• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT2| All Hail The Conquering Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

WHY IN BLUE BLAZES DID 343 NOT FREAKING PUT THIS FREAKING VIDEO IN THE FREAKING GAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3V061QDUYI

It could have perfectly tied into the actual intro with Osiris.

DAMMIT 343.

martin3.png

For someone that didn't follow the halo lore this helped a ton. I played "most" of the games but haven't read any of the books or anything.

This should of been in game.

Kibbles

Have any pros weighed in on button configurations for the elite controller? I remember that being a big deal but haven't seen any profiles like that.

Caja 117

So, anyone playing with the Elite controller? What do you have on the paddles?
as a BJ player my problem with that layout after Sprint was introduced, was feeling confortable sprinting using a face button, so with the elite I have sprint maped in one padle, I might try to map thruster in a different paddle too, but so far it feels natural in a face button, or having weapons zoom on it.

Trup1aya

This really didn't sound right so I looked it up....
Code:
[IMG]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/3/3c/Size_Comparison_-_CSO%2C_CAS_and_Infinity-class_Ships.png/revision/latest?cb=20150912113445[/IMG]
Halo needs more power level discussions to put things in perspective.

Just quit playing warzone AKA: "get shot by people who bought better guns than you", and that feeling goes away pretty quick. Arena is still great.

I felt this way in maybe my first 3 Warzone matches... Once I became decent with the pistol, and unlocked the BR, I could hang with the best of them, regardless of what they "bought".

I haven't spend a cent on req packs, and I find my self high up on the leader boards often enough... The system works pretty darn well, all things considered.

Question:

When you melee someone, does everyone drop to crouch after the melee, or is that just me?

Also, am i the only one in the world who after hitting a melee, has not gotten a kill when trying to shoot the downed shield opponent? i have 300+ games.

Game really seems fucked when I have things like that happen.

matthieuC

Question:

When you melee someone, does everyone drop to crouch after the melee, or is that just me?

Also, am i the only one in the world who after hitting a melee, has not gotten a kill when trying to shoot the downed shield opponent? i have 300+ games.

Game really seems fucked when I have things like that happen.
Melee to take down their shields, and then a headshot with the magnum for the kill. I don't crouch or anything. Just kind of strafe a bit.

My friends and I had a great session tonight that involved winning 11 of 15 games and a couple of incredibly high stress Breakout combacks, one in which we were down 4-0 and somehow managed to win 5-4 in the end. So much fun.

Elite controller worth it for a slightly above casual?

Just got one and wouldn't suggest it unless you have money to burn or want to spend a lot of time tuning.

I'm happy enough with it that I will keep it but I doubt I'll ever take full advantage of everything it offers.

Elite controller worth it for a slightly above casual?

I mean, they're better than a SCUF, so go for it if it interest you. The controller definitely feels premium and I LOVE playing with it, makes it hard to go back and play CSGO with a regular controller. I'm actually considering buying a second Elite just to have one "dedicated" to Counter-Strike and one Dedicated to Halo.

matthieuC

I mean, they're better than a SCUF, so go for it if it interest you. The controller definitely feels premium and I LOVE playing with it, makes it hard to go back and play CSGO with a regular controller. I'm actually considering buying a second Elite just to have one "dedicated" to Counter-Strike and one Dedicated to Halo.
At this point I'm pretty sure your posts are bait for everyone to comment on your buying decisions.

Fuchsdh

Finally got around to finishing my solo legendary playthrough, took about 14 hours. I think there's slightly too many fights against prometheans in very similar arenas towards the end but otherwise it's a very solid campaign and one of the least frustrating ones on legendary without being any easier. Your team mates are actually quite useful if you target enemies for them and micromanage their positions a bit, I wiped fewer times on legendary than I did on heroic once I got the hang of it.

Edit: skipped the three Warden fight because fuck that.

Yeah just finished my solo Legendary run too. I think the biggest difference that I felt compared to Halo 4 was that while I still feel like Elites sit around and get shot up like chumps, Jackals and Crawlers will get behind you and wreck you up before you know it; they're really much more aggressive than I'm used to.

And the constant spawning in reinforcements did get tiresome, especially since there doesn't need to be any announcement (like a dropship bringing them in.)

I did get a hang of powering up my allies with weapons and picking the targets they could kill without running off and getting shredded, but I dunno if ultimately the AI was a success or not. Co-op is a blast, and the additions work much better than the old "run around and hope my friend spawns back" system, so I hope that at least remains for the next game.

I felt this way in maybe my first 3 Warzone matches... Once I became decent with the pistol, and unlocked the BR, I could hang with the best of them, regardless of what they "bought".

I haven't spend a cent on req packs, and I find my self high up on the leader boards often enough... The system works pretty darn well, all things considered.

Which packs should I buy to get the permanent loadout stuff? I'm assuming the first tab in the req menu is for permanent weapons and not one time uses.

Also for all the frustration it's almost worth it to release all my venom and hatred when I hijack some dudes mantis as soon as it's been called in. Like "I hope you spent real money on this jerk".

I wouldn't say the Elite is better than the Scuf.

Scuf seems to have more customization available and you can actually purchase one at the moment.

I've heard good things.

Which packs should I buy to get the permanent loadout stuff? I'm assuming the first tab in the req menu is for permanent weapons and not one time uses.

Also for all the frustration it's almost worth it to release all my venom and hatred when I hijack some dudes mantis as soon as it's been called in. Like "I hope you spent real money on this jerk".

You want to start with Bronze packs to get as many certifications as possible, once you have lots of those move up to Silver then Gold, Gold doesn't mean it is better, yes it does have a lot of rare/legendary stuff but getting certifications first from bronze and silver can get you even more of those.

People always blowing their OT load early. Does no one wait until page 400 anymore?

ANYWAY

RE maps they need to scale them up.

Kinda funny because in Halo 4 I thought the maps were too big but Halo 4 size maps would be perfect with Halo 5's added speed.

Right now a lot of the maps feel way too small for how fast spartans move. Some frenetic, small maps (like Truth) are fine. But almost ALL of the Arena maps feel claustrophobic. It's why the spawn system feels so messed up.

Pegasus and maybe Eden feel like the biggest arena maps.

I'd like more outside open maps. Not every map needs such close quarters and dark settings. I'm not counting forge maps either. I still can't believe forge maps are in at launch.

Also, the Rig is one of the worst maps in Halo history.

Madness

I wouldn't say the Elite is better than the Scuf.

Scuf seems to have more customization available and you can actually purchase one at the moment.

I've heard good things.

I was actually talking about this with someone who was knowledgeable. They said in every way SCUF was still the better pro controller, especially the Infinity with the special grips. The Elite internally is still just a basic Xbox one controller. I'm still torn though.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

I don't have a definitive answer to your question but lately I've been buying Bronze packs and am suprised by the amount of unlocks I've been getting. Sure, you won't get really rare items, but if you're missing basic things like a Scorpion Tank, Sniper Rifle, or even a Battle Rifle it can be surprisingly successful.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Tonight on Matt Plays Halo.

A game of breakout. Lose 5 to 0.
Strongholds. Down a guy. I have 14 captures. We win.
Strongholds. Down a guy. I have 15 captures and most kills. We lose.
Strongholds. I have 12 captures. Most kills. We lose.

This game makes it VERY hard to enjoy when playing solo.

How do controller option help the aiming?

This

One thing that has become clear in absorbing all your feedback is that Halo players want choice when it comes to controls. And with that in mind, we are also working on another little pet project that will allow even more precise tuning. This update will offer more custom fine-tuned control over controller settings (hint: independent vertical/horizontal sensitivities, the ability to calibrate your own dead zones, more granularity in sensitivity, and more). We hope to have that out for you in December and we will follow up with more details later.

At the bottom of

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/november-sneak-peek

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Decided to give warzone a go, joined a game in progress (whyyyyy!?) In which my team had one base, was down 100 to 600, and had at least one tank, at least one loaded hog, and at least one banshee shitting on anyone dumb enough to leave our base. This mode is soooo fucked. Jip is so stupid. When the match ended I decided fuck it, selling all my warzone loot. Got something like 15000 rp for it.

Btb pls.

Decided to give warzone a go, joined a game in progress (whyyyyy!?) In which my team had one base, was down 100 to 600, and had at least one tank, at least one loaded hog, and at least one banshee shitting on anyone dumb enough to leave our base. This mode is soooo fucked. Jip is so stupid. When the match ended I decided fuck it, selling all my warzone loot. Got something like 15000 rp for it.

Btb pls.

That is the equivalent of joining a BTB game just as it ends. Don't blame the mode.

was sick with a cold all weekend. rallied my way up through gold and into platinum 1 on team slayer.

crouch hiding is a LOT more common now, matches last a bit longer. kinda like it

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
That is the equivalent of joining a BTB game just as it ends. Don't blame the mode.

It's the only mode with jip. Also, that's what warzone is. Dominate and spawn kill or be dominated and spawn killed. It's fucked.

arimanius

Tonight on Matt Plays Halo.

A game of breakout. Lose 5 to 0.
Strongholds. Down a guy. I have 14 captures. We win.
Strongholds. Down a guy. I have 15 captures and most kills. We lose.
Strongholds. I have 12 captures. Most kills. We lose.

This game makes it VERY hard to enjoy when playing solo.

I agree. My last few warzones and swat games have been horrible.

Anyone can feel free to friend me. I need some peeps to play with. Just let me know your from GAF.

GT: Angra Mainya

It's the only mode with jip. Also, that's what warzone is. Dominate and spawn kill or be dominated and spawn killed. It's fucked.

There are all kinds of routes available to out flank an enemy even when you are way down. I've personally taken over an enemy armoury on a number of occasions just by weighing where the current action is and where something is likely vulnerable. 12 Spartans don't have the capacity to hold the whole map, especially when 2/3rds of them are likely not communicating. Get on your mic and yell an order or give someone a heads up. You will be surprised that 2-3 guys suddenly are there to back you up. Your team doesn't want to lose and taking a base only helps their Req power.

In so far as join in progress, 3 times total I've had it happen and two on those times were with scores that just started. I've played 20-30 hours of it to.

Give it a few chances. Don't be that gamer who isolates only to the familiar.

Fuchsdh

At the 2:00 minute mark. What is that scene from? I've played through all of Halo 2 anniversary which is what I'm assuming that's from and never saw that cutscene with Locke and Arbiter.

That's the bookend cutscene from H2A.

WHY IN BLUE BLAZES DID 343 NOT FREAKING PUT THIS FREAKING VIDEO IN THE FREAKING GAME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3V061QDUYI

It could have perfectly tied into the actual intro with Osiris.

DAMMIT 343.

martin3.png

Yeah I wish they had a "Would you like to watch a video to catch you up on the story?" intro to the games now. At least then you'd allay some of the "what the hell is going on" comments people make.

Madness

Damn, haven't played a single doubles match and it's almost over. My cousins and other friends just weren't available to play. This is one Playlist that should be permanent. I'm not a fan of this changing Playlist stuff.

So APPARENTLY I had the BR and SMG already unlocked and they just need to be manually equipped whenever we hit req level 3, and then on top of that I also have some kind of assault rifle with a long range scope mod.

This is a little more fun now.

Do I have bad taste in helmets? My friends say I'm weird for liking Wetwork, Gungnir, Venator, Ranger, and even Raider. Are they right?

BraXzy

So Halo5GAF, just wondering:

What is your favorite Halo game, and why is it Halo 3?

Halo 3 is the best to me because prior to that I had mainly been playing stuff on handhelds. Halo 3 was my first big online game in general and I loved it, played it a lot over the course of two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom