• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Pretty awesome. Man, a new Halo Wars would look pretty awesome on the Xbox One. Still have hope for an possible E3 announcement this year.

I don't think they would announce Halo Wars a year in advance. Maybe some teases in the form of a t-shirt or something but I think they will announce it officially next year with a release sometime between E3:15 and E3:16.

I'm really glad the future of Halo is in the hands of the little robot thing that went insane and betrayed master chief. Happy anniversary guys!

Impala26

I'm really glad the future of Halo is in the hands of the little robot thing that went insane and betrayed master chief. Happy anniversary guys!

While I don't share you sentiments in general, I always found it rather ironic that they would choose this for their company name as well.

Booshka

While I don't share you sentiments in general, I always found it rather ironic that they would choose this for their company name as well.

Ya I found it funny that they named themselves after the Monitor and mention going on, "The Great Journey" with them in the credits of Halo 4. Their destruction of this franchise is even in accordance with the lore, talk about extended universe.

dwells

Lol the beta update is happening for a special testing company it seems
Seems like another example of where 343 could be more transparent and communicative.

"While we appreciate the members of the Halo community who volunteered, the plan for the beta patch has been changed and no longer requires public testing. We have recently acquired the services of a top-tier testing studio who will be assisting us in ensuring the comprehensive update is delivered to you, the fans, as quickly and effectively as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support."

-Ryn

Banned
Tomorrow then?
...maybe

They should release a Sonic 06 / Assassin's Creed: Unity / MCC Boulevard of Broken Dreams Triple Pack for XBO
Add Aliens: Colonial Marines as well.

23uy19d.gif
I'm having flashbacks to when I was 13!!

I love you guys

I just want all of you to realize the errors of your way, Ryn knows that feel.
Oh Ram... Don't you know?

Okay... that was good.

norm9

Is MCC fixed yet? I'm getting my xbone delivered in a few days and would like to play co-op campaign with a friend of mine if I can convince him to pick up the game.

-Ryn

Banned
Is MCC fixed yet? I'm getting my xbone delivered in a few days and would like to play co-op campaign with a friend of mine if I can convince him to pick up the game.
Not yet but from what I've heard campaign works fairly well.

The super patch will supposedly be dropping not long from now.

here is a video from readyuplive where minolta says that twitter/snapchat/instagram is to blame for the Halo 5 Beta having way less time played than the Halo 3 Beta.

That and kids having to eat dinner with their grandmother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZCdJLhOsCg&feature=youtu.be
That man just earned a Silver Medal in Mental Gymnastics.

I think it might have to do more with how they calculated play time, since that number is just crazy different.

FyreWulff

here is a video from readyuplive where minolta says that twitter/snapchat/instagram is to blame for the Halo 5 Beta having way less time played than the Halo 3 Beta.

That and kids having to eat dinner with their grandmother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZCdJLhOsCg&feature=youtu.be

Isn't it like.. the main reason is that the One has a much smaller install base than the 360 at the time of the H3 beta?

The One still is running neck and neck with the Wii U.

Madness

Isn't it like.. the main reason is that the One has a much smaller install base than the 360 at the time of the H3 beta?

I think the numbers are actually similar to the Xbox 360, in fact, I'd say with the last two months, Xbox One is actually ahead of where Xbox 360 was in terms of install base at the time of the beta. Also, it's hard because Microsoft doesn't post numbers, but I'd venture its at least 2.5-3 million+ against the Wii U worldwide, even with being basically dead in the water in Japan.

I think it's just, greater competition, the majority of the Halo fanbase is older now, with a lot of us no longer being in high school, university, etc. Plus the situation with MCC definitely didn't help, so many didn't buy MCC, were angry or upset. Just not as big an urge to play.

FyreWulff

I think the numbers are actually similar to the Xbox 360, in fact, I'd say with the last two months, Xbox One is actually ahead of where Xbox 360 was in terms of install base at the time of the beta. Also, it's hard because Microsoft doesn't post numbers, but I'd venture its at least 2.5-3 million+ against the Wii U worldwide, even with being basically dead in the water in Japan.

I think it's just, greater competition, the majority of the Halo fanbase is older now, with a lot of us no longer being in high school, university, etc. Plus the situation with MCC definitely didn't help, so many didn't buy MCC, were angry or upset. Just not as big an urge to play.

Okay, I just re-checked it, they're at about the same spot. For some reason I remembered it being around 20 mil at the time of the beta.

nobodysawanything

I believe the Xbone has already surpassed the Wii U in sales, even though it was out a year earlier.

willow ve

Ya I found it funny that they named themselves after the Monitor and mention going on, "The Great Journey" with them in the credits of Halo 4. Their destruction of this franchise is even in accordance with the lore, talk about extended universe.

9.8/10 - Comment of the year. Well played good sir.

dwells

Lol everything is ahead of the Wii U at this point.
Amazing to me that they haven't caved on price despite the fact that it's ten year old hardware and getting destroyed in sales and developer support. $199 and a game bundled in and I'd be all over it.

In a Podcast Unlocked interview Josh Holmes recounted a Halo match where he jumped out of a damaged Banshee in mid-air and ground pounded a damaged scorpion from up high in the sky.

This got me thinking about the kind of amazing moments Spartan abilities could add to Halo.

Using the slide ability to slip under an oncoming enemy warthog is one example.

What amazing feats do you think 343 should make possible with Spartan abilities?

In a Podcast Unlocked interview Josh Holmes recounted a Halo match where he jumped out of a damaged Banshee in mid-air and ground pounded a damaged scorpion from up high in the sky.

This got me thinking about the kind of amazing moments Spartan abilities could add to Halo.

What amazing feats do you think 343 should make possible with Spartan abilities?

That's an... odd way of asking the question. Very formal.

Are you taking this from a survey?

Madness

iiokHJj.gif

RBK

Banned
The market is contracting simply because there's no Wii this gen. Wii U probably won't even come close to touching OG Xbox numbers.

Top Bottom