• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY IN BLUE BLAZES DID 343 NOT FREAKING PUT THIS FREAKING VIDEO IN THE FREAKING GAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3V061QDUYI

It could have perfectly tied into the actual intro with Osiris.

DAMMIT 343.

martin3.png
Holy moly. Thanks so much for posting, Halo makes sense now! Yeah - Stinkles get this plus a halo 5 recap into halo 6 pls thx.

Did you take all those photos you used for the examples? Because I'm going to use them going forward. I've been complaining about the fog, tint, haze, lighting for a long time. Ever notice how there is also an overuse of one color and then several shades of the same color?
I made all the photos myself without any changes or movement. Just in game photos exactly how anyone should see it other than some different in tvs. Would be easier if I had some people to setup in spots but who wants to do that. But I think this would only further show the issues between the two games actually.

I'm going to.make some more photos to show other things such as textures and map designs, sight lines.

I think those shades is a big problem with metallics though. The Rig really needs differ things on the walls to.break up some of those rooms in red spawn.posters or lines or something

Holy shit this game is bad.

/Warzone

Between the shit campaign, the reduced features, and the sheer contempt for the player demonstrated in Warzone, I think 343i may very well have finally put the bullet in the Halo legacy's head with Halo 5. It was already bloodied and broken after the failures of Halo 4 and Halo: MCC, but this final failure could just be the kill shot.

Well done 343i. You may have killed a juggernaut.

/Warzone

Between the shit campaign, the reduced features, and the sheer contempt for the player demonstrated in Warzone, I think 343i may very well have finally put the bullet in the Halo legacy's head with Halo 5. It was already bloodied and broken after the failures of Halo 4 and Halo: MCC, but this final failure could just be the kill shot.

I can't tell anymore, is this sarcasm?

Madness

I made all the photos myself without any changes or movement. Just in game photos exactly how anyone should see it other than some different in tvs. Would be easier if I had some people to setup in spots but who wants to do that. But I think this would only further show the issues between the two games actually.

I'm going to.make some more photos to show other things such as textures and map designs, sight lines.

I think those shades is a big problem with metallics though. The Rig really needs differ things on the walls to.break up some of those rooms in red spawn.posters or lines or something

Just look at Midship, to Heretic to Zealot to Truth. I agree with a lot of what you say. It's my biggest issue with Halo games post 4.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I feel like when you unlock one part of an armor set, it increases the chance you will get the matching part of that set in the future. I am missing plenty of Uncommons but today I opened 2 packs and received Foehammer Echo body from the first and Foehammer Echo helmet from the second. This has happened plenty of times to me, but I still have some outlier armor pieces that packs refuse to give me the matching body/helmet for.

I only bring this up because I just got the ultra rare Wetwork body armor out of a gold pack and I am hoping this means I am more likely to get the Wetwork helmet in the future since I adore the Wetwork helmet.

Was wondering about this myself. When you unlock and equip a "set", it automatically comes with the helmet, I'm assuming, and equips them both? A bit confused.

Probably gonna save up my remaining premium packs for the next weeks. Last week's haul was horrid, so definitely trying to get all of the junk out of the way till I switch to premium/golds.

Pez

/Warzone

Yeah, I tried to give this game a fair shake, but I just uninstalled it tonight and don't plan on returning, even for their BTB offerings.

The fact that the game's entire player investment system is wrapped up in a mode I can't find any enjoyment in just kills it for me.

Dubz

/Warzone

Lmfao. Your post has no specifics about what you're pissed about. Just pure hyperbole.

The Sum of Zero

Gold Member

/Warzone

thisisbait.jpg

Trup1aya

Which packs should I buy to get the permanent loadout stuff? I'm assuming the first tab in the req menu is for permanent weapons and not one time uses.

Also for all the frustration it's almost worth it to release all my venom and hatred when I hijack some dudes mantis as soon as it's been called in. Like "I hope you spent real money on this jerk".

My first 60 games I bought nothing but Bronze. Doing it any other way is a waste of Req points, because you'll get a bunch of single use stuff and will probably won't see those items again for a while...

By going with bronze, I got certifications for BR, gun gooses, wart hogs, rail guns, and ghosts... Which is pretty much all you'll ever need. The other stuff is just icing on the cake.

Now when I open silver I usually get some icing everytime.

