• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how few items I actually want - I never find much satisfaction in opening req packs.

Any time an armour mod or new br type pops - or when I get lucky and eventually start to get dmr's I'll be happy

But those items are so few and far between that I haven't felt that need to grind for req's for a long while

It's going to annoy me when the halo 1 pistol skin exists but I have too low a chance of getting It due to how many random mongoose variants exist just to stop me from getting it lol

Not a complaint btw - just a personal vent - the req system in general is nice enough and a good money maker for 343 but I think I would personally prefer a less chance based system

Considering how few items I actually want - I never find much satisfaction in opening req packs.

Any time an armour mod or new br type pops - or when I get lucky and eventually start to get dmr's I'll be happy

But those items are so few and far between that I haven't felt that need to grind for req's for a long while

It's going to annoy me when the halo 1 pistol skin exists but I have too low a chance of getting It due to how many random mongoose variants exist just to stop me from getting it lol

Not a complaint btw - just a personal vent - the req system in general is nice enough and a good money maker for 343 but I think I would personally prefer a less chance based system

CE pistol's not in yet, tho.

Loomba

Not a complaint btw - just a personal vent

You should be able to craft what you want (at a much higher cost, to compensate) ala Hearthstone.

You could be opening packs for months/years and still not have what you want.

Trup1aya

Not a complaint btw - just a personal vent

Since I discovered the value of opening bronzes, my enjoyment of opening packs increased 10 fold. Even if I get a certification I don't need, it's I'm like "yes, my silver packs are going to be awesome".

Now when open silvers, I almost always get something I'll use.

I have been playing Arena pretty much non stop since launch and thoroughly enjoying it.

After dipping my toe into Warzone just a couple of times, I decided last night to have another bash. All those Warzone XP/RP bonus cards I had needed to be used, right!

It was great fun and a refreshing change from the Arena side of things. I wasn't particularly great, took a while to find the best approach and such, but all in all I enjoyed it.

Arena will always be my GOAT, but nice that Warzona is an option if I want something a little more crazy.

Gnasher

Neo Member
My first 60 games I bought nothing but Bronze. Doing it any other way is a waste of Req points, because you'll get a bunch of single use stuff and will probably won't see those items again for a while...

By going with bronze, I got certifications for BR, gun gooses, wart hogs, rail guns, and ghosts... Which is pretty much all you'll ever need. The other stuff is just icing on the cake.

Now when I open silver I usually get some icing everytime.

Yes first tab is your loadout weapons. Certifications are also concidered permanent items, but they just make sure you get the certified item frequently...

For example, Now I have no qualms about using my warthogs frequently, because get them so often.
How do I know when I should move from buying only bronze to then buying silver? And them from solver to gold eventually?

I want to get everything unlocked and feel i'm going the wrong way about it at the moment!

I don't really mind though because I'm absolutely loving this game.

Sai

Jesus... I'm guessing it was a full party. First time I've seen such a thorough thrashing in a Warzone match; they gave us no quarter.

On a more positive note, one of the Warzone REQ packs gave me the default Sentinel Battle Rifle, and I'm in love with this thing's scope.

Unlocking armour is not exciting to me, nearly all the halo 4-5 armour designs are ugly to me and they carry so much weird detail they all look like a mashup of each other at medium and far range, might as well just stick everyine on chief's armour and leave it at that.

There's so many armour unlocks to go through you end up seeing two pieces in a gold req pack and sighing.

Quick Question, anyone noticed if there is a problem with the Arena RP bonus? I got some ultra rare ones and before I use them, I wanna make sure it will be worth something. I'm asking because I saw a short thread on Waypoint discussing it, Also, when it says, use the card and then claim your extra XP. Do you get your extra points automatically?

thanks guys!

Sai

Aww... I was hoping to come back home to some BTB today.

Oh well.

Quick Question, anyone noticed if there is a problem with the Arena RP bonus? I got some ultra rare ones and before I use them, I wanna make sure it will be worth something. I'm asking because I saw a short thread on Waypoint discussing it, Also, when it says, use the card and then claim your extra XP. Do you get your extra points automatically?

thanks guys!
If you use them, you'll get the specified bonus RP & XP upon completion of the next match.

Eric WK

Check your Requisitions on Halowaypoint to see if you've gotten all your Commons.

You will also start getting an "Uncommon" 500 RP refund in most bronze packs you open. Likewise, when you exhaust permanent unlocks from silver packs will you get a 3000 RP refund indicating that it's time to move on to gold.

Trup1aya

How do I know when I should move from buying only bronze to then buying silver? And them from solver to gold eventually?

I want to get everything unlocked and feel i'm going the wrong way about it at the moment!

I don't really mind though because I'm absolutely loving this game.

Check out Halowaypoint.com, it shows you each item you have unlocked and its rarity. I still have about 40 common cosmetic items, 3 common loadout weapons, and 1 common vehicle that I need at cert for...

I've started going for silvers now, probably a bit prematurely, but the odds of me getting uncommon or better permanent items is high enough for me not to be to bothered.

Edit: does anyone know if there is a certification for the random weapon/vehicle cards?
Edit2: shit I forgot about visors and emblems... I wish they'd get that stuff out of my req system, I really don't care what my Spartan looks like... I've got 44 common items to go... So probably about 30 more games before I have it all. I guessI'm going back to bronze for a while... Just opened 3 bronze packs and got 3 common permanents,

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I can't believe in 2016 we have to dig through twitter posts to find something as important as a significant milestone release date.

Step it up.

BraXzy

Bah, uncommon and rare unlocks from the Warzone bundle. Biggest waste of money ever. My mistake to grab it I guess :L

darthbob

Bah, uncommon and rare unlocks from the Warzone bundle. Biggest waste of money ever. My mistake to grab it I guess :L

Best to save them for after you go through Bronze and Silver I've found.

Last week got the same shit, Uncommons for days. :(

BraXzy

Best to save them for after you go through Bronze and Silver I've found.

Last week got the same shit, Uncommons for days. :(

I shouldnt have to grind out Bronzes and silvers for days just to make a decent return from an investment worth half the game. It should be ultra rare minimum, whether it be armour or certs IMO.

E92 M3

I can't believe in 2016 we have to dig through twitter posts to find something as important as a significant milestone release date.

Step it up.

MTIwNjA4NjMzOTI5NjMxMjQ0.jpg

Eric WK

They're like anything else, the more crap you've already unlocked the better they're going to be. You can just wait until you're up to gold packs to open them.

But you're right. For the cost, they should guarantee better drops.

Trup1aya

I shouldnt have to grind out Bronzes and silvers for days just to make a decent return from an investment worth half the game. It should be ultra rare minimum, whether it be armour or certs IMO.

At that point It's pay to win... (And less of a revenue generator)

If people could guaruntee themselves all the awesome gear by spending money, they'd really be getting an unfair advantage.

At least having you grind silver and bronze first, means you've invested as much time an effort as the non paying folks who end up with that gear.

Since I discovered the value of opening bronzes, my enjoyment of opening packs increased 10 fold. Even if I get a certification I don't need, it's I'm like "yes, my silver packs are going to be awesome".

Now when open silvers, I almost always get something I'll use.

Oh I know about this

The problem is I don't have much time to grind the packs - if I was to focus solely on bronze packs it would be months before I was able to upgrade to silver and even then there are enough silver items that would stop me getting the few items I actually want

Again not a complaint against the system - just a personal rant

BraXzy

At that point It's pay to win... (And less of a revenue generator)

If people could guaruntee themselves all the awesome gear by spending money, they'd really be getting an unfair advantage.

At least having you grind silver and bronze first, means you've invested as much time an effort as the non paying folks who end up with that gear.

Make it cosmetic unlocks only then I don't mind. Buying Req packs is literally paying to win anyhow, its just pretty minor in the long run since you still need Req level and energy and you have finite cards. So it still wouldn't really matter.

Archpath1

Oh I know about this

The problem is I don't have much time to grind the packs - if I was to focus solely on bronze packs it would be months before I was able to upgrade to silver and even then there are enough silver items that would stop me getting the few items I actually want

Again not a complaint against the system - just a personal rant

You play warzone?
Its pretty much 1 bronze pack a game, 2 with a win plus doing good, if you can manage to unlock about half, you'll see an improvement overall

I wonder if our would have been better to give players REQ points, like 100,000rp for that bundle purchase, let them choose how they spend it

You play warzone?
Its pretty much 1 bronze pack a game, 2 with a win plus doing good, if you can manage to unlock about half, you'll see an improvement overall

I prefer arena to warzone and while I play it I wouldn't really play it just to farm rp

Again I'm not really looking for advice as such as I have no interest in 100 completing my req card library, I'm just making a comment that where I'm only fitting in a few hours of halo a week I'll probably never touch the very few items I actually want

It's not meant to be whiny either as I totally get it - just more of an observation as to why I've personally lost interest in the req system so quickly despite initially being sucked in by it

Ultimately all unlock systems have their drawbacks so it's not a complaint as such

Would be nice to have the option to spend (a lot) of REQ points to buy specific cards like in Hearthstone. Maybe not certifications but individual WZ items and cosmetics.

pieface

Weirdly, I'm now starting to notice the problems people are reporting with aiming?

I find it really hard to aim grenades at times because if I move my crosshair up the speed seems faster than moving it side to side, which is just really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom