• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Pre-Hype/News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouichi

Just came back from the preview.

Oh my goodness, it was fucking amazing. This movie is going to be so damn good. Rocket Raccoon is the star of the whole preview.

It's 2014. Do I seriously have to print out a ticket to go see this or can I just show them the attachment from the email?

I'm sure they can scan the qcode from your email.

my reminder email also looks exactly like the ticket. but I'm taking a print out just incase.

CitrusStorm

Unconfirmed Member
Back from the preview. It was a sizable crowd; didn't know that Dayton could muster an army like that. But I think I enjoyed that 17 minutes more than any other film I've seen so far this year.

Groot ripping the battery out of the wall as Rocket's talking about it, good lord.

Just came from the preview. I must say I was really impressed by the IMAX 3D conversion. It looked fucking top notch and I have seen my shares of shitty 3D conversions, this one was legit. I am definitely seeing this in IMAX 3D. Great preview but the poster was whatever. I would of loved it more if it only had the movie logo on it and not the preview info and facebook page.

Here's a pic I took of it

sL7g2UW.jpg

Kouichi

I hope they release the trailer they showed at the end of the preview soon. You guys are going to lose your minds when you see it.

Holy Shit! I was dreading that it might fall a little bit flat, with the characters sounding a bit snarky. It was hilarious and the 3D was brilliant. This movie has to be seen in 3D.

Great introductions for Groot, Rocket and Drax.

Experien

My theater in MD was mostly full, about 90%?

I'm going to see this but something felt off or missing, maybe I wanted more of a set-up to the piece instead of an explanation of them post-converting it to "IMAX" standards. 3D was pretty shadowy and I was sitting near the middle.

Is it true that the movie is mainly a Rocket film?

I'm estimating that there are about 150 people here right now, and it's about 40 min till movie time.

Edit: closer to 200 w/ 30 minutes remaining.

An-Det

I loved the preview, the wait is even worse now. I was pleasantly surprised by the 3d conversion, I hadn't considered seeing it like that before but I might have to now.

Does
Starlord steal from The Collector thus creating a lead in for GotG to meet the established marvel u?

It is implied that Gamora, Drax, Quill and Rocket/Groot were all trying to steal the same orb when they got caught. I don't know if it was from The Collector.

Xamdou

I loved the preview, the wait is even worse now. I was pleasantly surprised by the 3d conversion, I hadn't considered seeing it like that before but I might have to now.

Did that preview have shaking seats? The preview at Disneyland was 3D and had shaking seats which made the entire experience incredible.

Quick

Banned
The cast was great, but Rocket stole that whole preview. Bradley Cooper did a great job with voicing him. I feel like he's going to be the big standout. Then again, a wise-cracking, gun-toting raccoon
("what's a raccoon?")
would probably do that.

We've only been introduced to Peter Quill's comedic side. Chris Pratt can act, so I don't have any doubt about his serious side. So far, he's been perfect.

Zoe Saldana does a good job playing Gamora. She didn't have much lines in the preview, but she kicks ass anyway.

Vin Diesel's voice is perfect for Groot. So many ways to say "I Am Groot."

Dave Bautista as Drax was initially questionable. He looked like he was just going through the motions. But basing off the trailers and the latter part of the preview, he looks like he really bounces off the cast just fine.

Xamdou

Er I meant the 3D preview at Disneyland I went to last Friday, it was around 10 minutes long. They even gave out GOTG stickers... probably not the same as these IMAX theater showings today but was an actual attraction in Disneyland that took the old spot of Captain EO.

Dalek

Er I meant the 3D preview at Disneyland I went to last Friday, it was around 10 minutes long. They even gave out GOTG stickers... probably not the same as these IMAX theater showings today but was an actual attraction in Disneyland that took the old spot of Captain EO.

Oh God-imagine a GOTG ride in Tommorowland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom