• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

eyeless

what the fuck

one year long delay wasn't enough

we can't even get release parity for a year late fucking remaster

jesus christ

being regarded like shit gets old, and rockstar has taken it to that next level

f0nz0

1st time ever that I will double dip.. But I traded my copy in as soon as I finished the story.. I really didn't explore much of the city.. Stoked to play it on the ps4

kewlmyc

If the story hear had been "PC and XB1 version coming November 18th, PS4 coming January 27th", with absolutely no reason given (or just "needs more time"), half of Edinburgh would be on fire at this point.

Should people not complain about the Rise of the Tomb Raider deal, because they'll get it eventually anyway?

What does Rise of the Tomb Raider have to do with this? If Rise of the Tomb Raider PS4 was announced at the same time as the Xbone version, but released 2 months afterward, then it would be a good analogy, but it isn't.

PC versions have way more options than console versions of games, which has always been the case. Yeah it sucks the PC version was delayed, but the "FUCK YOU ROCKSTAR, WHY DO YOU HATE PC GAMES SO MUCH" reactions seem a bit much since this is a company which is known to skip PC versions if they feel like it (RDR). A two month delay seems pretty minimum for the reactions it's getting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow, decisions to make to avoid full-on triple dip.

Skip the consoles and wait for PC, or get the PS4, and wait a couple years for $5-10 Steam Sale.

Cyriades

lol, I would hate to be a PC gamer.

54207942.jpg

IMACOMPUTA

what the fuck

one year long delay wasn't enough

we can't even get release parity for a year late fucking remaster

jesus christ

being regarded like shit gets old, and rockstar has taken it to that next level
The fuck are you on about? If this delay keeps it from being the PC port GTA IV was you should be extremely happy they're taking an extra 2 months.

KZObsessed

I was gonna skip this remaster but ehhhh think I'll get it for PS4.

I think by November I'll be in the mood for another playthrough.

Jonm1010

Banned
The PC delay is pretty simple. Rockstar's bread and butter is consoles. So consoles get priority. The pc is secondary. A later release date is the reflection of that. Though I am sure the thought has passed many of minds that a later release date could entice double and triple dipping.

orava

An extra two months would not have solved GTA IV's problems. So don't tell people how they should feel about something.

Well that's not really true at all. With GTA IV, The first patch was released about week from release and it fixed lot of things. Next patch was couple weeks from that.

The fuck are you on about? If this delay keeps it from being the PC port GTA IV was you should be extremely happy they're taking an extra 2 months.

I don't think there's a correlation between a port being delayed/coming at a later date, and it actually being good. There's been plenty of good ports that have been released at the same time as on consoles, and there's been awful ports that have come months later.

eyeless

i was hoping during the first year long delay perhaps they would have been able to achieve a functioning video game, if not then why the year delay

and the prospect of them selling a functional product is not comforting as justification for a second delay on top of an already one year delay, a functional product is the bare minimum of my expectation

edit: and a two month delay would have been palatable, so low are my expectations at this point, but not 16 months, not a further delay, not a delay until after consoles which weren't even out at the time of release get an hd remaster

Well that's not really true at all. With GTA IV, The first patch was released about week from release and it fixed lot of things. Next patch was couple weeks from that.

I have problems getting it to run at max settings and 60fps on a modern rig. A two month delay would not have changed this.

If they couldn't get it running right in over a year, I don't think 2 months is going to change much.

They're releasing it later because they want to, not have to. The optimization will be whatever they feel like putting into it, whether it's released the same day or 6 months later.

Why doesn't it mention the 30 players for PC too? It just says PS4/X1

The PC version might support more, but they don't want to kill the ps4/xb1 hype.

GTA Online has potential to be so much more yet they haven't done anything with it. Just look at Arma 3 Altis Life and you will see what I'm talking about.

You guys need to vote with your money, people always say it. I was all in day 1 to get GTA V on pc day one but since Rockstar are a bunch of dickheads i will not buy their fucking game until it is 10 dollars or less. Fuck you Rockstar.

cnorwood

Banned
I cant wait for this, The last gen version just couldnt do it for me. Every time I played I could just tell that this game was really meant for next gen systems. I had fun on last gen but I really want to play the true definitive version of GTAV

Man that would be pure, glorious chaos.

It's not that far fetched either, if Rockstar doesn't do it modded servers are inevitable. I saw a 50 player GTAIV server in Episodes for Liberty City once, couldn't join it without the files but the option will be out there.

You guys need to vote with your money, people always say it. I was all in day 1 to get GTA V on pc day one but since Rockstar are a bunch of dickheads i will not buy their fucking game until it is 10 dollars or less. Fuck you Rockstar.

Voting with our wallets doesn't matter if we're fine with what they're doing.

dreamfall

I have problems getting it to run at max settings and 60fps on a modern rig. A two month delay would not have changed this.

Pretty much this.

It was a severely unoptimized port- night shadow flickering, slow texture load in, framerate instability, no AA etc.

In spite of all this, I enjoyed my time with it on the PC- it's always installed to hop in when GFWL stopped updating. It can be beautiful in it's own right; I'm thinking this go around we get a great PC port!

Omega

Banned

i'm not getting it at all. im sure it's a good game but whatever.

Maybe when I upgrade my PC there will be a code to download the game with a graphics card

It's not that far fetched either, if Rockstar doesn't do it modded servers are inevitable. I saw a 50 player GTAIV server in Episodes for Liberty City once, couldn't join it without the files but the option will be out there.
I don't like playing on modded servers where cheating can happen, I want it on official.

Hubble

I am surprised they haven't announced any SP DLC for GTA4 on last gen consoles while the game was hot. I have a feeling there holding out on it until this release.

orava

In addition to tweaking the game, that couple months gives them time to advertise PC specific features. It is a completely different customer group with different needs compared to console gamers.

The console ports are pretty much the same but there are some differences in the PC version like the video editor etc. They have also only talked about the console multiplayer player numbers and features.

ref

I'm fine with waiting a couple months for the PC port as long as it's optimized.

Rockstar has been better lately with the ports (MP3) so I'm hoping GTAV is optimized well, and not a repeat of GTA4.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that PC release delay.

I want to get it there, but I'd happily pick it up on PS4 if it turns out the port job is not well done and the performance is shit. That's all I really want to know before making a decision.

Oh well, I've waited this long and there's plenty of stuff to play at the end of the year. I suppose I can wait until January.

Top Bottom