• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Damn the OP nearly killed my cell phone. Lol wtf?

Looking forward to this game. Now to carefully backtrack through the thread to read some reactions....

Dynamic3

Chugs? I havent had that bad of FPS. With the new lighting I did drop 10ish fps in some areas..but im using a 5 year old graphics card.

Try updating your drivers maybe?

Yeah like around 30 fps and very volatile around cities. I'm using the latest drivers.

SDCowboy

Did they lower loot way back down? I jumped back in today after some time away from it and now I'm back to rarely finding anything again.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
New lighting during the day sure is something else...

something else how

Nuke22.gif

tariniel

I don't own this game, but I think this is one of the most fun games to watch people stream over at twitch. I've had a lot of laughs from people dying in stupid ways and stuff like that. I'm quite surprised.

Compsiox

Banned
I don't own this game, but I think this is one of the most fun games to watch people stream over at twitch. I've had a lot of laughs from people dying in stupid ways and stuff like that. I'm quite surprised.

Yea it's fun to play too. Unlike DayZ where it's fun to watch videos of it but is actually boring to play.

BizzyBum

This is crazy.

I usually play on Aftermath (most popular 1st person PvP server) and I have never gotten guns or good loot on there. I decide to try a 3rd person PvP server (Alastor?) and about 5 minutes after spawning I already have a hunting rifle with ammo that I found in a house.

Do different servers have better loot or what? LOL

kcxiv

This is crazy.

I usually play on Aftermath (most popular 1st person PvP server) and I have never gotten guns or good loot on there. I decide to try a 3rd person PvP server (Alastor?) and about 5 minutes after spawning I already have a hunting rifle with ammo that I found in a house.

Do different servers have better loot or what? LOL
high pop servers usually have all the items looted, so you gotta kill zombies for guns lol.

BizzyBum

Eh, I'm actually not a big fan of the new lighting. I know it's a work in progress but daytime is way too bright now. It also makes the fog in BR look awful.

Phreaker

Eh, I'm actually not a big fan of the new lighting. I know it's a work in progress but daytime is way too bright now. It also makes the fog in BR look awful.

I saw on Reddit they are aware and will be fixing. Is it like last time where the sun was at 11 (I think that's what the devs said, where the sun was way too bright)? :)

I think I may need to get into this. Dayz just does not want to run well on my PC and this runs half decent, even in the areas with a lot of buildings. It feels like a nice mix between rust and Dayz. I joined the steam group (mr. mckenna) and bookmarked the teamspeak address. Hope to have some adventures with you guys!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
What on earth are you talking about.
and you can rebind keys in valve games...

Also does your limited american mind understand that not everyone has a qwerty keyboard?
My country uses azerty layout
, wasd translates into zqsd and many other keys are different too, try running around with zqsd on your keyboard.
Why would you live there?

kcxiv

the lighting updatei is now? time to try.

lighting is slighly off. They said patch in the morning to fix a few things and one being loot, im strickly BR right now, no reason to get on if you cant find any damn loot, not even backpacks or scrap cloth. I got into a gun battle and barely won with 6 percent health and im out of bandages. i healed up to like 30 percent, but there has been NOTHING in any house i checked. So going to wait until its fixed.

kcxiv

Wish the way to get into battle Royale's was different, im number 600 in the queue lol

*edit*

Bah i get in, make it to the top 30 and servers are coming down in 2 minutes... booo

Compsiox

Banned
I decided to be friendly and give some people a ride in my car. We were all having fun and scavenged for loot in a few towns. Then 2 of them teamed up, found a shotgun, killed me, and stole the car.

Fuck being friendly.

kcxiv

I decided to be friendly and give some people a ride in my car. We were all having fun and scavenged for loot in a few towns. Then 2 of them teamed up, found a shotgun, killed me, and stole the car.

Fuck being friendly.

never attempt a team up when there is 2 people playing together and you are the 3rd wheel. haha

BizzyBum

I think I just had a team in BR pull off some velociraptor-type shit on me.

Saw a dude crouching behind a rock straight ahead of me. Try to sneak up and go to the side a bit to get a better angle. Right as I'm about to shoot another dude who was hiding behind another rock to the left side of me lights me up. Clever shits. I was like...

wee-bey.gif

kcxiv

I don't think they started as a team though. When I found them they were fighting each other with hatchets.

It was all a ploy :(
i seen 2 guys doing that earlier on Antidote. i was hanging out on the balcony of a 2 story house,. So i took my rifle and headshotted the first one, 2nd one took over into the woods. lol i might ahve shot him in the leg, but not sure! lol

Everyone dies! especially if i have gear on me.

So I've been trying to add my mouse buttons to the keybinds. Its the naga hex. Has six buttons on the side. Button 1 and 2 are usually seen as mouse 4 and mouse 5. When I try to bind it I get an error that its already bound. The rest of the buttons come up fine but not these two. Can't find any keybinds for mouse 4 and 5.

kcxiv

Man, i had to make a tough choice killed a guy in a 2 story house, he had a shotgun, AR on him. I had a 1911 and the rifle on me, 50 rounds on the 1911 and 30 on the rifle, AR i have like 20. I had to ditch the bow. But now i dont have anythign to kill zombies with unless i make alot of noise. Wish they let you hold a melee weapon along with the 3 slots. im not asking to hold 3 differnt melee weapons, but the combat knife you can get should always be an option even with the guns.

kcxiv

4th place in Battle Royale. Got a fucking event ticket. Woopty fuckin doo!
i got top 10 earlier, i got an event ticket as well and 2 mistery bags.

I dont really care about the rewards, i got for the anxiety when you get down under the top 30. haha

Compsiox

Banned
i got top 10 earlier, i got an event ticket as well and 2 mistery bags.

I dont really care about the rewards, i got for the anxiety when you get down under the top 30. haha

The anxiety is definitely real. I hate how you have to run to the safe zone as soon as you spawn so you won't get stuck in the fog. That's not what the mode should be. I hope they notice that.

kcxiv

The anxiety is definitely real. I hate how you have to run to the safe zone as soon as you spawn so you won't get stuck in the fog. That's not what the mode should be. I hope they notice that.
Its to fast right now. before it was too slow, but they upped the fog and just force people to fight like its in a dog fight. They need to slow down the timer on the BR. They upped it way to much.

Via Reddit.
Greetings, Survivors!

It’s been a busy and exciting time for the H1Z1 team since we launched EA a few weeks ago. As many of you are likely aware, our team underwent some staffing changes this week. We want to assure you all, this wasn’t an uncalculated change. We just weren’t in a position to share this information with the community until the details were in place. Given the nature of these circumstances, we realize this has triggered a great amount of speculation regarding the future of H1Z1, but let us reassure you that we are continuing to forge down the same path we have always been on with this game.

So, what exactly has changed? Absolutely nothing. We’re properly staffed to move forward with our current development strategy. We’ll continue to be a transparent development team and we’ll continue on our promise and commitment to making this a player driven game. You, the players are ultimately steering this ship based on your involvement and feedback.

Right now, our primary focus is to stabilize the current iteration of H1Z1. Once we’ve ironed out the larger issues and overall stability, we’ll move on to our next phase which includes the rollout of our development Roadmap. Based on a simple voting system, your feedback and participation will have a direct impact on the future of new and expanded features in H1Z1. On the visual side of things, we have some really cool stuff in the works. A revised male player model with more customization options, as well as a female character model! Player Studio integration is also on the horizon for those of you with the chops to make killer art. And, some more emotes that really make the role playing fun!

We, the dev team, appreciate your support and understanding in this matter. The H1Z1 community is one of the most passionate groups of players we’ve ever had and it shows with all the positive vibes you’re sending across social networks. We thank you all for this!

We’ll be hosting a livestream on Twitch next Tuesday, February 17th at 11:00 a.m. PT. Just like our previous stream, it will be a large group Q&A. This will give you the opportunity to ask us your burning questions about H1Z1.

Now get back to the Apocalypse and fight the good fight!

The H1Z1 Team

BizzyBum

I like the new green circle indicator for BR, but it's a really bad decision to have it placed on the map immediately. Much more fun when everyone gets to spread out and not know where the safe zone immediately is. Hope they change it back to the way it was.

mnannola

I like the new green circle indicator for BR, but it's a really bad decision to have it placed on the map immediately. Much more fun when everyone gets to spread out and not know where the safe zone immediately is. Hope they change it back to the way it was.

I didn't see mine for at least a few minutes at the start of the game. Maybe when the first message comes about gas is when it appeared. I had to run my ass constantly after seeing it to barely make it to the circle.

Varna

Wasn't sure if I could invest in another one of these DayZ clones after the actual standalone kind of depressed me. I like this game though.

Definitely feels very familiar... but things actually work this time around. Smacking zombies feels good, the act of picking up items isn't an absolute chore and latency in general is a lot better. This game also strikes a much better balance at keeping all the systems interesting AND fun. In DayZ the moment you were hit by gunfire you might as well suicide... you will most likely not survive. The same thing might happen in this game, but you have a much better chance at running away and healing. I also hear that better zombie hordes are coming and that will hopefully help with the KOS mentality (though maybe it won't). To this day DayZ still doesn't have zombie hordes right?

kcxiv

Wasn't sure if I could invest in another one of these DayZ clones after the actual standalone kind of depressed me. I like this game though.

Definitely feels very familiar... but things actually work this time around. Smacking zombies feels good, the act of picking up items isn't an absolute chore and latency in general is a lot better. This game also strikes a much better balance at keeping all the systems interesting AND fun. In DayZ the moment you were hit by gunfire you might as well suicide... you will most likely not survive. The same thing might happen in this game, but you have a much better chance at running away and healing. I also hear that better zombie hordes are coming and that will hopefully help with the KOS mentality (though maybe it won't). To this day DayZ still doesn't have zombie hordes right?
Dayz has stationary zombies that run at you when your in the line of site even if thier backs are turned to you. lol

The hordes are comign along with them turning up the zombie AI. Im curious to see how that is going to work.

If you want to basebuild, go for it, but dont think your stuff is going to be safe, its not, hackers and bugs do not allow it at this time. Just do it just to see how it works and maybe you will find a butg someone else hasnt, but its not going to be the protector of all your loot.

Other then that, its a fun game. Battle ROyale is a blast too.

BizzyBum

I play more BR then the base game, atm. It'll be more fun once they squash the big bugs and start adding actual content to the game.

I hope they make zombies more of a threat. That's the thing I always found lame in DayZ. Zombie AI was atrocious and they are an afterthought. I really hope H1Z1 makes them formidable and in large quantities so it's not just other people you're worried about.

Varna

I play more BR then the base game, atm. It'll be more fun once they squash the big bugs and start adding actual content to the game.

I hope they make zombies more of a threat. That's the thing I always found lame in DayZ. Zombie AI was atrocious and they are an afterthought. I really hope H1Z1 makes them formidable and in large quantities so it's not just other people you're worried about.

There are some videos floating around on the zombie hordes they plan to add... looks pretty nuts. Basically people will have to cooperate to to take them out to loot downs.

kcxiv

There are some videos floating around on the zombie hordes they plan to add... looks pretty nuts. Basically people will have to cooperate to to take them out to loot downs.

I hope they can put zombies in like state of Decay, some like some super bad ass zombie that takes a few people to kill but nets some good loot. THat shit should be hilarious watching people trying to kill that guy and then other players.

Top Bottom