• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

belushy

Banned
That Halo 5 small trailer is mixed. I saw arena and got happy but then i saw new abilities,not sure what it means exactly though.

Frank said in this thread that they are not Armor Abilities. So I'm guess new Spartan abilities like (potentially) Double Jumps, wall running and stuff like that.

"To find him, you have to forget the stories. Forget the legends. You have to do more than walk in his footsteps. For he is more than the sum of his actions. I tell you this not because I trust you, Agent Locke, but because all of our lives are at stake. Because the seeds of our future are sown in his past."

I will rewatch that trailer sooooo many more times after work. Also, here's a link to the high res version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGPiSpTw4w

Wonder what the updated Halo 2 maps will be? Ascension, obviously. Then, Midship and Lockout (kind of) both go graphics updates in Halo 3 so those might me out.

BigShow36

It sounds like there's an extra H2A playlist with a select few updated maps as well as refined gameplay (if it has lower Aim Assists, that would be amazing).

So how exactly will playlists work>

hopefully they won't be foolish enough to think they can just plop all four games with their various mechanics/styles/nuances/etc into generic "team slayer"/"team objective" playlists and will have specific Halo 1/2/3/4 places you can go

i mean that would be just stupid

That Halo 5 small trailer is mixed. I saw arena and got happy but then i saw new abilities,not sure what it means exactly though.

It seems like everyone will have a jetpack, PV, Thrusterpack , etc like crysis. I don't know about loadouts or sprint I'm guessing at least sprint is still in.

All online, all 1080p, all 60fps. All co-op too.

H2 anniversary also has classic and new campaign graphics with instant switching.

I just honestly don't even know what to think right now.

Halo: CE dedicated MP in 1080/60fps. I wouldn't even have dreamed of such a thing.

You folks just renewed my love for the franchise.

Booties

Banned
Okay I know it was said Xbox One only earlier but what is up witht his boxart then? Did Amazon just make it themselves?

71tOXqOW0GL._SL1300_.jpg

Some nerd probably made it and they didn't check.

Havok

I want to be excited. I need more information - what are the game-specific playlists like? How are you going to clone enough people to support four playlist environments simultaneously? How faithful are the gametypes to the originals (sticky arming, proximity contesting, all of the great Halo 2-only settings whose absence made objective gametypes in later games such a disappointment)? Are you seriously going to have SMG starts? Why are you monsters? How many playlists per game are we talking here? There's no way you can realistically mirror end-of-life states for each of those games - the population just can't support it.

I need to know these things because that mixed voting lobby as described sounds terrible.

Takashi

Unfortunately I never had the chance to play Halo 2 online back in its day, so I'm really excited to finally experience that.

Released

Playlist stuff is a legitimate concern, but I imagine I'll be spending most of my time in customs anyway.

CE online at 60fps. I must be dreaming.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys, I just reserved the official collection OT. If anyone wants to collaborate, let me know! Though honestly if Ghaleon decides to come out of Halo retirement for it or something, I'd give it up.

Obscured

If I have one concern it is not being able to use bumper jumper across the board. I actually will be one who will really like to jump around the different MP versions, so I'm probably going to be terrible if I'm constantly confusing the control schemes.

jem0208

sQ0sRnT.png

Serious lack of scope on this fucking gun.

Maybe they're going all out with the whole: "Reticule is part of the visor thing"...

I'm not gunna get too annoyed because atm we have next to no info. But there better be a scope Frankie.

FourDoor

Stinkles, can you clarify if the Halo 5 Beta invite and the other extras are exclusive to the disk only purchase or will those be available for us Digital Download only buyers as well?

Looks like that IGN article cleared this up for me:

Meanwhile, multiplayer matchmaking will offer the usual assortment of playlists you’ve come to expect from Halo games – Team Snipers, Rumble Pit, etc. – and let players vote on which map they want next. But what’s cool is that you may be presented with three choices that span three different games. Say, Halo: CE’s “Wizard,” Halo 2’s “Lockout,” and Halo 3’s “The Pit.” Whichever gets the most votes is the game that MCC will launch, after which you’ll be taken back to the multiplayer lobby with your friends. Finally, the Extras menu is home to the Nightfall digital feature as well as the launch pad for December’s Halo 5: Guardians multiplayer beta. It will run from December 27, 2014, and end on January 22.

Soooo hyped right now... The thoughts of reliving Halo 2 maps in HD and on the same token Halo 1 on dedicated servers has me reminiscing about all those thousands of hours spent on this game.

Thank you 343i... Thank you.

Nirvana

This is utter perfection. 343 have gone above and beyond what anyone had wished for in their wildest dreams here. This has instantly reinvigorated my love for this franchise and I will be spamming Halo 2 campaign with new vigor come release day.

The ability to shift between each game is an amazing idea and something I hadn't even thought possible. I'm fucking in awe. Truly astounding work. That's the real point here - work. They obviously care about the franchise and haven't fucking half-arsed their plans here, honestly, fantastic work guys.

/haloboner.

antigoon

Purely regarding this mixed playlist thing and concerns about population, I almost wish it was just Halo 2 and Halo CE multiplayer, with all the maps from Halo 3 ported over to 2. Don't care one bit about anything from 4.

Halo CE and 2 are wildly different games. 3's multiplayer was just a better-looking, slightly worse version of 2's with lamer maps.

Obviously just a fantasy at this point, but that would have been my ideal scenario.

Top Bottom