• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Going through all the submissions for the montage this morning. Some really good stuff. Over 50 different people have submitted, with multiple clips. Surprised so few of the OG HaloGAF crew have though! I'll still accept them today if you want to go through your clips.

halogafmontage@gmail.com

I submitted some. Nothing great.

I hate the way the in-game reqs work in Warzone. If you get behind in a match or get put in one midway through, it's hard to fight all the gimmicks like tanks and snipers without any good reqs of your own.

It's not fun being killed over and over by a tank with no way to fight it.
Well you are on a team with 11 others. It would be equally shitty if you were fighting against 11 scorpions at once right? There must be balance padawan...

Fuchsdh

Still confused about how a knife is cutting through MJOLNIR armour. Makes no sense.

They're taking a knife to the visor. Makes sense it'd be weaker. And apparently those knives when wielded by Chief can punch straight through the armor of a Lich, so... *shrug* Close enough for me.

Did annoy me that in the cutscenes sometimes in Halo 5 the damage output of the weapons was wacky compared to the in-game power (that fight with 'Mdama's group especially.)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Would like some advice from good players!

I am not very good at this game. I don't have the time I did when I was younger to play 4 hours a day and git gud, so I thought I'd try to break down people's general strategy.

Do you aim for the head?

What is your usual evasion strategy? Example -- I usually end up jumping and trying to keep my reticle on my opponents head during a one on one exchange. Do you guys strafe? Zig-zag? Hover in mid air? Duck (this one seems to work better than you'd think it would)?

What is your preferred weapon between Pistol and Auto Rifle, and why?

What is up with the pistol? It seems insanely overpowered and seems to work better at a distance than the Assault Rifle.

Thanks guys, I'd actually like everyone to answer these questions if possible, very curious to see how you guys/gals get down. :)

I am not very good at this game. I don't have the time I did when I was younger to play 4 hours a day and git gud, so I thought I'd try to break down people's general strategy.

Do you aim for the head?

What is your usual evasion strategy? Example -- I usually end up jumping and trying to keep my reticle on my opponents head during a one on one exchange. Do you guys strafe? Zig-zag? Hover in mid air? Duck (this one seems to work better than you'd think it would)?

What is up with the pistol? It seems insanely overpowered and seems to work better at a distance than the Assault Rifle.

Thanks guys, I'd actually like everyone to answer these questions if possible, very curious to see how you guys/gals get down. :)

Yes, aim for the head. Strafe. Use your thruster packs. A big part of getting good is learning map flow and spawns.

16BitNova

Do you aim for the head?

Yes, aim for the head. Try not to continue the habit of jumping. This actually makes you easier to hit. It's one of the biggest rookie mistakes. Strafe and use thrusters. Also mix in standing still with your strafing. Strafe a bit and they expect you to continue strafing stopping in your tracks can throw them off and cause them to miss shots.

Do you aim for the head?

I'm only platinum but this is how I do things...

Aim for the body until you see the shields flare, then for the head.

Don't jump if you're out in the open, your "path" will be determined until you land/thruster after that so it's easy to hit you. Use the thruster to try to force the enemy to miss shots. Crouching works but don't stay crouched for more than a moment (don't use crouch toggle).

The pistol is a very good all-around weapon and can go head-to-head with other precision weapons at mid range. It's much harder to use than the Assault Rifle at close range though, so use them accordingly. The assault rifle also does extra damage for headshots after shields are down by the way, it's not a one shot kill like the pistol though.

Velcoro

screen-shot-2015-11-13-at-11-53-17-am-png.png

You guys seem to be convinced the BTB update is tomorrow and I hope that's true, but where was this confirmed?

All I have ever heard about the update's release is that it's coming this week, no further details. What did I miss?

Trup1aya

I hate the way the in-game reqs work in Warzone. If you get behind in a match or get put in one midway through, it's hard to fight all the gimmicks like tanks and snipers without any good reqs of your own.

It's not fun being killed over and over by a tank with no way to fight it.

It's not that bad really... Rail guns are a common req, so are plasma pistols...

Just make sure you spend a massive load on Bronze before you start buying anything else... It'll give you everything you need to be competitive in Warzone.

Golgo 13

Yes, aim for the head. Try not to continue the habit of jumping. This actually makes you easier to hit. It's one of the biggest rookie mistakes. Strafe and use thrusters. Also mix in standing still with your strafing. Strafe a bit and they expect you to continue strafing stopping in your tracks can throw them off and cause them to miss shots.

Great advice from everyone, please keep it coming!

By thrusters you mean B, right? Does anyone hover and shoot? Seems kinda lame since you're stationary

(unless you have a seriously good reason for the late entry - that, or your clip is amazing)

I am looking forward to getting stuck in.

71 Spartans have submitted clips, including myself.

Averages at about 4 clips per Spartan, at 30 seconds per clip. (Some users have submitted 10 or more clips)

Works out around 2 hours 15 minutes worth of footage to edit, not that I'll use all of it.

Wish I could put a more exciting intro together (I have a cool idea) - anyone here any good with Aftereffects or anything like that?

Ramirez

(unless you have a seriously good reason for the late entry - that, or your clip is amazing)

Averages at about 4 clips per Spartan, at 30 seconds per clip. (Some users have submitted 10 or more clips)

Works out around 2 hours 15 minutes worth of footage to edit, not that I'll use all of it.

Wish I could put a more exciting intro together (I have a cool idea) - anyone here any good with Aftereffects or anything like that?

lol, wtf??

Trup1aya

Warzone Assault. First game I go 11-4, 1323 REQ points. Second game I go 1-2, 1323 REQ points.

Wat.

You get a standard amount of points for completing the match...

Then the rest of your score is dependant on where you land in the standings...

Septic360

Banned
Going through all the submissions for the montage this morning. Some really good stuff. Over 50 different people have submitted, with multiple clips. Surprised so few of the OG HaloGAF crew have though! I'll still accept them today if you want to go through your clips.

halogafmontage@gmail.com

Can you this clip in?

THIS is the reason I haven't completed the campaign yet. Because I was foolish enough to think I'd do it on legendary... with THIS guy:

http://xboxclips.com/SEPTIC360/ce0744e3-dc21-4cfd-987f-9b8f8b2df9ca

Fml

IHaveIce

Banned

One clip per user should be enough I think lmao.

Zeta Oni

Damn. Only sent in 3 myself.

Golgo 13

I just got Platinum 1 ranked in Free For All. Is that decent for someone who doesn't play shooters anymore?

So I can't go below Platinum in rank this season now, right?

So nobody has any evidence supporting the claim that BTB comes out tomorrow? All I've heard is that it's this week, but that could be Friday.

BraXzy

My audio seemed really off last game. Certain sounds seemed really muted, like my headphones weren't plugged in properly even though they were.

Trup1aya

So nobody has any evidence supporting the claim that BTB comes out tomorrow? All I've heard is that it's this week, but that could be Friday.

I think you are right

Halowaypoint said:
The content is scheduled to drop the week of November 16,

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/november-sneak-peek

I read that when it was originally posted, and I was thinking omorrow was the day too... Wishful thinking...

I do wish 343i could be better with dates and confirmations.

Lol, submitted mine not 15 minutes ago :p

Feel free to ignore, my clips are pretty mediocre.

Ramirez

Didn't someone say there's a community update tomorrow? There's probably 0 chance of BTB hitting tomorrow if that's the case, lol.

Finally got around to finishing my solo legendary playthrough, took about 14 hours. I think there's slightly too many fights against prometheans in very similar arenas towards the end but otherwise it's a very solid campaign and one of the least frustrating ones on legendary without being any easier. Your team mates are actually quite useful if you target enemies for them and micromanage their positions a bit, I wiped fewer times on legendary than I did on heroic once I got the hang of it.

Edit: skipped the three Warden fight because fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom