• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was the best HaloGaf junior post I've read.

herp-Derp-e1360264536947.jpg

UKUMI0

I wake up and find...I don't even know.

I really wish E3 would hurry up so that we can get past...whatever the last page was.

Not long to go now until the big reveal.

What's everybody's big predictions for this 'super new mode' that every Halo fan has dreamed of for a long time?

If the flagnum does more damage or behaves differently from the regular magnum, can it be gold or something to show that to the player?

I always thought it should be that way in Halo 4.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

What's everybody's big predictions for this 'super new mode' that every Halo fan has dreamed of for a long time?

3 teams (humans, elites, prometheans (which is why there's a more humanoid version now))

massive scale. vehicles everywhere. lots of mobs like in titanfall but not shitty or useless... like easy campaign enemies.

huge objectives... have objectives (territories, CTF, assault) scattered across the map which would lead to the capture of zones. assault for the base, CTF for the midrange areas, territories for the outskirts.

HUGE teams per instance... like 16 vs 16 vs 16 with potential up to 32 per team.

sometimes you'd have an infection event or something

probably 1 mega map at launch

i know, worst guess ever. but that's what i was kind of hoping for with halo 2 prelaunch... :/

Giant maps, 12 vs 12 player count, loadouts (maybe fixed, maybe custom), oodles of AI. Probably Spartans vs. Elites, with Spartans getting UNSC fixtures (vehicles, Marines, etc.) and Elites rocking the Covenant set, including Hunters. You can boss around groups of nearby AI by using the campaign command set. Built around a set of objectives that generate as the match goes on; so, say, 3 different objectives per game, with new ones cropping up as the old ones are fulfilled.

This is not what it's going to be, but dammit, it's what I want.

singhr1

Jackal shield is wieldable and works similarly to GoW boomshield.

BTB has each player control an AI squad. 8 v 8 players -> 32 v. 32 total. UNSC squad is 2 ODST 1 marine. Covie squad is 1 hunter 1 grunt 1 jackal.

UKUMI0

I want to feel like I'm in the middle of a war zone, huge battles, tons of AI enemies.

I know it'll never happy but I really want to feel like everything I do as an individual has no impact, but as a massive team we're able to win (or lose) by the culmination of all the individual's actions.

Sort of like a horde mode but with 16ish people.

jem0208

Giant maps, 12 vs 12 player count, loadouts (maybe fixed, maybe custom), oodles of AI. Probably Spartans vs. Elites, with Spartans getting UNSC fixtures (vehicles, Marines, etc.) and Elites rocking the Covenant set, including Hunters. You can boss around groups of nearby AI by using the campaign command set. Built around a set of objectives that generate as the match goes on; so, say, 3 different objectives per game, with new ones cropping up as the old ones are fulfilled.

This is not what it's going to be, but dammit, it's what I want.

I would love to see something like that. However with one change: Instead of just controlling whatever AI is nearby to you, you control an AI fireteam which follows you around. This fireteam is customizable, you can choose what weapons they spawn with, what they look like, what they sound like etc. They'd be capable on their own but only truly effective with a strong player leading them. I imagine you would have a reasonable amount of control over them, for example you could command them to hold a position and defend it, follow you, clear out a room etc. If you, or one of your fireteam dies then you'd have a short period of time where you can be revived, after which you would respawn nearby to your fireteam. If you all died you would respawn at a set respawn location.

Also never ever going to happen but it sounds so cool.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

We've seen Arena, now we're gonna see the other side of the Halo 5 PvP coin: BTB.

24v24 (this is a mostly arbitrary number, but I claim bragging rights if I'm right)
huge battlefields
objective based
load outs, customizable weapons, customizable vehicles, perks
scarabs, pelicans, and never before seen vehicles

And for the love of stinkles, please no AI in Halo PvP.

I would love to see something like that. However with one change: Instead of just controlling whatever AI is nearby to you, you control an AI fireteam which follows you around. This fireteam is customizable, you can choose what weapons they spawn with, what they look like, what they sound like etc. They'd be capable on their own but only truly effective with a strong player leading them. I imagine you would have a reasonable amount of control over them, for example you could command them to hold a position and defend it, follow you, clear out a room etc. If you, or one of your fireteam dies then you'd have a short period of time where you can be revived, after which you would respawn nearby to your fireteam. If you all died you would respawn at a set respawn location.

Also never ever going to happen but it sounds so cool.

That... that sounds like CoH's Mastermind, but even better.

Oh my god, now I'm incredibly sad that I'm never going to get that ;___:

Damn you, Jem!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How stupidly high could our expectations really be? We know we'll see the new MP mode, and we know we'll see campaign. So, aside from wild BTB speculation, seems like we know what to expect.

AlStrong

How stupidly high could our expectations really be? We know we'll see the new MP mode, and we know we'll see campaign. So, aside from wild BTB speculation, seems like we know what to expect.

It could be Kung Fury high.

Very high.

If you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom