• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Can't wait for Shadowrun Anniversary in 2017 with the 5 or so unfinished maps completed and released.

A man can dream, but I would actually buy an Xbone for that one game if it was done right.

Tablo

Hmm how am I going to track down all those amazing Halo 3 forge maps...
Or will we start anew and rise from the ashes!

Can't wait for Shadowrun Anniversary in 2017 with the 5 or so unfinished maps completed and released.

A man can dream, but I would actually buy an Xbone for that one game if it was done right.

It's dead, Jim Booshka...just like 1 vs. 100. Buried together in the grave for fucking amazing exclusives that would get me to buy an Xbox One yesterday if they were announced.

That said, Halo:MCC could very well convince me to jump in. Pretty insane value there and I'm chomping at the bit to see what Halo 3 looks like at 1080p. I recall Bungie sacrificing 720p for amazing HDR lighting. Now we can have both!

Bsigg12

It's dead, Jim...just like 1 vs. 100. Buried together in the grave for fucking amazing exclusives that would get me to buy an Xbox One yesterday if they were announced.

That said, Halo:MCC could very well convince me to jump in. Pretty insane value there and I'm chomping at the bit to see what Halo 3 looks like at 1080p. I recall Bungie sacrificing 720p for amazing HDR lighting.

They're bringing back Phantom Dust. It's a game that sold like 70k worldwide when it released on the Xbox. Anything is possible at this point.

FyreWulff

I think we should just leave that one in.

That one is too good. :)

and it took, what, three years for everyone to notice you could do it and start abusing in order for it to be patched a month later?

It was funny how long it took for people figure it out, but sometimes stuff just takes a while to boil to the top.

There's an actual thing where bugs will go unfound because the current exploits work so well / are consistent enough that the discovery process stops. So you fix other exploits, people start looking around for other things, and find new stuff that was sitting there the whole time. This happened in Halo 2 where people relied so much on flag wall pulls and dummy glitching that for a couple weeks after the patch, those cheater teams were easy wins in matchmaking as they actually had to play the game now, or were still trying them. Then they found other map escapes/glitches.

Saw it happen a few times while on the Cartographers. You guys would find an exploit, we'd submit map updates, and that update would fix it but people would find another one a couple of weeks later. Never underestimate the power of a million assholes typing on keyboards at once.

wwm0nkey

Just nag Phil on twitter for a remake or spiritual successor and it'll happen eventually..... Now we just need to organize a bring back ChromeHounds movement....

I got the Pistol, what they hell did you get?!

BAHAHAHAHA
git rekt

EDIT: Wait.. you're not getting TMCC? ;\

malfcn

Skulls as retailer exclusive pre-orders?
At least they aren't that special.

Must convince friend to get Xbox One and this collection for a full run.

What about it? I can't say I'll take the bet, I just want to know what you're betting on.

They're going to mess up Veins of Stone, from the Sacred Icon suite. I'm of the belief they did a great job on the CEA soundtrack and that they didn't "mess up" anything on it. But my gut's telling me they're going to somehow fuck with Veins of Stone - whether or not it's too modern, to untrue to form, whatever. Any takers?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.

I've also lost a lot of weight. I have a pic with you from PAX in 2010 when I was 230lbs. Now I am 160lbs. I will be at PAX Seattle this year, and hopefully I get to take another pic with you.

_woLf

Speaking of PAX, this would be a good year to bring back HaloFest.

I actually really enjoyed that. Almost more than all of PAX that year.

rokkerkory

Same, I loved the CEA ones, especially the one where they got the guy from Saber to explain the graphical overlay.

I need this in my life as well. I hope by the time PAX rolls around we get something along these lines.

Well I think it really helps with marketing the game too, it's just awesome to see the behind the scenes look and how passionate 343 and the other developers are. I bet this was a huge undertaking.

The most minor of nitpicks/suggestions: I'd like it an awful lot if the main menu had a halo in it.

Right now it's just space. But come on, this is Halo! The grandest Halo disk of them all! Halos float in space. Just...do it. Have a halo floating somewhere in that space.

Come on, man.

PWJXZKd.jpg

Well I think it really helps with marketing the game too, it's just awesome to see the behind the scenes look and how passionate 343 and the other developers are. I bet this was a huge undertaking.

Well a lot of things are coming up that TMCC might be at, in July there is RTX and Comic Con, and August has Gamescom and Pax Prime.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Frankie,

Since we are getting a "new" Halo MP engine for the 6 remastered Halo 2 maps, is there a current plan to use this engine for more things in the future? Is DLC out of the question through-out the next year leading up to Halo 5? Is this even something you can talk about?

Frankie,

Since we are getting a "new" Halo MP engine for the 6 remastered Halo 2 maps, is there a current plan to use this engine for more things in the future? Is DLC out of the question through-out the next year leading up to Halo 5? Is this even something you can talk about?
I imagine so. Set us up with 6 maps, if people flock to those playlists and 343 sees interest, maybe they'll develop more remakes in that engine.

