• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
wow, this place really takes a fucking dump before E3. so my hype blowing up all over the place.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
ZaqQwU2.gif

Kcphbtj.gif

The Greenskull/ReadyUpLive report of what looks like a space combat campaign mission has me hoping for dogfighting in multi. I don't know if it would be it's own mode or part of this crazy new BTB we are all speculating about, but how rad would some Star Fox or Crimson Skies aerial battles be in the Halo Universe? Rogue Squadron but in Halo? Sheeeeiiit. Take ALL my money!

Seriously, with Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous bringing the space combat renaissance to PC, why can't it work with Halo on Xbox? It would actually make a great non-mainline game too. The Longsword Corps? DO IT.

The Greenskull/ReadyUpLive report of what looks like a space combat campaign mission has me hoping for dogfighting in multi. I don't know if it would be it's own mode or part of this crazy new BTB we are all speculating about, but how rad would some Star Fox or Crimson Skies aerial battles be in the Halo Universe? Rogue Squadron but in Halo? Sheeeeiiit. Take ALL my money!

Seriously, with Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous bringing the space combat renaissance to PC, why can't it work with Halo on Xbox? It would actually make a great non-mainline game too. The Longsword Corps? DO IT.

One of my favorite things in Reach was flying around Anchor 9. I wish there had been more of that. Same with in Halo 4 when you're flying around the Didact's ship. Short, but sweet. Give us more!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
the question you have to ask yourself is... what is the halo sandbox... and what would make the experience new and epic?

what was missing from halo MP modes to begin with...

better question you have to ask is does this new, epic experience have to be played on MP maps...

and with that in mind... does that tie into the reasoning for multiple campaign level completion paths... and maybe part of the reason you always have squad mates... and the need for revival...

you can play as the covenant/prometheans/whoever confirmed... reverse campaign!

Now the humanoid prometheans are starting to make sense....

The question is... how many people can join in as the "nemesis" ...or what if the game is somehow 2 campaigns.... one a direct reversal of the other and the MP mode somehow intertwines with that in some weird way... like specific missions you'll be playing as osiris and the other is playing as blue team... and somehow they intertwine usually standard MP objectives into the SP game?
I just saw Ex Machina while stoned so my mind is already fucked, but now this?

i can't handle

nothing but hyper-critical shitposts and content promotion in a medium based on Halo? neat.jpg

HaloGAF is like the shittiest, stupidest family

I actually would be quite happy to see AI in multiplayer. Imagine a 8 player vs Covenant AI horde?

Even the idea of having AI marines running around with you in a 12 v 12 PVP environment would be pretty cool.

Still, I know after playing the Halo 5 beta that I'm really happy with the 4v4 arena side of things. Everything else is just icing on an already delicious cake.

HaloGAF UK - Thinking about throwing a HaloGAF LAN after launch...who would be interested?

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Halo Wars 2
MCC 2

If we are taking the Ai in the new BTB as a possibility why not go full hog with Halo Wars 2 crossover with Halo 5 where they can have someone in a "Command Mode" on Halo Wars 2 controlling the Ai and sending orders to the rest of the players.

Could just be a tablet thing like the Battlefield Commander but makes it a little more RTS and keeps the element of being PVP.

Just played MCC online for 6 hours straight and have had nothing but a great time. Holy crap I love this so much.

Forgot Halo is so much fun.

-Ryn

Banned
Oh cool another "I don't understand Titanfall but I want to shit on it" post.

Hint: think it as a Dota game.
I can understand why people prefer actual PvP battles instead of PvP spread through a bunch of fluff battles. That's not to say that it's a bad idea. I don't even kill grunts though because I feel bad for them lol

Madness

I can understand why people prefer actual PvP battles instead of PvP spread through a bunch of fluff battles. That's not to say that it's a bad idea. I don't even kill grunts though because I feel bad for them lol

I got TitanFall way past launch. So I can't say how it was when it launched. But I hated the bots. I played this one defend mode with my cousin that was super fun, but I don't really like the regular deathmatch mode. I can see why they have bots to populate the map, give people something to do in between titan call downs and because they might not see another player for a while, but I didn't like it. Took away from that intense competitive nature of wanting to outfight another player. The option would be to add more players, but then you don't want a situation where you have like 8 titans on field for one side etc.

Maybe it could work if bots are so much different looking than the players. For example, Spartans and Elites can only be human players, while grunts, jackals, marines or some other troops are the AI but I wouldn't want them in any classic mode aka BTB, Team Slayer, SWAT. They should be in something separate. Infinity meets Invasion meets Firefight meets Dominion or something.

Play a round of Starfox 64 multiplayer, you'll probably see why space flying multiplayer wouldn't last very long for any game.

You're probably right, but I've got great memories of that half-baked mode.

One of my favorite things in Reach was flying around Anchor 9. I wish there had been more of that. Same with in Halo 4 when you're flying around the Didact's ship. Short, but sweet. Give us more!

Hell yes. I remember from the Reach E3 reveal how awesome that mission was and how fun it was to play once we finally got out hands on it.

I just saw Ex Machina while stoned so my mind is already fucked, but now this?

"I'm about to tear up the fuckin' dance floor, dude."
That movie is great.

giphy.gif

-Ryn

Banned
I got TitanFall way past launch. So I can't say how it was when it launched. But I hated the bots. I played this one defend mode with my cousin that was super fun, but I don't really like the regular deathmatch mode. I can see why they have bots to populate the map, give people something to do in between titan call downs and because they might not see another player for a while, but I didn't like it. Took away from that intense competitive nature of wanting to outfight another player. The option would be to add more players, but then you don't want a situation where you have like 8 titans on field for one side etc.

Maybe it could work if bots are so much different looking than the players. For example, Spartans and Elites can only be human players, while grunts, jackals, marines or some other troops are the AI but I wouldn't want them in any classic mode aka BTB, Team Slayer, SWAT. They should be in something separate. Infinity meets Invasion meets Firefight meets Dominion or something.
I'm definitely in agreement with you there. They don't really add too much in the way of gameplay. For Halo you have a lot of identifiable silhouettes (one reason I always preferred the original designs) whereas with Titanfall, everything is shaped like a people. The game is still a lot if fun and the grunts have some interesting dialogue here and there, but they arent fun to fight. They're more like a part of the scenery.

If Halo were to do something like that I think squad commanding would be a great thing to include.

I love you BB
<3

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just played MCC online for 6 hours straight and have had nothing but a great time. Holy crap I love this so much.

Forgot Halo is so much fun.
Yeah, I've been playing a ton over the past few days. It works! And even quitting has been rare.

Ace 8095

What are the odd's Halo 5 BTB beta available now at the press conference is announced? I've got a feeling in my gut saying it's a pretty good chance.

Madness

What are the odd's Halo 5 BTB beta available now at the press conference is announced? I've got a feeling in my gut saying it's a pretty good chance.

I'd say none. There is no reason to do a beta anymore. They got what they needed from the first one, which was testing their UI, their dedicated servers, and how the Spartan abilities hold up in game play along with their new ADS. Why would they do a BTB beta now? If anything, you also don't want beta fatigue. I know I kind of don't want to play Truth, Empire again for a little bit because of how much I played those maps.

Who knows though maybe they're not comfortable after MCC, but I don't think we'll see another beta. They might do something for preview members before launch, but that's about it.

I hope 343 has updated the sound of the Battle Rifle from the beta. The beta burst shot sound basically sounded like a single shot. I wish they would make it sound loud and cracking like the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign BR. That thing rips and feels oh so satisfying.

I hope 343 has updated the sound of the Battle Rifle from the beta. The beta burst shot sound basically sounded like a single shot. I wish they would make it sound loud and cracking like the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign BR. That thing rips and feels oh so satisfying.

Yeah I disliked that, it makes it feel like a single shot too which I know sounds silly. I think the guy who posted the beta leak said the spread was reduced too? So it might feel even less like a BR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom