• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Dahlifyr

Banned
Can't believe they took our money and ran off this quickly after launch. Pretty insane.

If my 20 bucks can help thoose that lost theire work im just glad. Even if the game was shut down today i have spent 50 hours in the game and i say thoose bucks where all worth it.

JesseZao

how is it dead? because people mostly on the EQ teams lost their jobs?

I feel like Everquest Next was/is a good concept and the little I played of Landmark showed promise, but it is a huge undertaking to manage. H1Z1 seems like a bigger hit potential and will be much more economical to maintain and support.

H1Z1 can be their "Minecraft."

Servers will go down at 3AM PST 2/12 for approximately 2 hours.

Release notes
1911 Lowered Hip Fire and Iron Sight horizontal Recoil Lowered Damage Improved overall consistency while firing.

AR15 Increased Hip Fire recoil.

Shotgun Lowered damage per pellet Lowered horizontal recoil Lowered pellet count Slightly increased fire rate Adjusted pellet spread Decreased pellet speed Increased pellet weight Decreased amount of bleeding caused when hit by shotgun

Updated Steam API to fix some crashes. Items that had the same placed and dropped item (like landmines) now have a different dropped item. You shouldn’t be able to accidentally drop them and blow yourself up anymore.

Lighting has been given a significant overhaul, it should now look better in almost all circumstances. We’re not done yet, but this change should address any lighting problems that effect game play. You will most likely find some lighting artifacts(bright objects or strange glittering effects). We are aware and will address these as they come up. Feel free to report these.

Objects will retain their orientation during placement mode when they change what surface they are being placed on.

Free placed objects (ie, campfires, furnaces, animal traps, etc) cannot be stacked on top of each other.

All placed objects can no longer collide with other objects, including player placed objects and static designer placed objects. This means that foundations cannot interpenetrate with other foundations, shacks, buildings, vehicles, roads, or anything else. Free placed objects also can’t interpenetrate with the same objects, excluding the object they are being placed on (ie, still be placed on a road, but not when colliding with a destroyed car).

Fixed a bug with socket bound placement objects (ie, stairs on a foundation, barricade on a window, or anything that snaps to a fixed position) that allowed multiple of these objects to interpenetrate each other (a common case was stairs overlapping stairs). Passively equipped items (ie, weapons not currently in your hands), will now appear on the character.

Cannot place free-placed objects on rocks and tree stumps

Key bindings can now be re-mapped. After selecting an action, press the key to map to that action. Pressing [Esc] will cancel the key bind. Holding [Esc] will clear the currently mapped key. Users cannot bind a key to multiple actions in the same action set. Also added a button to reset all key bindings to default.

Collision resist values adjusted for the vehicles to reduce the damage taken from impacts, particularly when landing hard on the suspension and wheels. Lighting system updated.

All weather and light sources adjusted with new lighting values. Please report any strange behavior (i.e. flashlights too bright).

Battle Royale

When the match ends, if you don't exit the match quickly , your game client may end up in an unconnected state. We're fixing this for the next update.

Battle Royale: Vehicle Spawn Counts set to be consistent with survival .

Battle Royale: End screen now shows your rank and your rewards.

Battle Royale: Map now displays a “safe zone” ring.

Battle Royale: Revamped fog movement phases

Battle Royale: Adjusted rewards to more align with our final payouts (Excessive payouts previously were for testing purposes, BR is still not ready for the consumption of event tickets and will continue to get updates, thanks for helping us test and polish BR so far!)

Battle Royale: Removed crate keys from rewards

Battle Royale: Removed crates from 2nd-4th (1st place will still earn a crate along with all other current awards)

Battle Royale: Lowered the amount of tickets awarded for 1st-4th 1st: 2 tickets 2nd: 1 ticket 3rd: 1 ticket 4th: 1 ticket

Battle Royale: Added an Event Ticket reward for 9th-12th

Battle Royale: Keep in mind these rewards are based on a 48-64 player max BR, the 200 man BR will have a different set of rewards

BizzyBum

Damn, dem gun nerfs. New lighting system, though!

Also looks like there will be less cars in BR which I think is a needed change.

BizzyBum

any word on controller support?

X28WLf4.gif

Tobor

any word on controller support?

I've been using Xpadder to translate all keyboard stuff to the left side of the 360 controller. Works like a champ. I still use a mouse for aiming and menus.

You could easily use Xpadder for full controller support though. PVE would work great.

Compsiox

Banned
Shotgun now unrealistic
Battle Royale prize decrease disappointed
Disagree with keyBinds. Makes less competitive

Excited and put down at the same time.

Also what do they mean by cars consistent with survival? Less cars in battle Royale is extremely disappointing.

Hylian7

Shotgun now unrealistic
Battle Royale prize decrease disappointed

Excited and put down at the same time.

Also what do they mean by cars consistent with survival? Less cars in battle Royale is extremely disappointing.

What the fuck are you even talking about?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Can't believe they took our money and ran off this quickly after launch. Pretty insane.

Uhhh, what? How deluded are you? The game hasn't even launched, and there was no one pointing a gun at your head saying buy it.

Also it makes sense to remove the resources from EverQuest, the MMO market in the Western gaming world is dead outside of FF, GW2 and WoW.

How is this a valid complaint? How does the ability to rebind your controls now make it less competitive? Jesus...

Shady859

Glad to see the BR changes especially the cars, hope they remove the extra gas cans as well. If you can get a car + 2 gas cans at the start you are almost guaranteed top 10 unless you play stupid. That's pretty much all I play still besides a random PvP KOS spree. Killed 8 people tonight including a group of 3 before 2 AR15 guys in a cop car raped me. Legit wooden bow + a spear for melee = beast mode and so easy to make from spawn.

I like the game but not really looking to build and lose a base when they update or wipe. I'm happy with my purchase although I wouldn't recommend the $40 version I bought the extras were rubbish.

Edit: well I gonna eat my words... the 25 BR tickets are good although you can earn them playing free right now.

I originally picked Solace so we would have something that didn't get full but it seems pretty empty now. If we want to move to a more populated server that'snot impossible to get into let me know.

kcxiv

the server i play on now Antidote is a high level server in the day, its alot of "interactions" going on. If anyone wnats to play just add me to steam kcxiv. I play mostly after 2-3 pm pstish until my insomnia allows me to sleep lol

Pinktaco

Ugh.. The kill on sight issue is still there. Had hoped the server wipe would make people think twice, but nope. It's even worse if you show you have a gun. You'll be gone immediately.

It's still a fun game and I really like the insane rate of how they're putting out updates.

Compsiox

Banned
The fuck? Customizable keybinds are required, it is one of the biggest flaws of this game.
How is this a valid complaint? How does the ability to rebind your controls now make it less competitive? Jesus...
What the fuck are you even talking about?
I want there to be different control schemes to choose from so people can't make it easier for themselves Ala dota or counterstrike. Valve does it for a reason.

ZenVolta

I want there to be different control schemes to choose from so people can't make it easier for themselves Ala dota or counterstrike. Valve does it for a reason.

At first I was thinking that this was a troll post but dude you are taking this way too far. And for the record you can rebind keys in CS

What on earth are you talking about.
and you can rebind keys in valve games...

Also does your limited american mind understand that not everyone has a qwerty keyboard?
My country uses azerty layout, wasd translates into zqsd and many other keys are different too, try running around with zqsd on your keyboard.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.

Also does your limited american mind understand that not everyone has a qwerty keyboard?
My country uses azerty layout, wasd translates into zqsd and many other keys are different too, try running around with zqsd on your keyboard.

real smooth there, bud. you always find a way to look like an ass

Slayven

Why you got to go from 0-100 over a game?

kcxiv

Ugh.. The kill on sight issue is still there. Had hoped the server wipe would make people think twice, but nope. It's even worse if you show you have a gun. You'll be gone immediately.

It's still a fun game and I really like the insane rate of how they're putting out updates.

its always always always going to be there, even when they up the zombies. lol People are assholes, they make other people into assholes! Its the name of the game.

real smooth there, bud. you always find a way to look like an ass
well his name is sneaky, so duh! lol

Also, the .45 is way way tuned down. Me and some guy got into a tussle in the 2nd floor of a house, and they make you waste bullets unless you get a damned good head shot. getting shot in the arms and legs may take a while before you die.

Top Bottom