H2A mp is a good test bed for halo 5 before it has a beta, no doubt.

It seems weird that we are getting two versions of halo 2 multiplayer, the original gameplay and a remastered version, it just seems like extra work so there must be more to it.

JDHarbs

H2A mp is a good test bed for halo 5 before it has a beta, no doubt.

It seems weird that we are getting two versions of halo 2 multiplayer, the original gameplay and a remastered version, it just seems like extra work so there must be more to it.
I feel the same. We got remastered gameplay in CEA because we didn't have the original. Since we're getting original H2 multiplayer, H2A just feels so unnecessary. There has to be something more to it besides just replicating Halo 2.

klodeckel

Banned
It seems weird that we are getting two versions of halo 2 multiplayer, the original gameplay and a remastered version,

Well, "two versions" is not exactly right. In the end, they are the same. Just that MP on those 6 maps will look better :) The basic gameplay elements are exactly the same.

They also do not seperate them in the game UI. Halo 2 MP is Halo 2 MP.

Izuna

Banned
This announcement is just so awesome. I don't mind taking a huge break from gaming until this comes out.

Almost every classic game from my childhood has been rereleased, and most of the time despite being hyped I have never bothered to go back to them. But Halo on the other hand is timeless.

Eoin

Well, "two versions" is not exactly right. In the end, they are the same. Just that MP on those 6 maps will look better :) The basic gameplay elements are exactly the same.

It's two different versions as they run on different engines, so the "basic gameplay" is not "exactly the same". They've described anniversary as a modern take on Halo 2, so expect at the least subtle changes.

Pretty sure "feels like a modern take" means there will be substantial (but not huge) changes to the remade MP.

Edit: Beaten

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Cool video but why does that rifle thing eject the bullet casings out the left side? Don't you want it to go out to the right so they don't hit your face/obstruct your view?

I never played Halo 4 so maybe it's just how it looks in the video.

i don't really know, maybe its like that in my videos when i capture it :/

But Man i need Halo 2 anniversary, just imagine my Gun Sync's with them dual wielding guns OMG!!!
bnh3VD4.gif

klodeckel

Banned
It's two different versions as they run on different engines, so the "basic gameplay" is not "exactly the same". They've described anniversary as a modern take on Halo 2, so expect at the least subtle changes.

:)

That's why I wrote "The basic gameplay elements are exactly the same.". Weapons, movement, abilities, damage ... Even small things like weapon spawn points. In that video we got at E3 I couldn't tell one single difference - beside that (obviously) it does look better. Cleaner HUD, fancy particles, better lighting, textures, the map had some very minor geometry changes.

FyreWulff

More weapon start options and weapons-on-map spawn options would be appreciated.

I almost put in "Add more weapon sets, and add one called Laser Beams that just puts Sentinel Beams on the map", but took it out since I didn't feel there was enough meat to it.

Any ideas for weapon sets?

edit: what would be interesting is making a separate Sword that has an ammo limit, then adding versions of weapon sets that spawned the Sword that spawn the ammo limited Sword instead.

Hasn't it been confirmed that the maps will have things to change them up from the originals?

Bread

Banned
Frankie that Kinect voice command thing was a good question, do you guys have input on what you want the game to be called on the dashboard? It would be a pain in the ass to say the whole title of the game every time.

I wouldn't mind choosing the number and type starting grenades being an option.

I also wonder just how viable it is to add in modifiers to player traits (e.g. health, shields, damage etc). They managed to pull that off in CEA through skull, though whether that was by altering the various multipliers of values that the original engine supported, or through other trickery, I don't know. It would be an amazing addition if possible though. Even if it's relatively basic compared to the ridiculously detailed settings in later games.

what would be interesting is making a separate Sword that has an ammo limit, then adding versions of weapon sets that spawned the Sword that spawn the ammo limited Sword instead.

I like the idea, but I think this would mean duplicating a lot of weapon sets, unfortunately. It's the sort of thing that could have been easily fixed in Forge.

Edit: what about the option to start with no weapon? Easily done by modding back in the day. Fun for certain custom games.

Edit 2: Actually being able to alter all settings from the main lobby would be great. I'd also port over as many options from later games as is practical.

"Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me"

just an honest question....

why does every thread title need a personal excerpt?

in my opinion, this is what keeps NeoGaf, well....., NeoGaf. every single thread has a stupid tag attached to it. stick to the facts and leave your personal beliefs to yourself. this trend is a downward spiral.

"Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me"

just an honest question....

why does every thread title need a personal excerpt?

in my opinion, this is what keeps NeoGaf, well....., NeoGaf. every single thread has a stupid tag attached to it. stick to the facts and leave your personal beliefs to yourself. this trend is a downward spiral.

It's a quote from Halo 1. People like to have fun with thread titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom