• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Caja 117

ADS......Sprint....

Now i get why Frankie is not around, no pop counter in MCC and probrably in halo 5, and even why MCC was made so Halo fans have some halo to play.

Is sad how broken this midship remake isgoing to be with sprint now.

Any chance of getting DLC for Halo 2 A is gone as well as H2A is the real next gen Halo

eYbRh.jpg

Omni

ADS aside (what the fuck)

Halo 5 is looking really pretty. Bad quality .gif aside. Can't wait to see actual footage. Though it's a shame that any positives are going to be drowned out because 343i are oblivious to what their fans actually want.

Surely they knew what kind of response this would get. Especially after two years of shitting on Halo 4 by pretty much everyone

Raide

ADS aside (what the fuck)

Halo 5 is looking really pretty. Bad quality .gif aside. Can't wait to see actual footage. Though it's a shame that any positives are going to be drowned out because 343i are oblivious to what their fans actually want.

Surely they knew what kind of response this would get. Especially after two years of shitting on Halo 4 by pretty much everyone

They DO know what fans want. Thats why MCC is coming out. Even if Halo 5 bombs, MCC will survive!

klodeckel

Banned
The more I am watching that 6 secs the more I am sure this is just the zoom with a visual difference but the same behaviour like before (look exactly at the movement - it stays the same). But well, we'll see tomorrow.

i'll be content with throwing sidewards jabs at 343 and posting gifs, and just laughing at the shills.

I'm gonna still be open. I mean it's obvious they don't want to be like Halo 1-3...hopefully there is at least solid balanced gameplay buried underneath all of this disappointment. Hype? Idk.

Get that shit out. We have gameplay already. We will be getting more crap tomorrow.

A lot of people are freaking out over something that may or may not be ADS from 6 seconds of phone footage.

As you said, we'll get proper gameplay tomorrow. I'd advise people to keep not freak out in the meanwhile.

BradC00

Anybody want to 'haloisdad'-ify my avatar?

Thanks in advance.

i need a new avatar with halo 5 and a no symbol across it.

was looking forward to playing something different then CoD and all the clones with different focus (like BF4 destruction)...oh well MCC 4 Lyfe.

RoKKeR

You really have to wonder how they come to such a decision/decide it is good for the franchise.

LOOK at that thread in Gaming side. A complete shit show. Find me the responses in there that are "Yes! ADS sweet! Just what I was hoping for, hyped for Halo 5 now!"

I mean seriously, who are they targeting with this shit?

UGH.

Raide

You really have to wonder how they come to such a decision/decide it is good for the franchise.

LOOK at that thread in Gaming side. A complete shit show. Find me the responses in there that are "Yes! ADS sweet! Just what I was hoping for, hyped for Halo 5 now!"

I mean seriously, who are they targeting with this shit?

UGH.

They try it out, its damn fun to play and they make a beta 1 year from release to see if the masses like it. Simple. They have to try fresh things and see what happens.

Tawpgun

I remember when people were pointing out scopeless br and red dot sight and the overall reaction was don't worry it's probably cosmetic.

343 can make a lot of baffling choices but at least they aren't daft enough to shove ads into halo.

I'm incredibly disappointed. Can't wait for the execs to try and spin the decision in that vidoc. 343 pro team secretly trying to act happy.

Welfare

I found the guy 343 wanted to buy the game.

People want to be stuck playing halo in a slow/fire from the hip only manner

If they stick to their guns, this will be an amazing game, about time halo evolved from that dinosaur that it was

I will buy this right now if it has ADS

Although I agree it is an overreaction in my ways. Especially people who refer to Halo as 'my halo'... Really? This does have the potential to change things a bit too much. I used to enjoy the smaller Halo maps which sprinting removes the possibility for unless they make sprint slower which could work. ADS however is something I hope they stay away from.

Like some people have said either the design team have their hands tied by higher ups or are making some extremely odd decisions.

I honestly think part of these decisions are because they want to make their own mark with Halo and this is why it could ultimately back fire again.

Not saying this is gospel or anything but I hope when we see some more footage it can alleviate any concerns.

Just watched the thingy on the Halo Channel.

Looks interesting.

For the record - I don't think they've added ADS - they may visually changed the reticule and animation for scope shots, but being able to move and shoot and jump without losing mobility is a key component of the game.

I would suggest we all chill the fuck out until tomorrow.

IF confirmed then...? Carry on!

As someone else has said, I'm pretty sure that could just be the animation for zooming in, instead of our entire screen turning into a scope like it has in every other Halo.

Sure, it looks weird and unlike Halo, but I have a feeling it will work the exact same way as it always has: zoom by clicking in the right thumbstick.

Notice how it was instant? That seems like a clear indication to me that its just a new style of zooming in.

Ein Bear

I'm trying not to overreact until we at least see some official footage and know how things work... But fuck me I'm so disappointed right now. Two years of everyone shitting on Halo 4 and watching it's population dwindle, yet 343 don't seem to have learned a goddamn thing.

At least we have the MCC.

jem0208

Get that shit out. We have gameplay already. We will be getting more crap tomorrow.

We have gameplay showing very little.

I've said this many times, but it appears to show hip fire as being just as accurate as always. If the movement speed also remains the same then this is mechanically identical to zoom/scope.

Abdozer

This got me thinking, has there ever been a beta where it was drastically different from the final build? Like if 343i were to remove ADS/Sprint from the beta for the full game.

Welfare

We have gameplay showing very little.

I've said this many times, but it appears to show hip fire as being just as accurate as always. If the movement speed also remains the same then this is mechanically identical to zoom/scope.

Why the hell would they change the visual representation? It doesn't help them at all.

Looks interesting.

For the record - I don't think they've added ADS - they may visually changed the reticule and animation for scope shots, but being able to move and shoot and jump without losing mobility is a key component of the game.

Alright, well it's good to hear that the full thing paints a better picture. Still worrying, though. I agree that people should probably calm down a little, but I'm a hell of a lot less optimistic than I am about H5 than I was this morning, and I don't think that's unfair.

Why the hell would they change the visual representation? It doesn't help them at all.

If they really must do something to pull in the cod kids, I'd prefer it be a purely cosmetic ADS than basically anything else :p

belushy

Banned

Looks interesting.

What kind of info did that video have?

Top Bottom