it only 2 hours in. Willing to give it a second chance at some point though
Critics with bad taste maybe. TLOU was dull as a muh fucka.

Zok310

Banned
Loved it last gen. Hoping there is enought of an update to wow me.
Should take me away from destiny for some time finally.

Gurish

Both TLOU and GTA V got goty awards last year from reliable gaming media. My statement was based off my preference. Game(s) of the year I view them.
Yea some chose GTA, some chose Bioshock and Tomb Raider even, but the vast majority chose TLOU that it wasn't even close, and not only the media, even here on GAF it wasn't even close and TLOU smoked the competition, more so, on GAF GTAV finished 3, after the "hateful" Bioshock as well, so there is not really a way you can call GTA5 objectievely a GOTY, only as your opinion, not in the name of GAF or the media itself.

Finally. Little surprised it's through IGN and not something R* themselves are putting out, but I'll take it.

GAF as well ;)
sorry you are at the miniority here.

Hoje0308

Banned

And the guy you quoted thought the same about GTA5. I guess that means the critics that liked that game had bad taste too, huh? Can we please stop trying to turn this into a versus thread? Can't we just be excited to see GTA5 on new hardware?

Fjordson

Yea some chose GTA, some chose Bioshock and Tomb Raider even, but the vast majority chose TLOU that it wasn't even close, and not only the media, even here on GAF it wasn't even close and TLOU smoked the competition, more so, on GAF GTAV finished 3, after the "hateful" Bioshock as well, so there is not really a way you can call GTA5 objectievely a GOTY, only as your opinion, not in the name of GAF or the media itself.

And the guy you quoted thought the same about GTA5. I guess that means the critics that liked that game had bad taste too, huh? Can we please stop trying to turn this into a versus thread? Can't we just be excited to see GTA5 on new hardware?

Damn, people touchy today :lol easy friends.

This isn't about personal preferences unless you explicitly state so and the person I responded to didn't. The media/critics overwhelmingly picked TLOU.

Personally I thought Gtav was boring and sold it only 2 hours in. Willing to give it a second chance at some point though

Why? It's just prettier of the same. If you didn't like how it played, this wont change much. I'm the opposite though, I played TLOU remaster and it didn't hook me, so I understand preference for sure, but a prettier version of something you literally sold within 2 hours of paying $60 for doesn't make sense. If I had played TLOU original and sold it that quickly (seriously, 2 hours is FAST, holy shit) I wouldn't give a shit about the "remaster", it's still the same game!

Rembrandt

Banned

GAF as well ;)
sorry you are at the miniority here.

Lmao, GTAV was GOTY.

Easy. We're finished here.

Muffdraul

...no way any of you haven't played the game already since it did sell like 34 million copies -_-

Sep 2013
us: "Man, this game is pretty much just as awesome as I figured it would be. But still... the next gen is about to start. Imagine how much more awesome this would be if it was on next gen consoles. Shit... I hope they do a re-release."

Jun 2014
Rockstar: "Guess what, GTA fans? We're releasing GTA V on new the gen consoles."
us: "FUCK YES!!! SHOW IT TO US!!!"

Jul 2014
us: "SHOW IT TO US!!!"

Aug 2014
us: "C'MON SHOW IT TO US!!!"

Sep 2014
us: "Show it to us!"

Oct 2014
us: "Show it to us?"

Nov 2014
Rockstar: "OK, we'll show it to you now."
us: "FUCK YES FINALLY WOO HOO!!!"

Hoje0308

Banned
Damn, people touchy today :lol easy friends.

Well c'mon, it took less than four pages (for us 50 comment weirdos) for this to turn into another "The Last of Us sux/is the best game ever!" discussion. We've had it a million times and we always come to the conclusion that people have different tastes. Weird, right? I just thought we might be able to discuss what sounds like a really great game and be excited about that rather than having to substantiate its worth by means of comparison. And by comparison I mean exalting one and shitting on the other.

Tobor

I consider my time with the PS3 version the same as messing around with a Beta.

The real release is Nov 18th.

Wonderllama

Neo Member
It's probably a good thing that I never finished playing the story. I never even got to Trevor! Here you have this big epic game, and the main thing I used to do was racing.

I'll buy it to finish the story, race some more, and hopefully get to experience what a next-gen heist would play like.

Fjordson

Well c'mon, it took less than four pages (for us 50 comment weirdos) for this to turn into another "The Last of Us sux/is the best game ever!" discussion. We've had it a million times and we always come to the conclusion that people have different tastes. Weird, right? I just thought we might be able to discuss what sounds like a really great game and be excited about that rather than having to substantiate its worth by means of comparison. And by comparison I mean exalting one and shitting on the other.
It's just people posting video game opinions on a video game forum. S'all good.

Hoje0308

Banned
It's just people posting video game opinions on a video game forum. S'all good.

I'll just drop it then. The more I complain the more chance there is of someone being like, "What are they talking about?" and then deciding to chime in on why one is the game of the forever and the other sucks donkey dicks.

Just ninja editing my post since IGN's latest tweet :D

I like CVG's coverage of GTAV but they don't have a lot of credibility. The GTAV-oclock podcast/youtube show was great but they were pretty inaccurate with almost everything that wasn't obvious, and just chase rumors. Prior to V coming out and GTA Online, their previews were fairly inaccurate and way too hyperbolic, like "With GTA Online, you may never need to play another game again..." without any mention of everything that made that mode horrible.

dreamfall

Any news on this? Pitchfork is saying the entire soundtrack collection is coming to vinyl! Newly updated stations and all- this is massive! Here!

0a2dc4b3.jpg

Holy gooooooodness! THE GTA V NEWS IS INCOMING!

Furyous

My PS3 stopped working 24 hours before this game hit store shelves. My excitement comes from not playing the game in the first place. I can't wait to blow money real fast in this game. Is there was a mansion available to buy in this game?

Is there anyway someone can post the unique GTA moments using the shared function on your console?

Top Bottom