Yes first tab is your loadout weapons. Certifications are also concidered permanent items, but they just make sure you get the certified item frequently...

For example, Now I have no qualms about using my warthogs frequently, because get them so often.

Naked Lunch

The core gameplay on H5 is just ridiculously good with a very very high skill ceiling. The quality level jump from H4 is astounding. We just need way more maps. The look of MP aint pretty either but I guess thats the price you pay for framerate. It reminds me of FZero N64 in that regard. BTB should fill a massive void. BTB CTF wih this gameplay should be incredible.

RobNBanks

Banned
The core gameplay on H5 is just ridiculously good with a very very high skill ceiling. The quality level jump from H4 is astounding. We just need way more maps. The look of MP aint pretty either but I guess thats the price you pay for framerate. It reminds me of FZero N64 in that regard. BTB should fill a massive void. BTB CTF wih this gameplay should be incredible.

I don't think it has anything to do with 60fps. 343 just has this ugly art direction in their games.

Too much Alley Viper

68861.jpg

;p

LOL got me good there :))

Anyway, my k/d started going positive most matches and started winning Free For All. I think I won 5 matches in a row yesterday, Diamond 2 or 3, can't remember. The first week was very painful for me, I was a mess but it's really starting to become second nature. Maintaining a positive kd in free for all deserves a prize on it's own lol.

No lag for the last few days, been good. Had some really close games. My team mates though, always feel like a hindrance. When you see some one with a sniper aiming across map, don't was infront of them. It's rude.

Also figured out why the pistol doesn't feel powerful to me, forgot I turned of vibration feedback, lolol.

So Halo5GAF, just wondering:

What is your favorite Halo game, and why is it Halo 3?
Halo 3 is the worst one in the series. Try again.

/Warzone

But did you actually play the game though? Seems like you didn't.

Easy Breezy

Neo Member
I don't understand why both teams don't have a chance to attack/defend in Warzone Assault, especially considering how much harder it is for the attacking team to win compared to the defending team.

Player kills are not that important in Warzone, thought a Pro player like you knew that ;)
I know, but it's how these kills are happening that upset me with losing.

Going into East Armory, killing the 3 marines, killing the defending player, and following it up by killing the rushing players and getting an overkill, only to die and lose the capture at 75% because I die from the follow up respawn Rush, without any team mates around aiding the capture, is what frustrates me.

Just lost a game where I dropped 40 kills, where were in the lead, because my team mates couldn't hold Garage and we lose all points, and we can't regain Our Spawn armory frustrates me. They were just dicking around in spawn while I was trying to make something happen. At least 4 times I managed to make it to the enemies spawn armory, and get it to 90% before once again falling to 4 of them respawning and rushing me, all the while my team mates can't either)

A) Follow and aid me
B) Hit up Our Armory while I have half the team distracted

They instead choose to just stay in our armory, defending the core that the enemy team was not attacking, because they just wanted to extend the game.

I know I shouldn't take Warzone this serious, but it's hard not too when:

A) 343 themselves want you to take it serious by enforcing bans for Quitting and Inactivity.
B) 343 tracks stats from and make it factor into your K/D ratio.
C) They display your Win loss ratio in game on the profile
D) Winning rewards you with almost 50% more XP and RP.

See, I want to have fun too without stressing about bad teammates, but for some reason 343 didn't think adding a social playlist was worth while, so in the mean time I'm going to be frustrated when my team mates can't perform at a reasonable level in Warzone, wasting my time, my REQ cards, my stats, my everything.

Just give me a social playlist so I can just screw around and have fun, while earning RP and XP.

Trup1aya

I don't understand why both teams don't have a chance to attack/defend in Warzone Assault, especially considering how much harder it is for the attacking team to win compared to the defending team.

1) it would have the potential for some really long matches, and it would screw up my "match length:
req point" ratio.

2) Why do you feel this way. Seems like I win just as often as an attacker.

Trup1aya

Going into East Armory, killing the 3 marines, killing the defending player, and following it up by killing the rushing players and getting an overkill, only to die and lose the capture at 75% because I die from the follow up respawn Rush, without any team mates around aiding the capture, is what frustrates me.

Just lost a game where I dropped 40 kills, where were in the lead, because my team mates couldn't hold Garage and we lose all points, and we can't regain Our Spawn armory frustrates me. They were just dicking around in spawn while I was trying to make something happen. At least 4 times I managed to make it to the enemies spawn armory, and get it to 90% before once again falling to 4 of them respawning and rushing me, all the while my team mates can't either)

A) Follow and aid me

They instead choose to just stay in our armory, defending the core that the enemy team was not attacking, because they just wanted to extend the game.

A) 343 themselves want you to take it serious by enforcing bans for Quitting and Inactivity.

See, I want to have fun too without stressing about bad teammates, but for some reason 343 didn't think adding a social playlist was worth while, so in the mean time I'm going to be frustrated when my team mates can't perform at a reasonable level in Warzone, wasting my time, my REQ cards, my stats, my everything.

Just give me a social playlist so I can just screw around and have fun, while earning RP and XP.

Ok take a breather. Stop playing Warzone, play Warzone assault instead. That way your heroics will have a much larger impact on the game's outcome. You'll get your Req payouts at a faster pace, and more of them after each match. You'll also have more opportunities to complete commendations, netting you more XP.

A) Follow and aid me

Yeah, WZ Assault is probably more for you. I feel the same when playing regular WZ but Assault is a lot of fun.

I'm still mostly playing regular WZ because I need that "Win on all three WZ maps" achievement and I never win, ever.

I haven't played a lot of WA (can hardly find games), but in my experience it seems like the defenders easily win most of the time.

For me warzone assault is nothing more then farming req points.
Not even mad if the defending side wins because then a match is over in 6 min.
There is not really a req point incentive to win imho, still try to get high on the player list
because there is a small req point incentive...

Req point best case 6 min game
1200+- req points loss as assault on first capture.
1300+- req points win as defence on first base defended.

Dont know a faster way to aquire packs.

Bessy67

Woohoo! New Warzone Premium packs are up!

Edit: What a load of shit. Energy sword cert, rare plasma pistol cert, urban warthog cert, seeker horizon armor and goblin erlking helmet.

Demise

Best way to unlock assassination ? Only got Spin cycle.

And second question : Where can I see all the armor and helmet on the net ?

Akai__

Best way to unlock assassination ? Only got Spin cycle.

And second question : Where can I see all the armor and helmet on the net ?

There aren't really best ways to unlock anything, because it's all random. I'm in the process of buying Bronze packs only, until I get all the common stuff and packets include 500 RP.

You can check all the unlocked and locked stuff on Halo Waypoint. Obviously have to be signed in.

Pretty sure they said Monday.

Nope, they said "the week of the 16th".

Trup1aya

I haven't played a lot of WA (can hardly find games), but in my experience it seems like the defenders easily win most of the time.

It's hard to fully decipher Warzone stats, but looking at my history, it doesn't seem like I lose on offense anymore than I do on defense.

Infact, the fact that attackers need to capture 3 bases to win, while defenders can win by successfully defending just 1 of the 3, tells me that the role of attacking is probably generally easier. They offset this by giving defenders more opportunities to win.

I'm pretty positive I've just discovered a new set of easter eggs in halo 5. Kind of like the daggars in mission 1 that triggers by sequence. But this involves Blue Team. At first, I spotted an odd looking object. Nothing happened whatever I attempted up close. But by firing at it it triggered with a flare like effect. The other two I've found later had to be triggered by pressing X up close and then a white spark effect displayed. Each time you triggered all three a sound emits notifying you that whatever you did it worked.

I don't want to spoil the find just yet but thought I'd share here. Btw I have yet to figure out what happens when all of them are activated correctly. Idk how many there are exactly but so far I've only been able to find three and it looks like you can play on any difficulty to activate them unlike the flaming daggars within Fireteam Osiris Mission 1 on Legendary.

I'm pretty positive I've just discovered a new set of easter eggs in halo 5. Kind of like the daggars in mission 1 that triggers by sequence. But this involves Blue Team. At first, I spotted an odd looking object. Nothing happened whatever I attempted up close. But by firing at it it triggered with a flare like effect. The other two I've found later had to be triggered by pressing X up close and then a white spark effect displayed. Each time you triggered all three a sound emits notifying you that whatever you did it worked.

I don't want to spoil the find just yet but thought I'd share here. Btw I have yet to figure out what happens when all of them are activated correctly. Idk how many there are exactly but so far I've only been able to find there and it looks like difficulty settings does not apply to activate them.

You talking about the xenomorph looking tiny figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom