• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

Quonny

Wow, I know some people don't like the modern slant of these songs, but these are amazing for my wife and I. She actually knows some of these songs, which was incredibly rare for previous entries.

Shitload of songs just announced through short clips.

https://twitter.com/GuitarHero/status/668851563255848961

If anyone recognises any post them. What I remembered:

• Tenacious D - Rize of the Fenix
  • Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
  • Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
  • Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance
  • Audioslave - Like a Stone

Bit too tired to recognise the stuff that wasn't blatant to me. 20 songs in total on that video with more to be announced tomorrow apparently.
I wonder if Killing in the Name will be censored. At first I thought it would have been obvious, but if they didn't censor shit in Everybody Talks, which was on disc, then how far will they go with it on GHTV?

Shitload of songs just announced through short clips.

https://twitter.com/GuitarHero/status/668851563255848961

If anyone recognises any post them. What I remembered:

• Tenacious D - Rize of the Fenix
  • Primus - Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
  • Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name Of
  • Walk the Moon - Shut Up and Dance
  • Audioslave - Like a Stone

Bit too tired to recognise the stuff that wasn't blatant to me. 20 songs in total on that video with more to be announced tomorrow apparently.

Recognized "Fly By Night" by Rush and "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar. Figured out "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer.

fernoca

I wonder if Killing in the Name will be censored. At first I thought it would have been obvious, but if they didn't censor shit in Everybody Talks, which was on disc, then how far will they go with it on GHTV?
The TV version of Everybody Talks is censored from what I remember. But haven't played that song in a week.

There was also "bitch" in Berzerk but they censored the fucks. I think that's a little bit much, even though the streamed songs technically dont count under ESRB.

RATM will 100% be censored, it's the music video

Chevelle – Face to the Floor
Godsmack – 1000HP
Great White – Rock Me
Neon Trees – Sleeping with a Friend
Sleeping with Sirens – If You Can’t Hang
Tenacious D – Rize of the Fenix
Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
??? – ???
Audioslave – Like a Stone
Five Finger Death Punch – House of the Rising Sun
Heart – What About Love
Huey Lewis & The News – ???
.38 Special – ???
Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Rage Against the Machine – Killing in Name
Robert Palmer – Addicted to Love
Rush – Fly By Night
Sammy Hagar – I Can’t Drive 55
Jake Bugg – Slumville Sunrise
Kings of Leon – Supersoaker

Has anyone read anything about a digital version?

I see that standalone GHL guitars are now available, but the game still isn't available for purchase via XBL or PSN.

fernoca

Has anyone read anything about a digital version?

I see that standalone GHL guitars are now available, but the game still isn't available for purchase via XBL or PSN.
Haven't mentioned anything yet. The standalone guitars are sold (at the moment) for multiplayer and not widely available. Also limited quantites probably because each platform is unique, so Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, Wii U and iPad = 6 guitars.

FrsDvl

RATM will 100% be censored, it's the music video

Chevelle – Face to the Floor
Godsmack – 1000HP
Great White – Rock Me
Neon Trees – Sleeping with a Friend
Sleeping with Sirens – If You Can’t Hang
Tenacious D – Rize of the Fenix
Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
??? – ???
Audioslave – Like a Stone
Five Finger Death Punch – House of the Rising Sun
Heart – What About Love
Huey Lewis & The News – ???
.38 Special – ???
Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
Rage Against the Machine – Killing in Name
Robert Palmer – Addicted to Love
Rush – Fly By Night
Sammy Hagar – I Can’t Drive 55
Jake Bugg – Slumville Sunrise
Kings of Leon – Supersoaker

Pretty good list overal, wonder if they're releasing the whole bunch at the same time.

DarkOneX

Have they done anything for GHTV that lets you earn song plays after you hit the level cap?

You actually quit earning song tokens at like level 5 or some shit, then just earn coins from that point on even after you hit the max level 20, but it's way plenty, I've got like 50 play tokens and coming up on 90,000 coins lul.

While I am a Rockband guy through and through, that price is definitely tempting. Would love to try out the new guitar.
The game is fun. The tutorial set is odd because it starts you on the third set out of four. Think the lowest non-GCU price is Target.
Wish the Live sets showed your ranking, audience rating, and multiplier. It does in quick play.

You actually quit earning song tokens at like level 5 or some shit, then just earn coins from that point on even after you hit the max level 20, but it's way plenty, I've got like 50 play tokens and coming up on 90,000 coins lul.

Since when?

Pretty sure you get five up until a certain level then you start getting three. Once your at level 20 you should have most of the guitar upgrades anyway so most of your money will be going on play tokens.

FrsDvl

Since when?

Pretty sure you get five up until a certain level then you start getting three. Once your at level 20 you should have most of the guitar upgrades anyway so most of your money will be going on play tokens.

I think he may be right, I just got to level 17 and didn't get any tokens. I swear I got tokens every level though, but its been a while since level 16 and 17 for me.

DarkOneX

Since when?

I didn't upgrade my guitar past level 1 until just now, got up to almost 100k coins so I fully upgraded everything but the powerups as I really don't use those anyway, and had enough left over to buy 25 plays so now I have about 70 plays and fully upgraded guitar. I never use the on demand tokens so I'll just keep racking them up at this point.

I think it says I've used 11 tokens and I have right around 40 left. Let's say I'm a tiny bit off that puts it around 55 total tokens by level 20 since I'm at the level cap.

As for earning coins it really depends mainly on how you rank. You can be last place but still earn 150+ coins but only get 20 status or whatever. But if you get first you'll get 150ish status and the same amount of coins. So you can hit leve 20 well before having enough coins to upgrade everything meaning a lot of coins still go towards upgrades instead of play tokens. It's rare for me not to be first or second online and so when I hit level 20 I only had two things maxed. I'm still one step away from the multiplier rate being fully upgraded (and need around 10k coins still) and I haven't done a single upgrade for hero power so that's another 30k I need for that to be maxed out. That's also after earning 15+ days in a row for login bonuses and I've played some after hitting level 20 and that's my current progress towards upgrading.

Point being that if you play well and focus on completely upgrading you have to play a lot after level 20 to get to the point that you're earning coins towards play tokens.

Can't wait to get my copy of guitar hero live on Thursday :p

Have to say I would have preferred to go with rockband 4 but the price difference makes up for it to me.

Crap, I just realized something - GHTV is streamed. So here's the question, is my 6 megabit internet fast enough for it? What happens in the case of lag?

FyreWulff

Crap, I just realized something - GHTV is streamed. So here's the question, is my 6 megabit internet fast enough for it? What happens in the case of lag?

I don't have the game but from what I've seen others playing it, the game will just let the video stream stop with a generic GHTV text background but lets you keep playing the notechart.

psychotron

Are these songs free or do you pay per song like the other games? The base list looked terrible.

edit: Just read reviews. No way am I paying this much for a game to have to approach it like a free to play grind. Skipping.

KORNdoggy

Are these songs free or do you pay per song like the other games? The base list looked terrible.

edit: Just read reviews. No way am I paying this much for a game to have to approach it like a free to play grind. Skipping.

it's not much of a grind tbh.

i honestly prefer this way of doing things then paying for songs. i'm a pretty open minded guy when it comes to music, so the live TV stuff is kinda like putting my spotify on shuffle.

i can imagine it's less then ideal if you're one of those "i only listen to death metal....ever...even while having a romantic dinner with the wife" sort of people lol

psychotron

it's not much of a grind tbh.

i honestly prefer this way of doing things then paying for songs. i'm a pretty open minded guy when it comes to music, so the live TV stuff is kinda like putting my spotify on shuffle.

i can imagine it's less then ideal if you're one of those "i only listen to death metal....ever...even while having a romantic dinner with the wife" sort of people lol

I like different types of music, but say I want to master a song. Then what? Once I've used up my tokens I have to pay? Sorry, but that's not something I can get behind. They should have a buy option as well as the grind for tokens thing.

I don't have the game but from what I've seen others playing it, the game will just let the video stream stop with a generic GHTV text background but lets you keep playing the notechart.

This is correct. The video will disappear and you'll just see a fancy looking GHTV background. Audio and notechart keeps coming. I imagine if it can't handle those it'd boot you out of GHTV, but I haven't had it happen to me to confirm.

DagsJT

GHTV is ridiculously addictive. Saying I'll play one more song, then you see the next song so figure you'll play that and then turn it off. And so on.

This is correct. The video will disappear and you'll just see a fancy looking GHTV background. Audio and notechart keeps coming. I imagine if it can't handle those it'd boot you out of GHTV, but I haven't had it happen to me to confirm.

Can you force this to happen by any chance?

Jeels

Went ahead and bit the bullet. The black Friday deals I felt were pretty fair and although I never bought a guitar hero or rock band, I've been really into music and the idea of GHTV really interests me.

Can you force this to happen by any chance?

Haven't seen an option for it, so I don't think so :s

Edit: This usually happens temporarily while it attempts to stream the video. One of the Avenged Sevenfold songs from the premium set loaded in after 10 or so seconds and was fine thereafter, so it's not like it stops trying to grab the video.

* Judas Priest – Living After Midnight
* Amaranthe – Drop Dead Cynical
* Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
* Robert Palmer – Addicted To Love
* Chevelle – Face To The Floor
* Rage Against the Machine – Killing In The Name
* Godsmack – 1000hp
* Jack White – Sixteen Saltines
* Sleeping With Sirens – If You Can’t Hang
* Tenacious D – Rize of the Fenix
* Walk The Moon – Shut Up And Dance
* Scott Weiland & The Wildabouts – Modzilla
* Audioslave – Like A Stone
* Five Finger Death Punch – The House of the Rising Sun
* Heart – What About Love?
* Huey Lewis and the News – Heart and Soul
* Great White – Rock Me
* The Outfield – Your Love
* Cinderella – Shake Me
* Lower Than Atlantis – Here We Go
* Neon Trees – I Love You (But I Hate Your Friends)
* Rush – Fly By Night
* Sammy Hagar – I Can’t Drive 55
* The Amazing Snakeheads – Here It Comes Again
* Jake Bugg – Slumville Sunrise
* Kings of Leon – Supersoaker
* R.E.M. – Shiny Happy People
* The Glitch Mob – Can’t Kill Us

----

**New Premium Show Tracks**

Dance Meets Rock

* Zedd – Stache
* The Prodigy – Nasty
* Knife Party – Centipede

On Tour 2015

* Escape the Fate – Issues
* Black Veil Brides – Heart of Fire
* Atreyu – So Others May Live

GHTV is ridiculously addictive. Saying I'll play one more song, then you see the next song so figure you'll play that and then turn it off. And so on.

It's the only reason I am kind of regretting getting Rock Band. I kind of like the GHTV concept more.

Centipede is hilarious. No idea how they are gonna chart it but it should be a laugh. The Day Is My Enemy would've been preferred from that album though.

kaskade

Weird that Knife Party is on there. I love them but seems weird in a Guitar Hero game. Who knows, could be fun to play though.

Archpath1

Oh ghtv. Is the second player always guest? I thought it would show there account name?
Also does 2nd player have to join at the start of each song
Cant the game tell i want to do 2players off the bat? Or am i missing something?

Top Bottom