• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Welfare

The market is contracting simply because there's no Wii this gen. Wii U probably won't even come close to touching OG Xbox numbers.

The closest system the Wii U can come close to is the GameCube, and that did 21.74m units. Wii U won't even get to 18m.

-Ryn

Banned
The closest system the Wii U can come close to is the GameCube, and that did 21.74m units. Wii U won't even get to 18m.
Which is a shame because the Wii U isn't a bad console. The touchpad can be used for some fun stuff and there are a decent amount of good to great games. Though they really should just bundle the GameCube controller remake with it. It's a superior controller.

Welfare

Which is a shame because the Wii U isn't a bad console. The touchpad can be used for some fun stuff and there are a decent amount of good to great games. Though they really should just bundle the GameCube controller remake with it. It's a superior controller.

While the Wii U might not be a "bad" console, Nintendo's marketing for it was/is absolutely shit.

Halo

Computer

In a Podcast Unlocked interview Josh Holmes recounted a Halo match where he jumped out of a damaged Banshee in mid-air and ground pounded a damaged scorpion from up high in the sky.

This got me thinking about the kind of amazing moments Spartan abilities could add to Halo.

Using the slide ability to slip under an oncoming enemy warthog is one example.

What amazing feats do you think 343 should make possible with Spartan abilities?

I would love to do this. Sounds cool to me.

A thought...

Could the big ultimate patch be taking a long time because they are going back and using the xbox originals instead of the PC ports? Is it also tied to the console update?

Mdot

A thought...

Could the big ultimate patch be taking a long time because they are going back and using the xbox originals instead of the PC ports? Is it also tied to the console update?

I doubt it. I think it has to do with the newly structured matchmaking built into Live itself, that wasn't too stable at the time of release. At least, that's what I read a while ago.

-Ryn

Banned
Oh sorry. What crazy shit yall wanna see in Halo 5?
lol they've really got everything I've been wanting (and a couple things I don't but hey toggles) except for wall running and wall jumping. Ever since the Ground Pound was announced I've been thinking about all the cool stuff you could do. Slide being used to dodge vehicles wouldn't be half bad but it'd need to be balanced so you can't just keep dodging everything with no problem.

While the Wii U might not be a "bad" console, Nintendo's marketing for it was/is absolutely shit.

Halo
This is very true. Hell I never even bothered getting a Wii because it seemed dumb (though it did have some good games). Nintendo has to step up their game.

A thought...

Highly highly unlikely imo

FyreWulff

A thought...

There'd be no reason to use the Xbox original versions.

For Halo 1, it'd actually be worse for multiplayer. Halo 2 PC is basically the Xbox code anyway. Halo 2 has actually never run natively on any hardware that isn't X86.

Madness

Is there a way to turn off autorecording of clips? Hardline was ridiculously annoying in that every time I got a rank up, it recorded whatever kill it was. My cousin for GTA V got clips recorded everytime he did something like use the sniper or shoot down a helicopter.

Haruko

Is there a way to turn off autorecording of clips? Hardline was ridiculously annoying in that every time I got a rank up, it recorded whatever kill it was. My cousin for GTA V got clips recorded everytime he did something like use the sniper or shoot down a helicopter.

AFAIK, the only way right now is to turn off Game DVR entirely, which turns off the ability to say "Xbox, Record That".

There's been numerous requests to add an option to disable just Autorecorded clips. Or better yet, games should offer that toggle individually in their own menus

AFAIK, the only way right now is to turn off Game DVR entirely, which turns off the ability to say "Xbox, Record That".

There's been numerous requests to add an option to disable just Autorecorded clips. Or better yet, games should offer that toggle individually in their own menus
Or even better, developers could just stop putting autorecord features in their games all together. If something cool happens I can record it myself, I don't need a game deciding what's cool for me.

Madden is the worst. Every scoring play records a clip. It's to the point where I just start broadcasting whenever I play it so the game doesn't record anything for me.

Fuchsdh

Lol. Groundpounding a tank is definitely awesome sounding, but I'm hoping the use the increased mobility options to really expand the BTB maps vertically; there's a tendency for them to be somewhat flat.

What's an actual example of a vertical BTB map? Halo 4 probably had some of the most extreme elevation changes and surface area outside things like Sidewinder/Avalanche.

-Ryn

Banned
What's an actual example of a vertical BTB map? Halo 4 probably had some of the most extreme elevation changes and surface area outside things like Sidewinder/Avalanche.
Graveyard, Spire, that one snow map in the DLC that was for Invasion... actually all of these maps were for invasion.

RBK

Banned
I don't have a problem with it, the chances to actually pull one off would probably be like 1/10, maybe even lower.

Let's not be crazy.. Ground Pounds are no where near as problematic as PP's in BTB.

I depends on what the ground pound actually does, god forbid they add EMP to it or make it one-hit kill on vehicles. It seems like vehicle play has historically been not understood very well by the developers...

RowdyReverb

I love that people tend to vote for CES in the BTB playlist. Idk why it is, but that game has some of the best BTB. Maybe it's the maps, or maybe it's the frequency of CE noobs that think AR is a weapon

Welfare

I love that people tend to vote for CES in the BTB playlist. Idk why it is, but that game has some of the best BTB. Maybe it's the maps, or maybe it's the frequency of CE noobs that think AR is a weapon

People are starting to realize that CE is just the best experience in MCC.

If ground pound hurts vehicles we might as well spawn with plasma's again!
Aww come on! It would be pretty difficult to hit moving vehicles and you would have to be high enough to pound them anyway. Plasma grenades and plasma pistol spawns made vehicles pretty much useless. It probably would require a solid direct hit to kill a warthog or ghost.

RowdyReverb

Confession: just played Waterworks for the first time in my life. What an awesome map. I wish it wasn't H2C though.
Also, I'm finding BTB matches really fast now, like under a minute fast. Haven't tried in a while and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Omni

Confession: just played Waterworks for the first time in my life. What an awesome map. I wish it wasn't H2C though.
Also, I'm finding BTB matches really fast now, like under a minute fast. Haven't tried in a while and I'm pleasantly surprised.
The first time?

That used to be my friends and my 'go to' map to screw around on. Freaking fantastic. But yeah, shame we aren't getting a remastered version. I'd prefer it over Relic.

-Ryn

Banned
I imagine Ground Pound will damage vehicles or at least create a shockwave. Maybe both.

Though it'll probably only destroy them if they are already damaged enough.

RowdyReverb

The first time?

That used to be my friends and my 'go to' map to screw around on. Freaking fantastic. But yeah, shame we aren't getting a remastered version. I'd prefer it over Relic.
Yeah, it's weird. I played a lot of H2 with friends and even had LAN parties, but for whatever reason I don't recall ever having played that one. Go figure. And yes, I prefer it to Relic as well, at least for symmetric game types

Madness

Hey! Wouldn't it be great if when you run out of ammo, you can aim your gun like a throwing knife and get a one a hit kill with it. I mean come on, a Spartan could probably throw his gun like a bullet.

Hey! What if there was an enemy above the ledge we want to clamber on, and we could perform an assassination or one hit kill on them before we pull ourselves up?

C'mon, old Halo is boring dudes. I want to evolve the series. Bring it into the 21st century. Guardian's is such a boring name too. We need something cutting edge like Halo: Interslice or something.

Yeah, it's weird. I played a lot of H2 with friends and even had LAN parties, but for whatever reason I don't recall ever having played that one. Go figure. And yes, I prefer it to Relic as well, at least for symmetric game types

8v8 CTF on Waterworks back in the day? Epic!

Hey! Wouldn't it be great if when you run out of ammo, you can aim your gun like a throwing knife and get a one a hit kill with it. I mean come on, a Spartan could probably throw his gun like a bullet.

Hey! What if there was an enemy above the ledge we want to clamber on, and we could perform an assassination or one hit kill on them before we pull ourselves up?

C'mon, old Halo is boring dudes. I want to evolve the series. Bring it into the 21st century. Guardian's is such a boring name too. We need something cutting edge like Halo: Interslice or something.

Halo has always been in the 21st century. Get with the times man.

Blueblur1

I would imagine that landing a ground pound on a vehicle would be a difficult task. Unless it's just sitting in one spot. In that case the vehicle (and the players in it) could likely be destroyed by many other means anyway. So fuck it; ground pound away.

Booshka

Direct Ground Pound destroying a Ghost or Banshee seems fine, Warthog should drop player shields and flip it over.

Just need to be able to shoot the player out of the sky as a Gunner on a Hog for it to be balanced.

EDIT: @Flandy, I think Singleplayer works well enough, just don't count on unlocking achievements reliably, and probably best to play through levels to completion, not sure if Checkpoints are still getting eaten or not.

Top Bottom