• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pre-Hype/News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what? don't tell me that fuck Zon/Nos

Duração 122 minutos

Género Aventura, Fantasia, Ficção Científica

Origem Estados Unidos da América

Estreia em Portugal 2014-08-07

Distribuidor NOS Audiovisuais

Glee1.gif

Mariolee

Alternatively

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |OT| I Have [Part of] A Plan!

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY |SPOILER THREAD| That Was a Pretty Good Plan

I'm pretty sure the latter quote was in one of the TV spots or trailers.

My vote because I'm a douchebag.

Guardians of the Galaxy [OT] Metaphors would go over his head...

GotG [Spoilers] Nothing goes over my head... my reflexes are too fast.

sorry for the way too late suggestion

Neoxon

fellow houston-gaffer, do you know if the cinemark theaters will be showing the early footage? If so how do I get invited to see it?
Cinemark only has XD. The preview is limited to IMAX-certified theaters. I'm going to the Silverado 19 in Tomball, mainly because a good friend of mine works there.

TEJ

Cinemark only has XD. The preview is limited to IMAX-certified theaters. I'm going to the Silverado 19 in Tomball, mainly because a good friend of mine works there.

Oh well. That theater is a 30 minute drive there and 30 minutes back, don't know if I will have the time to get there.

Neoxon

Oh well. That theater is a 30 minute drive there and 30 minutes back, don't know if I will have the time to get there.
It's 20 minutes from where I live, which isn't so bad. It was either that or the Edwards IMAX Theater over near Katy. There may be an AMC or two that are showing the preview.

TDLink

fellow houston-gaffer, do you know if the cinemark theaters will be showing the early footage? If so how do I get invited to see it?

IMAX Cinemarks do in fact exist, they do XD in big cineplexes where IMAX isn't present though. There actually aren't many IMAX screens in Texas in general.

TEJ

It's 20 minutes from where I live, which isn't so bad. It was either that or the Edwards IMAX Theater over near Katy. There may be an AMC or two that are showing the preview.

the closest movie theater is 5 minutes away which is why I prefer going there. Oh well, I can wait a few weeks to see the full movie.

The worst part of the 3D trend of the last few years is that we can't have 2D IMAX anymore. I refuse to watch 3D movies since they're so expensive and always detract from my experience.

Neoxon

the closest movie theater is 5 minutes away which is why I prefer going there. Oh well, I can wait a few weeks to see the full movie.
Same for my Cinemark over in Cypress (my home is close to Cypress, but it's technically in Houston).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Why is
Rhomann Dey standing on Earth in one of the shots when he says "The big one scares me"? That doesn't look like Xandar to me....but I could be 100% wrong.

Well in the Comics it's Rhomann Dey who goes to Earth and transfers his Nova force to Richard Ryder.

Tom_Cody

I haven't seen this posted yet of GAF:

The costume and makeup really look amazing. I had wanted to make it into an avatar but I wasn't able to crop/scale it in a way that I found satisfying.

I haven't seen this posted yet of GAF:

The costume and makeup really look amazing. I had wanted to make it into an avatar but I wasn't able to crop/scale it in a way that I found satisfying.

There's a thread in Community for avatars and it's stickied. Take the pic there and ask for it avatar sized, and they'll do it.

I'm going to be at the Denver Preview at the cinema at the Dave and Buster's on I-25 if any other GAFer's are going. I'll where my GAF shirt or something, come say hi

kai3345

Banned
going to the IMAX preview tonight. Crossing my fingers that it ends up all being an elaborate front for a secret screening of the full film.

Doubt it tho

Neoxon

To the surprise of no one, "...Who?" will be the OT Title. The Spoiler Thread Title was close, but it was "Something Good, Something Bad, A Bit of Both" that won ("Burt Macklin in Space" lost by 1 vote).

Now it's time to get to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom