• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PS4/Xbox One coming November 18th, PC coming January 27th

I think I'm going to renew gamefly for two months and rent the PS4 version while I wait on the PC release lmao. Definitely beats triple-dipping but I know the 2 month wait will be unbearable and I'd probably end up buying it.

Will definitely soften the blow of them delaying the PC release yet again.

nikos

Will double dip on PS4 and MAYBE triple dip on PC again.

Loved the game. I don't usually play through games twice, but this will be an exception. Looks like a great update!

You guys need to vote with your money, people always say it. I was all in day 1 to get GTA V on pc day one but since Rockstar are a bunch of dickheads i will not buy their fucking game until it is 10 dollars or less. Fuck you Rockstar.

From someone that works with devs / pubs reguraly trust me this doesn't work.

It lowers the revenue they receive and thus lowers the future priority of further installments. If you want "better treatment" then buy it close to launch as long as the quality of the port is good

From someone that works with devs / pubs reguraly trust me this doesn't work.

It lowers the revenue they receive and thus lowers the future priority of further installments. If you want "better treatment" then buy it close to launch as long as the quality of the port is good

Why should anyone do that when the treatment we receive now is nothing but horse shit from devs like Rockstar? Many in this thread have already say things like "PC gamers make me sick. You should just be happy you're getting the game"

Yeah, first of all, there is no reason the PC version shouldn't release side by side with Xbox One and PS4. Second, if this game comes to PC as a poorly optimized piece of dogshit on top of the delay, PC gamers will never let Rockstar hear the end of it. It won't be good for business.

Ishida

Banned
Why should anyone do that when the treatment we receive now is nothing but horse shit from devs like Rockstar? Many in this thread have already say things like "PC gamers make me sick. You should just be happy you're getting the game"

Yeah, first of all, there is no reason the PC version shouldn't release side by side with Xbox One and PS4. Second, if this game comes to PC as a poorly optimized piece of dogshit on top of the delay, PC gamers will never let Rockstar hear the end of it. It won't be good for business.

Well it's true, PC gamers should be happy Rockstar is actually releasing the game on their platforms.

"Waiting for 10 bucks" and "Not getting the game now" are idiotic responses that will only make Rockstar consider the PC platform even less.

HereticJ

It's hilarious how so many PC gamers make a point in every GTA V thread to point out how happy they are they've decided to wait for the "best version," then cry about Rockstar being such horrible people for releasing it later. Just play it on an available system now, play it on PC later. Having the "best" experience isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Well it's true, PC gamers should be happy Rockstar is actually releasing the game on their platforms.

"Waiting for 10 bucks" and "Not getting the game now" are idiotic responses that will only make Rockstar consider the PC platform even less

Gotta give a little to get a little

Delaying the game and sticking it to PC gamers(likely just for a laugh)just doesn't make a lot of sense and isn't helping your rep with PC gamers. Yeah, let's make the NEW consoles with a combined install base of 15-17 million a priority over the 75 million(on Steam alone)

Yeah, makes total sense. lol Made perfect sense with 360 and PS3. Not really an excuse with the new consoles.

looking forward to upgrading.

edit:
wow at the reactions to the January release

"OH NO! NOT TWO MONTHS! THE HORROR.....THE FUCKING HORROR!"

50-Cents-Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Ishida

Banned
Gotta give a little to get a little

Delaying the game and sticking it to PC gamers(likely just for a laugh)just doesn't make a lot of sense and isn't helping your rep with PC gamers. Yeah, let's make the NEW consoles with a combined install base of 15-17 million a priority over the 75 million(on Steam alone)

Yeah, makes total sense. lol Made perfect sense with 360 and PS3. Not really an excuse with the new consoles.

Besides, there's something else I don't get.

PC gamers claim that they will get the PC version "because it will undoubtedly be the superior version".

But then we get "There's no reason the PC version shouldn't release at the same time as the PS4/XBone versions".

If the PC version will be the "ultimate version", doesn't it make sense that it will need some more time to polish it to it's very best? Why all the bitching, then?

PC gamer's motto seems to be "It's worth the wait as long as you get to play the best version". Well then PC gamers, just suck it up and wait, then.

PC gamers claim that they will get the PC version "because it will undoubtedly be the superior version".

But then we get "There's no reason the PC version shouldn't release at the same time as the PS4/XBone versions".

If the PC version will be the "ultimate version", doesn't it make sense that it will need some more time to polish it to it's very best? Why all the bitching, then?

PC gamer's motto seems to be "It's worth the wait as long as you get to play the best version". Well then PC gamers, just suck it up and wait, then.

Look at the history of GTA titles on PC. Not very good ports. Poor optimization. If you think this delay is to "optimize further" you'd be kidding yourself.

If Rockstar delivers a poor port on PC then I 100% agree don't purchase it at full price. No need to reward them for poor quality.

If however its high quality you should go out and purchase early to prove to Rockstar how important the PC user base really is.

If Rockstar delivers a poor port on PC then I 100% agree don't purchase it at full price. No need to reward them for poor quality.

If however its high quality you should go out and purchase early to prove to Rockstar how important the PC user base really is.

How will we know the port is high quality enough to buy early?

Omega

Banned

because it's been 14 months since the game released?

They're not delaying it two months for polish.

but hey, let's just ignore that.

bwakh

GTA Online is dogshit at its core. Adding more players wont fix the problems.

Well i'm hoping with the new releases, they will have significantly fixed it. The mission payments, race winnings and exp need an overhaul definitely. Less grindfest. The bugs as well.

But I was thinking more players would almost certainly cause full-scale warfare and a regular bitchfest in the city. But there is so much potential with an increased player count too. Let's see how it pans out.

Hopefully Criminal Records is removed forever though.

Lastly, for the umpteenth time, Heists, goddamn it.

Oh, I plan to be suckered in for this mess. I'm there day one. I have my doubts, but we'll see what happens.

Ishida

Banned
Look at the history of GTA titles on PC. Not very good ports. Poor optimization. If you think this delay is to "optimize further" you'd be kidding yourself.

Then why even wait? Why not getting it on PS4 or Xbone, if you believe that the PC won't be superior? That's the whole point of PC gaming, isn't it? Get the game version with the better visuals?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

"Waiting for 10 bucks" and "Not getting the game now" are idiotic responses that will only make Rockstar consider the PC platform even less.
We are. What we shouldn't be happy with is the delay. Personally I don't mind, I can wait, but I totally understand people who do. If someone feels Rockstar is treating them badly, then it's totally fair to not want to pay full price for the game. Why should they?

Then why even wait? Why not getting it on PS4 or Xbone, if you believe that the PC won't be superior? That's the whole point of PC gaming, isn't it? Get the game version with the better visuals?
Nope, it's not that at all.

drotahorror

Definitely gonna buy this on PS4 or/and PC but man, after watching the trailer via gamersyde the character models leave a lot to be desired. They look so, strange or something. Very unnatural. I thought the e3 trailer was so much better.

orava

I'm interested to see how well the ps4 and x1 ports run this being the first current gen console rockstar game. Did they redo the engine from ground up or is it based on the last gen game?

PC version of GTAIV is one of the worst ports of all time. It's still superior to the console versions. I'm waiting so I don't fall victim to double and triple dips. $400 to play one game a couple months early doesn't sound very appealing.

Also notice how the date is at the end of January, the 27th. They kept it in January so it feels like "ehh, not bad, just after Christmas", but it's at the very end. I guarantee that was planned. I'm paranoid and neurotic and notice these things.

Was hoping for some new single player DLC....hopefully they keep releasing content (as much as I want to see a Red dead 2).

Anyone else planning on jumping into GTA Online on day 1? I spent way more time with single player on last gen version.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Some of us want the controls and not garbage analog for certain situations. Some us enjoy mods that don't involve eye candy the same can be said for how you can alter the game in terms of content, not happening on consoles.

The point of the pc version is to enjoy it as you want and not how the consoles leave you limited after the main course is done.

Ishida

Banned
Some of us want the controls and not garbage analog for certain situations. Some us enjoy mods that don't involve eye candy the same can be said for how you can alter the game in terms of content, not happening on consoles.

The point of the pc version is to enjoy it as you want and not how the consoles leave you limited after the main course is done.

Well, such "luxuries" will be worth the wait, right?

netguy503

Then gamestop owes me ten bucks cuz I paid off my copy a month ago.

Why do people do this? It's not a collector's edition or anything that will sell out. And you should want $20 as you missed out on BBY's "get $10 back for pre-ordering this game" promotion (unless you have no BBY's by you).

LCGeek

formerly sane
Well, such "luxuries" will be worth the wait, right?

Believe me I'm shit grinning at when mods get good and sales happen but don't act like we are happy about waiting nor that we should be.

Not a luxury to ask for proper support it's sad that you think that.

zerotol

Banned
Why do people do this? It's not a collector's edition or anything that will sell out. And you should want $20 as you missed out on BBY's "get $10 back for pre-ordering this game" promotion (unless you have no BBY's by you).

I traded in stuff that I didn't want any more during some 50% extra trade in deal they were doing

Ughhh, I don't want to want this! Especially knowing I'll have to do that damnable flight school helicopter mission again (I do know flight school is optional).

Ishida

Banned
Believe me I'm shit grinning at when mods get good and sales happen but don't act like we are happy about waiting nor that we should be.

Not a luxury to ask for proper support it's sad that you think that.

I just don't think releasing two months later than the remastered version is "poor support", that's all.

Gangxxter

Yay, trailer!
Yay, release date!
Yay, new weapons, vehicles and activities!
Yay, enhanced damage and weather effects!

Noooo, PC version will be released two months later.
Noooo, people like me who don't have a PS3/Xbox360 won't get some additional content.

Day 1 for sure!

Nethaniah

I'm fine with waiting a couple months for the PC port as long as it's optimized.

Rockstar has been better lately with the ports (MP3) so I'm hoping GTAV is optimized well, and not a repeat of GTA4.

Okay, Max Payne 3, that is one "good" port....and the rest? Where is this faith coming from i wonder.

Nzyme32

Actually GTA, GTA london, GTA 2 and GTA 3 were all excellent when I bought them on PC at launch. Didn't play vice city or san andreas on PC till late 2000s since I had bought those on the og Xbox. Understandably those two games had dated, and notably had no support for xinput since the 360 wasn't around.

San Andreas at least runs without issue BUT amusingly just over a week ago rockstar started a beta for San Andreas which they accidentally made public and then password protected, but some GAFers saw that they had indeed got xinput working in that build triggers and all but didn't have chance to check out much beyond that.

GTAIV is the exception and is indeed one of the worst ports available with GFWL adding insult to injury. However today's PCs can almost brute force there way through it.

GTAV appears to have had PC builds in the works since 2012. Not that that proves anything but arguably that is somewhat positive. While I don't think "further optimisation" is what is happening here, I'm optimistic for a much better game than GTA IV. Time will tell

Edit: if we're looking at Rockstar games, I've had a great time with LA Noire and Max Payne 3. Not a fan of Rockstar Social Club, but it isn't a hindrance either, and doesn't need any other clients or any funny business, so I can live with that

Gangxxter

Okay, Max Payne 3, that is one "good" port....and the rest? Where is this faith coming from i wonder.
We have nothing else, Max Payne 3 is the latest (and second) port using the RAGE engine. And it's far better than the first port (GTA IV).
I do believe though that GTA V on PC will be very good optimized. The additional two months should give them plenty of time to get it right.

Nethaniah

We have nothing else, Max Payne 3 is the latest (and second) port using the RAGE engine. And it's far better than the first port (GTA IV).
I do believe though that GTA V on PC will be very good optimized. The additional two months should give them plenty of time to get it right.

You know, for all pc gamers still looking to get this, i hope you're right.

I really hope that Rockstar Social Club will actually track the 100% stuff properly this time. In the PS3 version I missed flying under one of the bridge properly and wasn't able to figure out which one. There was no way I was going to go back and fly under every single one again. If the game tracks this stuff then I really don't understand why they can't display it on the social club website.

FACE

Banned
To all those PC gamers upset about Rockstar releasing GTAV until 2015, just remember that this company has earned its reputation on delivering polished products. What about they simply didn't want to release the game this November because it's not ready and they just want to offer the best possible, so a couple of months extra. Could this be possible?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ever played GTA 4 on PC?

orava

There was already some proof that PC version was under development when last gen versions were released. The X1 and PS4 versions are definitely ports too and are probably based on the PC version. It's hard to tell how the game performs at this point but Max Payne release is a good indication that they have improved their technical prowess over earlier games. Regarding features and the overall gameplay, all PC versions have been superior.

Gangxxter

Actually GTA, GTA london, GTA 2 and GTA 3 were all excellent when I bought them on PC at launch.
AFAIK the GTA 3 port was not that good either and plenty of people had performance issues, comparable to the GTA IV disaster.
But luckily I had no problems with GTA 3 PC back then, just like you.

Top Bottom