• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

Damerman

I sure do love being treated like a second class citizen.

this actually undermines the real bullshit that some people go through because of social injustices. ITS AN EXTA 2 MONTHS! worst of all, ITS A VIDYA GAME! read a book on physics in the mean time or something. calm down, its not that serious.

this actually undermines the real bullshit that some people go through because of social injustices. ITS AN EXTA 2 MONTHS! worst of all, ITS A VIDYA GAME! read a book on physics in the mean time or something. calm down, its not that serious.

Huh...ok then. I mean I get what you are saying but people have a right to be annoyed that as a PC user we have to wait a lot longer usually.

Getting my new rig in Dec/Jan. So this pretty much worked perfectly for me.

Unless they offer a ps3/ps4 upgrade, which i doubt. I'll just wait.

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
I don't want to sound like a whiner but I think the PC release date is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I held out long enough, Rockstar's adamancy in providing information for this long about the state of the PC release has honestly just made me lose all interest in the game.

I'm not buying this, I'm not pirating this. I think I'm just moving on and I'm fairly confident in my decision to no longer invest in Rockstar's products.

Carlius

Banned
its all good. makes sense to me, the next couple of months are going ot be bloated. i like the pc being january, not an issue here

feel

quadruple-

then
PS3
then
PS4
then PC

because why not?
Rockstar wins

1375559760_img_ehk0clepk62.jpg

FUCKING SEAPLANE!

I was wishing for that very thing while playing the game a couple of days ago. Either that or a helicopter that floats on water. The big cargo chopper looks like it should float, and it pretends to float when you land it on water, but as soon as you hop out it sinks. Seaplane and float-chopper-related shenanigans make up some of my finest memories from San Andreas.

bj00rn_

Banned
Fuck you too Rockstar.. I'm sad and annoyed, but will still buy your game..again.. Sorry for not bending over to buy it a third time :(

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
One day we'll get a GTA game that is playable without lock-on/auto-aim. Maybe.

Maybe not.
I play GTA V without auto aim and find it to be a FAR better experience. The gunplay is very flawed yes, but it's definitely the best in the series and the first GTA that is best played without auto aim.

Buzzati

Banned
Nowadays being a PC user is the exact equivalent of being put on cattle carts and trudged to zyclon b stalls in auschwitz.

The struggle we face will not end in vain - I swear to you meine Brüder.

c0Zm1c

I don't want to sound like a whiner but I think the PC release date is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I held out long enough, Rockstar's adamancy in providing information for this long about the state of the PC release has honestly just made me lose all interest in the game.

I'm not buying this, I'm not pirating this. I think I'm just moving on and I'm fairly confident in my decision to no longer invest in Rockstar's products.
It has soured things for many PC gamers I think. After that huge petition to then announce the games release alongside console versions, it felt like the company was for the first time in years doing things right by PC gamers. Now? It's almost like they're trolling. Oh well...

Certinty

One day we'll get a GTA game that is playable without lock-on/auto-aim. Maybe.

Maybe not.
I achieved 100% without using any aiming assists. I don't get the hate for the shooting at all, I agree it's nothing amazing but it's not anything bad either. Considering how bad the shooting is in previous GTA titles we should just be glad that this one is actually tolerable at the very least.

MrGlass

It would've been nice if they had a system to allow people to transfer their single player saves. If i double dip i would probably go from 360 > PS4 but i don't want to play the single player again. I would mainly play it online which i missed out on last time round because i didn't want to pay for Live.

Carlius

Banned
30 million sales wasnt enought for rockstar. so delay pc and get more on consoles. its just greedy as hell if you ask me. goes well beyond and above the simple market structure. funny thing is, a lot of people will be tired of this crap and they will buy the game on sale, then rockstar will blame pc gaming not being a viable platform.

rbenchley

Why would they delay it so much though? All the consoles are basically PCs at this point, with consoles being low to mid end.

Because even though PC and console hardware might be the same, the economics are not. Assuming that technical issues are not the reason for the delay, Rockstar probably examined issues like potential piracy, PC gamers being conditioned to wait for Steam sales, and probably a million other things, crunched some numbers and determined that this would yield the largest profits. It would be nice if they released the PC version on the same day as the PS4 and Xbone versions, but waiting a little longer isn't a big deal. Rockstar is under no obligation to cater specifically to my interests, just as I'm under no obligation to purchase the game. I like the GTA games, but I'm not a huge fan, so I would probably wait until next summer's sale regardless of when it launches.

theRizzle

Yeaaaaaah finally!

I was worried it wasn't going to be until after Christmas. I pretty much mainlined the story missions on my roommates PS3 'cause I figured a next-gen version would be coming eventually.

Now I can finally get my GTA on for real.

Bullshit release date on PC, as always. Will probably get on a Steam Sale now, unless they release Heists on the online mode, but I doubt it. Would be a day one if it was the same release date as consoles, but not now.

Ishida

Banned
Bullshit release date on PC, as always. Will probably get on a Steam Sale now, unless they release Heists on the online mode, but I doubt it. Would be a day one if it was the same release date as consoles, but not now.

I don't understand this line of thinking. What's your objective? To "take revenge on those evil Rockstar people"? Yeah, that'll sure show them!

I thought PC gamers were already used to this kind of stuff? Getting ports late, getting badly optimized ports, or not getting ports at all.

Just get the game and enjoy it. No need to be angry, salty or vengeful.

Zimbardo

i'll buy the PC version, but since R* likes delays on PC, i will delay my purchase of it as well.

so much other stuff to play anyway.

I don't understand this line of thinking. What's your objective? To "take revenge on those evil Rockstar people"? Yeah, that'll sure show them!

I thought PC gamers were already used to this kind of stuff? Getting ports late, getting badly optimized ports, or not getting ports at all.

Just get the game and enjoy it. No need to be angry, salty or vengeful.

That is how I think, I don't care if you don't like it. I'll get it on a sale, if I even get it at all, end of story.

I'm not going to support a company that treats PC as a second class customer. So I don't buy bad optimized ports, etc.

Fjordson

Some of these PC conspiracy theories are crazy. "Disdain for the platform", "more piracy", lmao. Y'all gots to chill.

I just hope the PC port is good when it finally does drop. I have faith R*!

orava

I wonder if the xbox one and ps4 ports have any problems with performance. These are the first current gen games from rockstar afaik.

Kssio_Aug

30 million sales wasnt enought for rockstar. so delay pc and get more on consoles. its just greedy as hell if you ask me. goes well beyond and above the simple market structure. funny thing is, a lot of people will be tired of this crap and they will buy the game on sale, then rockstar will blame pc gaming not being a viable platform.

The truth is however that most of the complainers will still buy it at launch.

But honestly, I think you all are overracting a bit. Certainly the PC version wasnt released at PS3/X360 time frame because they were working on the Xone/PS4 version at that same time, and obviously the PC version would receive the current gen treatment. That said its not like the PC version is already delayed for months, it in reality will delay only 2 months (because it is the current gen version of the game).

And it is better to delay 2 months and release something decent, rather then a bad port.

I know that DriveClub is not a port, but it is a good example that delays sometimes are for the best.

woen

Some of these PC conspiracy theories are crazy. "Disdain for the platform", "more piracy", lmao. Y'all gots to chill.

I just hope the PC port is good when it finally does drop. I have faith R*!

They're just embittered and frustrated, like little children. Nothing important.

Cragvis

Nowadays being a PC user is the exact equivalent of being put on cattle carts and trudged to zyclon b stalls in auschwitz.

The struggle we face will not end in vain - I swear to you meine Brüder.

Did you just directly compare being a pc player with being a victim of the holocaust?

wow

get a ps4 brah....then enjoy it till the pc comes out and we can mod it in harmony.

Top Bottom