• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

Some of these PC conspiracy theories are crazy. "Disdain for the platform", "more piracy", lmao. Y'all gots to chill.

I just hope the PC port is good when it finally does drop. I have faith R*!

My thought process wasn't "zomg cockstar hates PC" but "ugh, we're getting it later. Welp, I guess I'll get the console one too"

Some Nobody

I wonder what the budget for these next-gen ports are. Like, those are a LOT of changes to add. No way this came in at the price of most ports.

Syrus

Banned
I think dragon age will be fine, its a difference t audience th GTA or CoD. Far cry may suffer the most.

I'm passing on far cry but I may get this......DA I'm more pumped about

Buzzati

Banned
Did you just directly compare being a pc player with being a victim of the holocaust?

wow

get a ps4 brah....then enjoy it till the pc comes out and we can mod it in harmony.

Prove to me that the death cells in nazi germany were any worse than waiting an excruciatating and debilitating 2 months for GTA V. Go on , prove it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
GTAV this holiday for PS4, GTAV next holiday after Steam sale and with that I'll have bought the game three times. And I'm looking forward to it.

kewlmyc

Bullshit release date on PC, as always. Will probably get on a Steam Sale now, unless they release Heists on the online mode, but I doubt it. Would be a day one if it was the same release date as consoles, but not now.

Another fucking delay? I'm out, will buy for $5 in a sale instead. Fuck you Rockstar.

Will spend my $50 on another game instead.

I sure do love being treated like a second class citizen.

This, goddammit Rockstar. Treating PC users like second-class citizens for 15 years :/.

The bitching in this thread is pathetic. It got delayed 2 months, boo hoo. It's not as if they're not bringing it at all. Overreaction much?

On Demand

Banned
They probably thought about releasing it as an all-in-one package on the PS4/X1/PC, but they realized people would pay for it again.

Ugh. I was hoping they would release it with the game. That would be a really good reason to buy the next gen versions besides better visuals.

Oh well.

Momentary

Banned
The bitching in this thread is pathetic. It got delayed 2 months, boo hoo. It's not as if they're not bringing it at all. Overreaction much?

I wonder if it was the other way around. Anyway... that console only exclusivity money for 2 months must be good. Gotta push that system seller and get those multi copy buyers in our pockets.

I think dragon age will be fine, its a difference t audience th GTA or CoD. Far cry may suffer the most.

I'm passing on far cry but I may get this......DA I'm more pumped about

Dragon Age may bomb compared to the last mainline game in the series. I don't see any real anticipation for it.

ahartig

I read through the first few pages and couldnt find it, Any word on if SP game progression from the PS3 or 360 version will transfer over?

Damerman

I wonder if it was the other way around. Anyway... that console only exclusivity money for 2 months must be good. Gotta push that system seller and get those multi copy buyers in our pockets.

what do you mean other way around? i want to get it on PC... I'm not bitching about the release. There are plenty of games to play until january on PC.

If the story hear had been "PC and XB1 version coming November 18th, PS4 coming January 27th", with absolutely no reason given (or just "needs more time"), half of Edinburgh would be on fire at this point.

Should people not complain about the Rise of the Tomb Raider deal, because they'll get it eventually anyway?

c0Zm1c

I'm as annoyed as the next PC gamer (but trying to see the funny side!) but I would love to see the reaction to a fully staggered release. Xbox One version in November, PS4 in May 2015 and PC in November 2015. It would put things in perspective for everyone.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the story hear had been "PC and XB1 version coming November 18th, PS4 coming January 27th", with absolutely no reason given (or just "needs more time"), half of Edinburgh would be on fire at this point.

Should people not complain about the Rise of the Tomb Raider deal, because they'll get it eventually anyway?

Those are two totally different things. In your hypothetical example the PS4 version would have been delayed because MS paid for it to be delayed.

In reality neither MS or Sony paid for the PC version to be delayed because they don't give a shit.

Ethelwulf

To all those PC gamers upset about Rockstar releasing GTAV until 2015, just remember that this company has earned its reputation on delivering polished products. What about they simply didn't want to release the game this November because it's not ready and they just want to offer the best possible, so a couple of months extra. Could this be possible?

Ishida

Banned
That is how I think, I don't care if you don't like it. I'll get it on a sale, if I even get it at all, end of story.

I'm not going to support a company that treats PC as a second class customer. So I don't buy bad optimized ports, etc.

Chill out man, you can do whatever you want. It's just that I think you guys should be used to this kind of stuff, that's all. To many companies, PC is just an afterthought, no big deal.

To all those PC gamers upset about Rockstar releasing GTAV until 2015, just remember that this company has earned its reputation on delivering polished products. What about they simply didn't want to release the game this November because it's not ready and they just want to offer the best possible, so a couple of months extra. Could this be possible?

When it comes to PC Rockstar never had such a reputation though.

Palocca

Wow, I'm really impressed with how much better it looks. Everything looks so much more vibrant and cleaner. I wasn't really interested in double dipping, but that trailer is making me second guess myself.

I'm waiting for this on pc as well I have not played it yet I prefer open world on pc.
I've played a bit on 360 and the performance left much to be desired. Good bit of fun though.

I too prefer open world on PC, so I guess I'll return to Sleeping Dogs while I wait I guess. I won't buy it day one but I'm sure someone will gift it to me, since my birthday is only 4 days after.

Those are two totally different things. In your hypothetical example the PS4 version would have been delayed because MS paid for it to be delayed.

In reality neither MS or Sony paid for the PC version to be delayed because they don't give a shit.

Sure the reasoning is different, but in the end it's the same thing. The game is coming to some platforms later due to a decision made by the publisher. SE could have chosen to fully fund the game themselves and release it on platforms simultaneously, but they believed this deal would be better. By getting to release it on other platforms later, they obviously feel they can "have their cake and eat it".

R* either A) didn't want to commit the necessary resources to get the PC release out at the same time, despite having a considerable global network of studios or B) they delayed the PC version to reduce what they perceive will be a piracy-related drain on they're sales, while maximizing the sales potential from those who can't wait and will double (or triple) dip, as some in this thread have said they will do.

Spy

Is Grand Theft Auto V, Far Cry 4, LittleBigPlanet 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Project Cars really coming out on the same day? Surely a few will have their release dates moved up or down?

Top Bottom