• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

Weird question, but does anyone know if the PS4 GH Live guitar works with iOS? Is it the same guitar? I know the PS4 version comes with an adapter, but is it just straight bluetooth without the adapter?

fernoca

Any patch notes?
Got the update on Wii U. Noticed the sound a bit higher than usual (which was fine already in my case) and the challenges per song unlocking correctly now (preciously I could them all, but only unlocked the first one).

But who knows.

Dinosur

Any patch notes?
Got the update on Wii U. Noticed the sound a bit higher than usual (which was fine already in my case) and the challenges per song unlocking correctly now (preciously I could them all, but only unlocked the first one).

But who knows.

Last night was the first time ever GHTV actually had a couple other for real, live people playing in a channel with me (no white triangles). I would assume we could thank the patch for that.

GeekMarty

Last night was the first time ever GHTV actually had a couple other for real, live people playing in a channel with me (no white triangles). I would assume we could thank the patch for that.

Yea, same here.

I love destroying my 'Live' opponents :>
...and my hand in the progress

Found out my down strum was completely borked. Went ahead and replaced it at Best Buy in anticipation of this weekend. I even did the unthinkable and bought an extended warranty for this no faith guitar. This seems like the best opportunity for someone who likes to play the same song over and over to "get good".

Side note: Have we talked about how impossible it is to detach the neck from the guitar?! The back edge of the lever on my fingernail clippers was the only thing I could get to turn the stupid triangle and even then it took like 10 minutes to prop it at an angle that works. I started to pull out a knife, but didn't want to die on that hill.

fernoca

Side note: Have we talked about how impossible it is to detach the neck from the guitar?! The back edge of the lever on my fingernail clippers was the only thing I could get to turn the stupid triangle and even then it took like 10 minutes to prop it at an angle that works. I started to pull out a knife, but didn't want to die on that hill.
Well, the instructions say that it can't be removed. So, unless you just have a spare one to experiment on, don't force it. :p

gar3

Attempted to RMA my one broken dongle from my dual guitar bundle and it isn't going so well. I received a RMA number via e-mail but no shipping label nor instructions on how or what to return with the dongle. Going on the official forums it appears I'm not alone with my RMA issue. Placed my own post in the appropriate forum area concerning my missing RMA information; however, it has yet to be approved for posting yet by a moderator :-/

I RMA-ed two different Guitar Hero drum sets last generation and never had near as much issues with those as I have had so far with this little dongle.
So an Xbox One USB dongle showed up in my mailbox the other day. The RMA did expressly state I needed to send the malfunctioning dongle back in order to receive a replacement but Activision shipped the replacement out anyways. I still haven't received the shipping label via e-mail but I guess it doesn't matter now.

The best part? The replacement dongle arrived in a bubble mailer crushed and broken. Sigh.

The neck can absolutely be removed. The reason that Activision says that the neck isn't made to be removed is because the neck and body are connected via a PCB edge connector, which is a connection style not rated for a lot of "mating cycles". This is the same kind of connection as a PCI-E slot for a GPU, as well as JAMMA (among others) arcade boards.

Removing the neck a few times will do no harm, and you likely won't have any issues unless you do so like 100+ times.

antitrop

My moment of glory. #1 global score in Forever by Puppy.

4t77rZm.jpg

Cronen

Got this game yesterday and loving it. Quick question though! When you finish a song on GHTV and you get the little leaderboard of scores, it shows a highway on the right. Is this to show what highway the top scoring player was using? I am confused at why it is there!

Thanks.

The neck can absolutely be removed. The reason that Activision says that the neck isn't made to be removed is because the neck and body are connected via a PCB edge connector, which is a connection style not rated for a lot of "mating cycles". This is the same kind of connection as a PCI-E slot for a GPU, as well as JAMMA (among others) arcade boards.

Removing the neck a few times will do no harm, and you likely won't have any issues unless you do so like 100+ times.

So do you just pull the neck out or what has to be done?

I checked the BVB premium show and the first song was marked off after playing it a while ago, so I suspect that getting a medal prior will count for all shows. Either that or each medal acts like a pseudo-currency, and when you play a premium show you use them up and that's why you can't play it multiple times.

Got this game yesterday and loving it. Quick question though! When you finish a song on GHTV and you get the little leaderboard of scores, it shows a highway on the right. Is this to show what highway the top scoring player was using? I am confused at why it is there!

Thanks.
You're right, it's the highway of the person on the top of the leaderboard.

I checked the BVB premium show and the first song was marked off after playing it a while ago, so I suspect that getting a medal prior will count for all shows. Either that or each medal acts like a pseudo-currency, and when you play a premium show you use them up and that's why you can't play it multiple times.
I'm under the impression medals have nothing to do with it and you just have to play each of the 3 songs to get in. But once you play the premium show once you have to play the 3 songs again to play the premium show again.

deoee

God i LOVE the pass.
I can finally work on my beloved songs:

Alter Bridge
Chevelle
Paramore... etc.

Also Monster in the new Premium Playlist is hard for me to play - idk why o.o

DagsJT

Unbelievable timing for me as I only bought this on Wednesday and have got friends over tomorrow. So many tracks that I've not played yet so should be a good weekend.

FrsDvl

I wish they would've added a retry button to GHTV, it sucks to have to quit out, then go back in again. This could go faster you know!

If anyone is trying to get the Excellent Constitution trophy/achievement this weekend (come in the top 5 for 18 consecutive on demand songs), here's a bit of a cheat. If you quit out of a song you're doing badly on before it ends, it won't count against you. Just make a new playlist and keep going and it'll pop.

Oynox

Just maxed the max multiplier guitar upgrade. Next up is points per note or the multiplier speed... Which one do you prefer?

Had to return the bundle and got another.

The upper buttons seemed to keep sticking and calibration just seemed off the new works brilliantly well in comparison, much happier now.

Meant to play the new Call of Duty all last night but ended up playing this for hours instead.
wtzgU.gif

Now I'm level 20 and my multiplier and base score upgrades are done. Not sure what to do next, maybe try for 50 stars on Extreme. It's not going to be pretty though.

What's the easiest song to get 420K points without a Hero Power? (No Need for a Hero trophy)

What about a 1,000 note streak? (Amazing trophy) Is that between songs or in one song?

Top Bottom