• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians will be available to download and play FOR FREE 6.29 - 7.5

Cindro

I think INSIDE goes up at 12:01 ET, right? Hopefully the store will update with Halo at the same time!

Looking forward to running through the campaign, since I didn't get around to checking it out last year.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Pretty crazy they are allowing SP as well.

SP only took me one or two nights at launch. And I paid for the legendary edition.

People will blow through the SP and then not buy the game I feel like.

Though I do need to try multi again. Only played a few matches of multi, and haven't really played since. That's never happened with a Halo before..

Now is the right time to jump into H5, for free this is insane value to download and play. Worth buying after the fact too!

The in game experience networking wise is finally consistent considering online gaming these days and past regional issues. The studio's level of sustained updates combine added modes, features and content to deliver a Halo experience how it should be at launch IMO.

Enjoy a polished Halo game.

Kill3r7

SP only took me one or two nights at launch. And I paid for the legendary edition.

Though I do need to try multi again. Only played a few matches of multi, and haven't really played since. That's never happened with a Halo before..

They need as many people playing the game as possible. This is all about MP. Anyone can rent or buy the game used just to blow through the campaign and MS would never see any money from them either. The goal is to get people engaged and talking about Halo 5.

AlStrong

Considering it's for Gold members only, they would be targeting the folks who play online, and then possibly hooking them in with the Req Packs (and the 50% sale).

I imagine that coinciding it with Warzone Firefight gives a taste to the folks who never play PvP - those who may not have justified a purchase so far because the campaign doesn't have staying power, and vanilla Warzone still contained elements of PvP.

Or something.

I feel like they wouldn't do this if the game's player populations were up to the levels they were expecting. This is the kind of thing that less well-known indie multiplayer games on Steam do - free weekends to get people interested.

I mean, the multiplayer is the only thing in Halo 5 worth a damn, so if they waste a few days of their free week playing through the campaign then that's their loss.

II was thinking, it's going to be kind of shitty for new players going into Warzone Firefight without any REQs. Hopefully 343 does a sample pack this week or something. They can still contribute and have fun, but dealing damage on bosses will probe difficult.

Big Brett

just gifted my buddy $30 in gift cards to buy this :D

Oh shit, what's up buddy!

(kidding, I'm getting this anyway :D)

Really looking forward to getting back to this game. I enjoyed it a bit, but found a good trade in deal for who-knows-what a while back. Don't feel terrible double dipping really.

Rockyrock

hmm I might download it just to stomp some baddies like the old days. h5 is the only Halo game ive never purchased.

that Download size thooooo

jmartoine

Hmm I'll probably try this out then. Is there any point in playing the single player? Heard it wasn't too good.

Gameplay in the story is quite fun, story isn't the best but the overall package is an enjoyable 5 hour campaign. That being said, you won't miss much if you skip it.

Halo-5-Guardians-Warzone-Attack-on-Sanctum-Overview.jpg

damn

This is a map for Warzone Firefight?

I have barely made a dent in Halo 1 from the collection...still need to do that AND play all the others...I have no need for another multiplayer game...have plenty of those...

...so why I do I want to buy the 50% off super ultra mega edition of this right now? I'm too weak for these sales!

I have barely made a dent in Halo 1 from the collection...still need to do that AND play all the others...I have no need for another multiplayer game...have plenty of those...

...so why I do I want to buy the 50% off super ultra mega edition of this right now? I'm too weak for these sales!
It's been 30 dollars on Amazon the entire time. Don't give into buying it, i've been trying not to myself.

Top Bottom