• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Bringing this idea over from OT1. I need it 343i. Please make this happen.

Warzone firefight needs to be a thing... I don't know if it should work quite like he explained... But with the Req system, it could be a thing of beauty (and an incredible source of revenue)

Other games have Horde modes... Zombie is pretty popular in COD. But none of them let you call in tanks...

Trup1aya

That would be glorious. Get to find out how many Warden Eternals one team can handle.

Man, the halo sandbox lends itself so well to this type of thing... That's why the lack of firefight in the last few games is so puzzling...

It's not just Wardens, we could have covenant drop ships all over the place, banshees, scarabs, wraith's, flood, hunter pairs, and all of the oblivious ground enemies and vehicles... It could be all out pandemonium. Halo could out-Battlefront Battlefront in terms of scale.

The possibilities are endless...

Leyasu

Banned
Warzone firefight needs to be a thing... I don't know if it should work quite like he explained... But with the Req system, it could be a thing of beauty (and an incredible source of revenue)

Other games have Horde modes... Zombie is pretty popular in COD. But none of them let you call in tanks...

12 player firefight would be fucking awesome.. Obviously it would need matchmaking though.

Some times it's nice just to chill and have a laugh whilst gaming with others. And playing that would be great. They could easily recup the cost through reqs. I reckon that every future map has already nearly been payed for anyway.

matthieuC

Like 5 wardens every last round. If you survive the team respawns. That'd be so fun. People would eat that shit up. I know I would.

Hmm, a new OT :). Hopefully today I get some better randoms, yesterday was awful... lost more then I'd like in Team Arena. Got to the point that I just switched to Warzone and won all of them but one. Went from Diamond 4 to Diamond 2 in Team Arena before saying fuck it. But I can't help it, Solo matchmaking is my jam. Also cannot wait for BTB this week.

Karl2177

To those of you that have the Sniper Rifle Cert, what type of pack did you get it in? It's one of the few low-ish level ones that I don't have.

To those of you that have the Sniper Rifle Cert, what type of pack did you get it in? It's one of the few low-ish level ones that I don't have.

Gold... always Gold :). And yes, I know that Silver is better technically until you get all those Permanent unlocks out of the way. But I have personally only opened one Silver pack using REQ Points since launch. The rest have been Gold unless I got a Silver pack from getting a new Spartan Rank or for completing a Commendation.

Zeta Oni

Bringing this idea over from OT1. I need it 343i. Please make this happen.

Glad to see its getting some good reception.

I think the biggest reason Warzone needs a PvE mode is that as it stands, who wants to use a badass legendary REQ card if they know they might just get capped in the face seconds out of their spawn?

People play with much more confidence against AI opponents since they are considered to be less dangerous than your average player, and as a result it's a much more relaxing and (for some people) rewarding experience.

This in turn would make people use their rare REQ cards more often, leading to the purchase of more REQ packs.

Also serves as a contender with Blops III zombies, and Destiny's strikes, which Halo 5 has no alternative in case people are looking for something similar.

But hey, if a random guy in a forum can think of this, I'm sure the idea has been floated around 343. Shame Frankie isn't around to give some feedback.

Edit: Oh, forgot one. Weapon sandbox. Sending a variety of enemies from different factions at the player encourages the players to pick up different weapons for the situation. This leads to more REQ's being used, and again that leads to more REQ's being bought.

All hail the conquering hero!!!

Aww yisss ot 2.

Yes a pve would sell reqs a lot more probably.

The ball is in your court 343i

Alll glory to frankie

BraXzy

I'm proud to be among the greatest...

Vb77TmX.png

Getting my Elite controller Monday, just in time for the patch.

Hey Unstable, remember when you were half awake and promised me your elite controller? What do you mean that never happened? It did I swear ;)

I hate the way the in-game reqs work in Warzone. If you get behind in a match or get put in one midway through, it's hard to fight all the gimmicks like tanks and snipers without any good reqs of your own.

It's not fun being killed over and over by a tank with no way to fight it.

BraXzy

You know what would've been amazing for custom games and given this game crazy life outside of the DLC...

AI enemies for forge. If they have this under wraps it would be awesome. But..

Just think, even if it was as simple as being able to spawn in the enemy pockets that drop into Warzone, so the AI is pre-done. Maybe you could set up a basic zone they could wander in and set their initial setting from passive to aggresive scouting or whatever.

You could make your own Warzone firefight, you could make a dungeon run, you could make crazy grunt party 2.0.

I was there you totally said you'd get us one.

See Unstable, two people on the internet can't both be lying.

Ramirez

I had maybe my worst string of matches in any Halo ever last night, was getting XBL messages left and right, just agreed with them on how shitty I was doing. ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom