• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Full house 1Flag is the only gametype I think should be on relic.

You know in all the H2 I played I don't think I ever played BTB 1 flag on that map, was it in BTB clan playlist, I don't remember it.

Look forward to trying that now you mention it, I guess I was thinking slayer BTB on relic.

Fuchsdh

You know in all the H2 I played I don't think I ever played BTB 1 flag on that map, was it in BTB clan playlist, I don't remember it.

Look forward to trying that now you mention it, I guess I was thinking slayer BTB on relic.

They've been my favorite games of all time, all Halos.

Well I think this whole attempt at fixing the MCC is/will be a lost cause to revive the game now since Halo 5 is coming later this year. I don't think MS will continue providing resources for 343 to further test and fix this cluster of a dilemma. Evidently, time is running out based on these latest news from 343 and there has been no progress. Very sad seeing this happen to the community and ppl who own the game.

Booshka

Well I think this whole attempt at fixing the MCC is/will be a lost cause to revive the game now since Halo 5 is coming later this year. I don't think MS will continue providing resources for 343 to further test and fix this cluster of a dilemma. Evidently, time is running out based on these latest news from 343 and there has been no progress. Very sad seeing this happen to the community and ppl who own the game.

Well, good thing about the Halo community, they are great at always getting hyped for the next Halo game.

Cow

It just seems like 343 have no idea what they are doing with MCC. Bad leadership and no direction. Apparently majority of the games have been on dedicated whilst everyone's experiences and that thread over on reddit prove otherwise. I despise 343 as a company and certain individuals there that mislead us. I don't know how people can trust they'll deliver with Halo 5 and that it will have any longevity.

Ozzy can you send some of your Chinese workers to help with the MCC effort?

l2wIWkz.png

one of the all-time great "I'm not racist" posts in GAF history

l2wIWkz.png

one of the all-time great "I'm not racist" posts in GAF history

You know I would have thought you could leave it in the right thread but at least include the whole conversation would you?

I really didn't want to return to this thread but I'll not be called a racist. What exactly is offensive or racist about employing people from China and saying that? If you cared to ask rather than joke I also have in the past or do currently employ staff from India, Vietnam, Australia, UK and a plethora of others. My current 2 teams in China do awesome work and I added them to round out a post full of half a dozen points about working with/having experience with a number of races and regions.

But by all means continue the GAF shit-show of cherry picking one point for a false knee jerk reaction instead of actually discussing any differing opinions. Cut out the racist shit guys'n'gals, you're better than that.

After further evaluation, the next Halo: MCC content update will no longer require a CU beta test. Thank you for your interest. Select 'Launch site' to view more info on Halo Waypoint.

Thanks for the heads up Microsoft.

At 7:00 pm PST I will have a lobby open for the MCC. My gamertag is AnonomissX.

Only the brave and true will make it to the lobby. What happens after that lies on the Glory Road.

Back on topic
of anything but racism

Anybody like trap?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE8sjRUjiUI&index=183&list=PLb-I1-Zh3dgl81hhgngtlcRveQiQH9CWC

Good shit right there

Halo

Trap is fantastic. Good share.

At 7:00 pm PST I will have a lobby open for the MCC. My gamertag is AnonomissX.

Only the brave and true will make it to the lobby. What happens after that lies on the Glory Road.

I might pop in, if shit is working.

CliQ

Hey guys been a little while. Wanted to say Hi! I'm taking a break from Halo until that patch comes out. See you guys on the other side.

Booshka

Okay seriously how the fuck do people fire the BR so fast in H2C? My noobiness can't hack it.

You talking about Double shot? It's RRX, if you are super pro and have a secondary, then RRX, YY, RRX, which is called a quad shot. Usually it is two normal shots, then RRX for the 4 shot.

It's not completely needed though, just fire quickly normally and land every shot. Jump, strafe, Gandhi hop, peek shot with the level geometry, etc.

git gud

You talking about Double shot? It's RRX, if you are super pro and have a secondary, then RRX, YY, RRX, which is called a quad shot. Usually it is two normal shots, then RRX for the 4 shot.

It's not completely needed though, just fire quickly normally and land every shot. Jump, strafe, Gandhi hop, peek shot with the level geometry, etc.

git gud

Haha for sure, I know next to nothing about pro moves. It really is a matter of me having to git gud.

GrizzNKev

Banned
So I've been playing through the CEA campaign in coop on heroic with my roommate, who is fairly well informed about Halo and games in general, and I'm sort of turning it into an ongoing dialogue about the quality of the audiovisual remaster. I'm pointing out things like the inconsistency of the art style, the desecration of established lore, lost musical articulations, and all around strange decisions ie. Spartan end Elite shields not lighting up upon taking damage.

I know this topic was discussed in length at release, but I still wanted to say this. My conclusion is that, outside of some really great terminals (CEA's best are the best in the series), almost the entirety of CEA has absolutely no respect for the source material.

Trey

almost the entirety of CEA has absolutely no respect for the source material.

I look at it more that the remaster is 343 doing their own thing. It's probably why they were so gung ho about that on the fly switching.

Now some people have taken issue with the OG mode as well. it differs from the Xbox CE version in certain ways I can't recall now, on account of CEA being a port of the Halo PC campaign.

Me personally I like the Anniversary remasters.

Fuchsdh

So I've been playing through the CEA campaign in coop on heroic with my roommate, who is fairly well informed about Halo and games in general, and I'm sort of turning it into an ongoing dialogue about the quality of the audiovisual remaster. I'm pointing out things like the inconsistency of the art style, the desecration of established lore, lost musical articulations, and all around strange decisions ie. Spartan end Elite shields not lighting up upon taking damage.

I know this topic was discussed in length at release, but I still wanted to say this. My conclusion is that, outside of some really great terminals (CEA's best are the best in the series), almost the entirety of CEA has absolutely no respect for the source material.

That's a bit hyperbolic, no?

I look at it more that the remaster is 343 doing their own thing. It's probably why they were so gung ho about that on the fly switching.

Now some people have taken issue with the OG mode as well. it differs from the Xbox CE version in certain ways I can't recall now, on account of CEA being a port of the Halo PC campaign.

I like both, but now I really wish CEA would have been faithful along the lines of H2A. H2A nailed it imo.

GrizzNKev

Banned

I was always a PC player until I got a 360 in '08 so the OG mode feels like home to me.

That's a bit hyperbolic, no?

I have justifications for all of my criticisms, but for the most part, change for the sake of change and reuse of Reach assets really doesn't sit well with me. Perhaps my evaluation was a bit harsh but a lot of the things I don't like about it could have been avoided if someone checked in on it more often or allowed a little more budget.

I like both, but now I really wish CEA would have been faithful along the lines of H2A. H2A nailed it imo.

Yep. I really do feel H2A nailed it. I have a few negligible issues with the soundtrack but they really did a fantastic job with H2A. I see CEA as lessons learned in the remaster department.

I want to thank Gringo Suave89 and a random friend for 2 match made games and on one complete custom game. It worked and was kinda fun. Still we were waiting a long time for a game, and upon trying for a 5th game back in matchmaking, both Gringo and my friend dropped out of my xbox party and game session.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I want to thank Gringo Suave89 and a random friend for 2 match made games and on one complete custom game. It worked and was kinda fun. Still we were waiting a long time for a game, and upon trying for a 5th game back in matchmaking, both Gringo and my friend dropped out of my xbox party and game session.

#realmccstories

How on earth did CTF on Complex beat out CTF on Sidewinder? The people I get matched up with...

Edit: even MCC saw the error of their ways. Complex won the voting, but the game started up Sidewinder. Sometimes this game does the right thing..

HTupolev

I thought that H2A would have nailed it, but I walked away pretty disappointed. The new audio is a bangy headache-inducing soup, the environments didn't always translate well in the "barren but high-quality textures and a little frilly stuff" approach, and the new lighting and materials is often a very garish and Halo 4-ish metallic interpretation of the old and more stone-like (and I'm not just referring to stonerunner) stuff.

Visually it's not always well-designed for gameplay, either. Things like oversized dynamic lights and huge muzzle flashes add all kinds of visual noise.

And the Blur cutscenes? Their asset artists did impressive work, but their editors are awful (especially where sound is concerned), and they're not aesthetically consistent with the game. They also have transitioning issues to and from gameplay.

All in all it's an annoying and choppy experience compared with the original game.

https://halotupolev.wordpress.com/2...anniversary-comparison-review-and-analysis/6/

All kinds of missing and broken transparencies, replaced assets, lighting and shading is weirdly calibrated, choppy transitions to and from cutscenes, terrible cutscene framing, original audio not available, hideous HUD.

ceclassiccompare.png

Perhaps my evaluation was a bit harsh but a lot of the things I don't like about it could have been avoided if someone checked in on it more often or allowed a little more budget.
I wouldn't fix the issues of direction, but CEA wasn't released in a particularly finished state. More time would have helped.

You can see all kinds of things in CEA which are at different stages in development. A good place to compare is the 3 different chasms on AotCR. Or, for something that directly caught everyone's eyes, consider the cutscene animations; development was cut short when they were trying to meld hand-animation fixes with their mocap results, which is why cutscenes characters are sometimes horribly choppy and sometimes ridiculously overacted.

Top Bottom