• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians revealed - more at E3 - Fall 2015 [Box Art person is new guy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be awesome as fuck if the new protagonist wasn't a white, middle-aged, buzz-cut dude.

Bring on a female minority!
I was thinking we could start a hashtag campaign to let 343 know people would love to see a female master chief.

#HALO5FEMALEMC

Any thoughts?

Sai-kun

Banned
Am I alone in thinking this new character looks feminine? I don't think it's a guy in that suit.

Quoted for a new page:

GU61POrm.png

Bsigg12

It would be awesome as fuck if the new protagonist wasn't a white, middle-aged, buzz-cut dude.

I was thinking we could start a hashtag campaign to let 343 know people would love to see a female master chief.

#HALO5FEMALEMC

Any thoughts?

Look at the post underneath yours. 343 is already out setting it straight that it's a new male character.

Andodalf

Banned
Humanity was supposed to be the reclaimers of the Forerunners, not ancient technologically advance enemies that became ghost robots. Halo canon is easily retconned.

Reclaimed of the mantle. Which they were and are. Also stuff in 4, such as the Didact are referenced in Halo CE. And the terminals in 3 are all the librarian and (iso?) Didact. So yeah, 343 is standing pretty close to the Halo of bungie. And it makes sense, as a lot of them are exbungie.

Toxi

Banned
It'd be funny if they pulled a switch and had you play as the other Spartan, with the final boss being an AWOL Master Chief.

It'd be like a symbolic reenactment of what 343 did to the Halo franchise.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
What if they pulled a Dark Souls and made the New Spartan Dude a player controlled boss? That could be really cool, especially in an open world setting.

Booties

Banned
It's Cortana controlling an android made up of parts left over from Noble 6.

Wow.. Well done.

God I'm getting more and more excited about the idea of AWOL master chief being hunted down by an ONI Spartan. Very hyped right now. Already decided to buy the collectors edition.

Something tell me you decided you were buying the LE edition long before today.

#HALO5FEMALEMC

Any thoughts?

No.

Pretty sure this is the third time we've had the ADS discussion.

I want to say that if ADS takes a prominent role in Halo, I'm done. Realistically though, I'll still post on these forums about how shitty it is and hope they change it for the next Halo..

#NoADSHalo

Reclaimed of the mantle. Which they were and are. Also stuff in 4, such as the Didact are referenced in Halo CE. And the terminals in 3 are all the librarian and (iso?) Didact. So yeah, 343 is standing pretty close to the Halo of bungie. And it makes sense, as a lot of them are exbungie.

I don't think it's "a lot." I think it's less than 10.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
ADS would kill Halo. If MSFT is pressuring 343i to do it, I really hope 343i can say no, but then MSFT owns them, so what do you do?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Since people keep quoting this and thinking it's real: it's not. It was a pastebin post from last year that was obviously fake (it made the rounds in the halo threads) and I was making a joke out of it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My only real gripe, you really couldn't think of anythingelse to call it? It has to be what the former Halo devs call their lead characters?
Yeah, I agree. I know the term was already present in Halo lore, too, but it seems silly for 343 to put such a huge emphasis on it after Bungie already is with Destiny.

New character looks cool and great !

It might be Sarah Palmer?

I'm HYPED MS! Bravo.
Nah, that was already debunked.

wut

BAP (Box-Art Person) is my favorite protagonist this gen.

Until we get confirmation that it's Marlowe, I'm calling him Fudgie the Spartan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom