• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who agrees with this:
http://www.ign.com/blogs/net34a/201...d-halo-why-halo-4-is-the-worst-halo-game-ever

personally i didn't mind Halo 4, but i've noticed how i'm playing it a lot less than I used to with Halo 1 and Halo 2, oh well, this person picks up very good points, instead of quick deaths i like emptying my entire magazine out on a spartan and while we are reloading whoever gets a good melee or reloads first and begins shooting would win.

It's an absolutely hyperbolic article that only lists every single complaint, valid or not, that has been thrown at the game.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Will this be Day 1 Digital and will it have the Halo 5 Beta?

if it isn't it wont stop me from buying but it would definitely be a plus if i could cop this beast digitally.

Of course, and there is no extra code for Halo 5 Beta and TV series. Its all integrated in the main menu. When you scroll over to extras, you will see both options.

danwarb

New hardware is in quotes because it's a relative term. A GPU designed in 2013 is newer hardware than what the XBO has inside. You coud also say that it's current hardware, or newer hardware than the 360 (as you say, nobody is disputing that), but simply stating new hardware is relative, thus my quotes.

Still, I'd like to hear confirmation on how stable these 60 fps will be. As I said, I wasn't impressed by Halo AE framerate (and I replayed it this weekend, so I know how it feels).

The XBO GPU is about as modern any GPU on the market now. The same architecture as the PS4 GPU, and this R270.

Waaghals

Who agrees with this:
http://www.ign.com/blogs/net34a/201...d-halo-why-halo-4-is-the-worst-halo-game-ever

personally i didn't mind Halo 4, but i've noticed how i'm playing it a lot less than I used to with Halo 1 and Halo 2, oh well, this person picks up very good points, instead of quick deaths i like emptying my entire magazine out on a spartan and while we are reloading whoever gets a good melee or reloads first and begins shooting would win.

Personally I think Halo 2 is the worst Halo game.
I only play campaign, and I understand that MP was truly groundbreaking.

I feel the campaign levels are much more constrained in Halo 2 than in the other games, there are also some questionable design choices; like Jackal snipers that kill you instantly, being stuck with just Covenant weapons against the flood, the game's very abrupt ending etc. All in all I find H2 rather tedious to play. It still is a decent game, just not as good as all the others.

Strangely, I still look forward to playing it again this November.

Wolf Spartan

Neo Member
Personally I think Halo 2 is the worst Halo game.
I only play campaign, and I understand that MP was truly groundbreaking.

I feel the campaign levels are much more constrained in Halo 2 than in the other games, there are also some questionable design choices; like Jackal snipers that kill you instantly, being stuck with just Covenant weapons against the flood, the game's very abrupt ending etc. All in all I find H2 rather tedious to play. It still is a decent game, just not as good as all the others.

Strangely, I still look forward to playing it again this November.

Agreed, Halo 1 was the greatest but I haven't played Halo 3 and Halo 4 is a lot different so its hard to compare. As soon as I played Halo 1 first level and all, I was amazed in so many different levels.

Music: A disaster made by an untalented loser.

This guy (Neil Davidge) is a retarded with no talent, and how not? The guy comes from an experimental hip-hop/pop band! Hip hop!!

The main menu music of this failure just fall short to Halo's original theme.....Also, there's no any classic theme

No.

Barely legible in places. Ign should be ashamed to host this shit on their site.

I was just checking on my shopto preorders and noticed that my halo master chief collection order now says it includes the exclusive XX skull.

I hope this doesn't mean there are skulls limited to where you order from :/

iMax

I was just checking on my shopto preorders and noticed that my halo master chief collection order now says it includes the exclusive XX skull.

I hope this doesn't mean there are skulls limited to where you order from :/

Yeah, I believe they are :/

Chitown B

It's amazing the amount of hate for both of these games upon release -moreso for Reach, and now everyone is desperate to have them.

everyone? No. I loved ODST and think it might be the best campaign, but Reach, after I played straight though the campaign to the end in 7 hours after midnight launch - was a turd. MP maps were pulled straight from the campaign. Almost no symmetrical arenas with sight lines. Just an AA fest. Straight up competing with CoD and ruined the direction of Halo.

cbox

For those who missed out on the magic that was H2 in its prime. This sums it up pretty nicely. This is why people are excited for this collection.

link

mirror

Sums it up pretty well. Friends and I created a custom game mode called "shotta brief" on midship. Grenades and shotguns in a mele up to 100 kills. I've never laughed so hard,

E92 M3

For those who missed out on the magic that was H2 in its prime. This sums it up pretty nicely. This is why people are excited for this collection.

link

mirror

Indeed; very true. Funny enough I was also playing Gunbound and met a lot of people from there and spent many hours. I MISS THOSE DAYS SO MUCH.

TechOne

Stinkles looking good these days.

R5yc70x.jpg

Do we know if that super cool Kinect scanning mini-game from Halo CEA will be in? Will it be added to Halo 2A too?

I never owned a kinect for my 360 so I had to miss out on the scanning, I do hope it's carried over since it's already implanted.

That and that there is a tied achievement to scanning I will never unlock, lulz.

Chitown B

Yeah, sorry. I meant only 6 remastered maps.

That's a shame.

not really. Most people will want to play the originals anyway. The 6 remastered are just icing on the cake. Plus they'll be the most loved. Some maps wouldn't benefit from a remaster if no one wants to play those ones much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom