• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pre-Hype/News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wurst

So many floating heads

I can't see this going above 70%. It probably won't have a good enough story for critics to love it. I expect this to be around Thor 2 level of quality.

I hope it's much better, though.

So many floating heads

I can't see this going above 70%. It probably won't have a good enough story for critics to love it. I expect this to be around Thor 2 level of quality.

No way

The trailers alone are better than Thor 2 in it's entirety

I expect this to be around Thor 2 level of quality.

Even if I hadn't seen the IMAX preview last week, I'd be confident in this turning out better than TDW, simply because it seems to have had a much smoother post-production and Gunn is actually happy with the final cut.

(And I still enjoyed TDW plenty, but man, there's no denying that it suffered from having too many cooks in the editing room. Or the wrong cooks, at least.)

Showaddy

Yeah Marvel slicing almost a fifth of Thor's run time off and Taylor complaining about this, that and the other was never a good sign.

Although I'll admit I thought Guardians would be a bit longer. Less than 10 minutes longer than Thor 2 and 15 minutes shorter than Cap 2.

Neoxon

Marvel seems to have a lot more confidence in this than in Thor 2. Good vibes.
Really? How can you tell?

We must use other GAFfer's confusion about us to our advantage!
_1400444190.gif

Verendus

Banned
So many floating heads

That would be terrible. The Thor movies, The First Avenger, Iron Man 2 are legit forgettable or crap movies. And critics gave them favourable enough ratings.

I hope this movie is leagues better than that kind of crap. I like team-up movies, and whilst I know nothing about GOTG, we haven't really had a big space blockbuster like this before. That's part of what makes it so interesting. One would hope they manage to create something good out of that. Trailers have been decent so far. Plus, the Racoon, Tree and Batista all look to have an interesting enough dynamic.

Neoxon

Cap 2 and iron man 1 and 3 are the only ones i fully enjoy. I'm pretty sure this will be up there with them too
Not even Avengers? As for me, I'm kinda impartial towards IM3. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Plot twist aside, it was a solid film.

That movie is really boring until they finally team up imo

I didn't like the script much aside from banner and stark scenes. It was great to see them together again at the end of iron man

Showaddy

Not even Avengers? As for me, I'm kinda impartial towards IM3. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Plot twist aside, it was a solid film.

It was a shit Iron Man film. Solid film in it's own right though but you really need to be able to separate the film from it's source material to enjoy it properly.

That movie is really boring until they finally team up imo

I didn't like the script much aside from banner and stark scenes. It was great to see them together again at the end of iron man

Well, every other character was sort of boring in the film. I hope Steve, Natasha and Clint are better written in Age of Ultron. The Winter Soldier proved that Steve and Natasha can be interesting.

Yeah forreal. If avengers was ppls introduction to cap they must have all thought he was a lame scrub

I was shocked at how great he was in winter soldier. I now want batman to fight similar in the new film

Natasha too

Apes was really good

Best blockbusters of the summer ranking prediction

Xmen
Apes
Guardians
Edge of tomorrow

I can see this...edging out edge of tomorrow for me if it's as entertaining as the trailers suggest

BLACKLAC

So damn disappointed in Raid 2. They managed to make a girl with two hammers fights look generic, only unique thing she did with them was at the end, pounding on the ground at the dudes feet. Too many of those fights were overly stretched out and look too damn similar.

The first Raid was perfect.

No way man. Action choreography was on point, I just preferred the tighter pace of the first movie

This takes a lot of story breaks but it's all very generic

Dudes action filming is too good though. He's the fewcha

Edit: Rama is the superhero we deserve. Captain Indonesia

BLACKLAC

No way man. Action choreography was on point, I just preferred the tighter pace of the first movie

This takes a lot of story breaks but it's all very generic

Dudes action filming is too good though. He's the fewcha

Choreography is top notch no doubt (except that first scene) but for god sake give me some hand to hand Variety! The second the girl started slicing people up with those hammers I just threw my hands up. No damn need for Mad Dog to be in there either. I mean, I wouldn't mind the fan service but could you at least give this guy a more unique fighting style?!?!? Take out Mad Dog and add in one memorable gun fight!

The movie relied too much on shock violence.

Neoxon

Here’s how far along the Star-Lord Jump shot has come.

tumblr_n8o1d7UVrF1rzw4tho1_500.png

Top is from the MTV First Look back in April, the middle is from the 2nd US Trailer in May, & the bottom one is from the Extended Trailer from last week.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow at #5. Im speechless to the idiocy that is that article.

I have a sneaking suspicion #2 is why a lot of people and critics are going to trash the film. Its edgy stupid jokes won't be edgy and stupid in the way that is currently considered hip, therefore, it is lame.

(Laying bets on how long it takes for someone to ask why Quill has a walkman; wouldn't an iphone be more marketable to kids these days, since this is clearly a kiddie movie?)

Ravek

Banned
Here’s how far along the Star-Lord Jump shot has come.

tumblr_n8o1d7UVrF1rzw4tho1_500.png

Top is from the MTV First Look back in April, the middle is from the 2nd US Trailer in May, & the bottom one is from the Extended Trailer from last week.

Does this same pic come in a better resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom