• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play FOR FREE 6.29 - 7.5

Cynn

I mean, that's a screenshot from the game. Complete with aliasing and compression artifacts and so on. Sure you're not usually playing with the HUD turned off from that viewpoint, but it's more or less representative.

Frankie with the logic burn.

Have you guys thought about doing a free to play multiplayer version of H5 with paid REQ packs/maps/etc? Halo 5 MP is SO DAMN GOOD. There's no way it wouldn't line people up for Halo 6.

Retail H5: Campaign - Earn points in MP to buy REQ packs - All Maps free

F2P H5: Campaign sold separately - REQ packs are real money only - Maps are sold separately.

Frankie with the logic burn.

Have you guys thought about doing a free to play multiplayer version of H5 with paid REQ packs/maps/etc? Halo 5 MP is SO DAMN GOOD. There's no way it wouldn't line people up for Halo 6.

Retail H5: Campaign - Earn points in MP to buy REQ packs - All Maps free

F2P H5: Campaign sold separately - REQ packs are real money only - Maps are sold separately.

honestly i was super hopeful this was annoucned at e3

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
now we just need confirmation, officially, of the continuation of monthly (or so) free content. some hints and teases would also be welcomed

now we just need confirmation, officially, of the continuation of monthly (or so) free content. some hints and teases would also be welcomed

We might get that in the next stream. They also haven't met their promised 15+ maps or whatever so there should be some maps after this at the very least.

op_ivy

15+ maps? of course they have! havent you played malta, hazard, hanger, purple reign, shurima, optic prison and cobalt in addition to at least as many big team forge maps? don't forget the valentines day breakout remixes, i think those counted too ;)

15+ maps? of course they have! havent you played malta, hazard, hanger, purple reign, shurima, optic prison and cobalt in addition to at least as many big team forge maps? don't forget the valentines day breakout remixes, i think those counted too ;)

I refuse to believe they counted forge maps.

op_ivy

I'm just still surprised Pegasus is still in rotation .......

i, strangely enough, rarely get it in matchmaking. while were on the topic though, am i alone in thinking the beta version was superior to the one we got now? i liked the additional ramp up to the top area

i, strangely enough, rarely get it in matchmaking. while were on the topic though, am i alone in thinking the beta version was superior to the one we got now? i liked the additional ramp up to the top area

I'd rather play on Overgrowth than Pegasus O_O....

New002

HsOuOzK.jpg

You're not dreaming ;)

They're right!

Fort Lauderdale, FL. The recent 20-something GB update on Killer Instinct took me like 2 and half days.

Most of my other things updated real fast, including past KI updates, but that one specific update took me like 3 days, past ones of about the same size did in like an hour tops, I am guessing that one update or the Live servers were hammered during that

Trup1aya

My advice to any data sensitive folks who want to partake in this is to go rent the game for $2 at redbox, just for the install. That way, you'll only have to download the expansions.

MS is thankfully done with F2P (as far as I can tell). I hope they never go down that road again. I.E. I'm stoked that Sea of Thieves isn't F2P.

This game would be perfect as a F2p title though... It already has MTs in place. Just give the game out and don't change a thing

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

What could you possibly mean by this, in this context?

lucius

Just got it digital but it's all good. Big game I filled up my hard drive in less than a week, will hook up an external this weekend.

This is a really good initiative; good on MS for doing this. I'm probably never going to own an Xbone, but Halo is the one MS series I consistently miss. There's just nothing else quite like it on consoles, and I even enjoyed Halo 4for the most part.

I really dont get why this game turned out soo big in size when other games are way smaller but offer way bigger worlds etc

They should allow a option to only Download MP or SP.

Leyasu

Banned
Best fucking halo hands down, the multi is legit next level brilliance..... Just terribly let down by the BTB offering and fucking god awful server selection.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm actually really excited to jump into MP.

I played the beta and loved it but then when the full game came out I had real issue with the gun aiming. The game just felt off and I found my first few hours with the game incredibly frustrating. Felt like I suddenly couldn't hit anything (where as I had no trouble in the beta).

I never really went back to the game and eventually sold it without having played it for more than those first few hours.

I later read that there was some kind of aiming glitch that seemed to only effect some controllers - particularly 'Day One' controllers.

Was that glitch ever fixed?

Glass

I played the beta and loved it but then when the full game came out I had real issue with the gun aiming. The game just felt off and I found my first few hours with the game incredibly frustrating. Felt like I suddenly couldn't hit anything (where as I had no trouble in the beta).

I never really went back to the game and eventually sold it without having played it for more than those first few hours.

I later read that there was some kind of aiming glitch that seemed to only effect some controllers - particularly 'Day One' controllers.

Not sure about an aiming glitch, but the sensitivity in H5 is different then any other Halo,it was a sticking point for some, so they've added a crazy amount of aiming options since, like PC FPS level of options.

Yes. And now you can configure the aim in 5 ways:

- vertical sense
- horizontal sense
- acceleration
- inner dead zone
- outer dead zone

I believe the Beta had acceleration to 2. Also by default in Halo 5, the vertical is lower than the horizontal. I believe in older halos they were the same values

So I won't have to swap discs for a week to play Halo 5? This lazy guy is happy!

I'm somewhat frugal, and was loving GCU discounts for a while, but my preferences have slowly shifted to being all digital on Xbox One after I bought Halo 5 physically. For me, the value of most retailer discounts would especially be cancelled out by future Halo games going Xbox Play Anywhere.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing with (against) many newcomers come the Free Play Days.

jem0208

If you do get it set both deadzones to 0% then fuck about with the aim acceleration till you find one you like, 2 seems to be the one most like.

Top Bottom